? servers

? players online

CS:GO Jail Break Rules Revamp... Again

• Content Count:  5108

If you guys have any PB questions, you can still ask me if you want. I put the majority (with some help from Jen), if not all, of those rules on the server over a span of like 4-5 years. I'm sort of now just starting to get back into PB after a year or two break.

I think I'd like to take you up on that offer.

It's evident that a lot of our playerbase and administrators do not fully understand the rules themselves, and I feel that it would only benefit our server if @Caution would be able to revamp and instate the rules that we used to have back on CS:S PB. It needs to be made clear what the rules are and admins should be informed of this new revamp and be required to take a look at the new rules upon completion of the thread. It's way beyond a few admins and players having a few misunderstandings now-a-days, seeing as tons of threads are being made regarding PB rules. I know other higher ups are saying one thing about a certain rule, and another says the opposite which is causing confusion.

Either people are making up rules, those in charge of the server aren't making them clear enough, or no one is making an effort to learn them. Something has to be done because it will only lead to unnecessary arguments and quarrels between players and administrators.

• Like 6

• Content Count:  989

Our player base isn't made up of the old players, the new ones are the ones who regular themselves on our servers, why would we change their point of views on the rules we've enforced when they are the regulars, instead of making the few old players that still play change their point of view. It's common sense to keep the majority satisfied and happy then the few who rather have it the other way.

Besides that, of course admins aren't going to enforce the rules the same, players and admins included interpret everything differently and think differently that's how our minds work. What one considers wrong, one might consider right or justified. That's like trying to tell a story and expecting the next person to be able to tell another person the same story word for word. Just adjust to how it's ran now instead of changing the whole thing just because you personally dislike the system, or better yet, play T side so you don't have these "new rules" applied to you.

Edited by Ayjin

Our player base isn't made up of the old players, the new ones are the ones who regular themselves on our servers, why would we change their point of views on the rules we've enforced when they are the regulars, instead of making the few old players that still play change their point of view. It's common sense to keep the majority satisfied and happy then the few who rather have it the other way.

Besides that, of course admins aren't going to enforce the rules the same, players and admins included interpret everything differently and think differently that's how our minds work. What one considers wrong, one might consider right or justified. That's like trying to tell a story and expecting the next person to be able to tell another person the same story word for word. Just adjust to how it's ran now instead of changing the whole thing just because you personally dislike the system, or better yet, play T side so you don't have these "new rules" applied to you.

Because there was never any issues with the rules back when I played PB. Now all of a sudden, the server gets switched to CS:GO and almost no one seems to understand the rules. I know I might just be someone who "wants to reminisce and go back to the old days", but if you saw how calm PB and it's playerbase was 2-3 years back, you'd understand my point of view.

• Content Count:  2983

Our player base isn't made up of the old players, the new ones are the ones who regular themselves on our servers, why would we change their point of views on the rules we've enforced when they are the regulars, instead of making the few old players that still play change their point of view. It's common sense to keep the majority satisfied and happy then the few who rather have it the other way..

If you say the majority of the player base is fine with the current rules we have, why do we have several dumb threads every time I check the forums, have people whining on the servers and admins who constantly need to ask others and higher ups to confirm rules.

Because there was never any issues with the rules back when I played PB. Now all of a sudden, the server gets switched to CS:GO and almost no one seems to understand the rules.

That's because there was a more intelligent player base, or at least ones that could comprehend the statements written in our rules. Now we have a player base that honestly includes a lot more children, we've had to Crack down on things we haven't cracked down before, because others dislike it. Like I said whether it's like or not, I'm sure you prefer the old rules, but the majority of our players are used to the rules now. Why make them change their entire view of them, leading to multiple problems. When we can allow players like you, who should be able to adjust to the new changes with ease and keep everyone under control and not causing a whole server rule revamp. This includes a lot of our Admins, like me. I've been playing for around 6 months now, and I've always played the same, so changing back to all these "old rules" will cause the new admins to learn a whole new system and enforce rules in a different manner.

• Content Count:  3740

@Extreme Potatoes

So do you think admins are being too strict? Trigger happy to take action? Pressured to take action? Too quick to make a judgement call?

The rules have been brought up SO MANY TIMES it's practically a dead horse that's been beaten to a pancake. Are we really going to progress at all by bringing them up again and again or is it something else?

If you say the majority of the player base is fine with the current rules we have' date=' why do we have several dumb threads every time I check the forums, have people whining on the servers and admins who constantly need to ask others and higher ups to confirm rules.[/quote']

You kind of beat yourself there, they create "dumb threads", and after they are handled they usually don't question it further. Emphasis on "usually".

@Extreme Potatoes

So do you think admins are being too strict? Trigger happy to take action? Pressured to take action? Too quick to make a judgement call?

The rules have been brought up SO MANY TIMES it's practically a dead horse that's been beaten to a pancake. Are we really going to progress at all by bringing them up again and again or is it something else?

It's a mixture of things, tbh. Some admins are slaying and kicking players (and occasionally other administrators) for doing things that they deem wrong, when they are not doing anything wrong. Some admins are reluctant to use their powers or say anything because of their misunderstanding of the rules on the server.

• Content Count:  2983

You kind of beat yourself there, they create "dumb threads", and after they are handled they usually don't question it further. Emphasis on "usually".

I'm saying dumb threads because the topics have been already handled and are placed in the !rules, the motd, and whatever is left (newbie's guide) and yet you see another thread pop up later.

I'm saying dumb threads because the topics have been already handled and are placed in the !rules' date=' the motd, and whatever is left (newbie's guide) and yet you see another thread pop up later.[/quote']

Then if it's something that's been previously answered, just link them to whatever or wherever needed. Or simply ignore it.

Reply to Thread

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.