? servers

? players online

Keep Talking and Nobody Explodes Event

• Content Count:  2589

If this doesn't go here, could a CA+ please move it to the proper section

What will be be doing?

We will be playing the game "Keep Talking and Nobody Dies". Some of you may have seen the thread Spiked posted about the new game "Keep Talking and Nobody Explodes" If you haven't see the game already, you can view it and some more discussion including a video here

Basically one person is looking at a bomb, while the others, known as the "bomb experts" are looking at the bomb manual. The person defusing has to tell the "experts" what the modules on the bomb look like so they can help him defuse it. Only one person has to actually own the game, the others can just view the website to view the manual.

When we will be playing?

Unless there is high demand to change the time, the current planned time is this Saturday, October 10th, 2015 at 8 PM EDT. For the ones that can't figure out when that is, view the spoiler below to see a list of various locations.

New York (U.S.A. - New York) Saturday, October 10, 2015 at 8:00:00 PM EDT UTC-4 hours

Houston (U.S.A. - Texas) Saturday, October 10, 2015 at 7:00:00 PM CDT UTC-5 hours

UTC (Time Zone) Midnight between Saturday, October 10, 2015 and Sunday, October 11, 2015 UTC UTC

Denver (U.S.A. - Colorado) Saturday, October 10, 2015 at 6:00:00 PM MDT UTC-6 hours

Los Angeles (U.S.A. - California) Saturday, October 10, 2015 at 5:00:00 PM PDT UTC-7 hours

London (United Kingdom - England) Sunday, October 11, 2015 at 1:00:00 AM BST UTC+1 hour

Berlin (Germany - Berlin) Sunday, October 11, 2015 at 2:00:00 AM CEST UTC+2 hours

Where we will be playing?

Since the majority of the game is played by communicating, I will setup a private teamspeak channel. It will be set so that talk power is required, and the only ones that are currently playing (the one defusing, and 2-3 "bomb experts") can talk.

Will it be streamed?

Yes...kinda. When I am defusing, I will be streaming my game. Doing a few tests, it seems the delay is around 30 seconds. Which given the nature of the game may or may not be great for everyone, but better than nothing?

Who will be playing?

Well, anyone that wants to can join in. I already own the game, and anyone wanting to be the one defusing must purchase to play. But anyone can be a "bomb expert" by visiting the site provided above. I'm thinking of trying to limit the amount of people in each session to about 3-4, but people wanting to listen in and try to play along and view the manual as people try to defuse it.

Will there be a giveaway?

YES! I have bought 3 copies of the game that I will be giving away during the event.

How will the giveaway work?

In order to be eligible for the giveaway, you must first be at the event (duh!). There will be three ways to win a copy.

• The first way is to play a game and help to defuse the bomb. Anyone that actually plays a game, will entered into a pool and one winner chosen at random.
  • The second way to win is by correctly answering a series of questions. At some point in the event (exact time TBD) I will ask a series of questions. I will give everyone a few minutes heads up prior to the questions being asked. The topics of the questions will vary and can be about anything. To answer the questions, you will message me on teamspeak with your answers. I will set a timer for 3 minutes. After 3 minutes, any answers sent in will not be accepted. I highly encourage and ask that you send in your answer in one long message. After the 3 minutes is up, whomever answered all questions correctly the fastest wins. If no one answered all questions correctly, then whomever answered the most correct in the shortest amount of time wins.
  • The third and final way to win, is by random draw. At 9 PM EDT (or 1 hour after the event start) I will mark down everyone that is in the teamspeak channel and randomly choose one person to win.

Keep in mind that you can only win once. I'm doing the giveaway more complicated than most giveaways here, simply to make it more interactive and hopefully make the event more fun for people.

• Like 2
Edited by Goku

So @SpikedRocker and myself played through about half of the bombs in the "story" mode so to speak.

Gotta say guys, this game is a lot of fun. Think you guys will enjoy it. Also, fuck morse code....fucking bullshit....

Being slightly drunk is also recommended :toung:

Also, how long you guys running it for? I can probs only be there by 9-10 ish DD:

Depends how many ppl come play. ATM afaik it's just me. :|

• Content Count:  742

Damn that's alot of money for a game

You only need the game if you want to be defusing the bomb per say... Also I think you can just do family sharing on steam so only one person has to buy the game and share it so like y'all can split the price (cuz only one person is gonna be playing at a time while everyone yells at them).

• Like 1

Reply to Thread