? servers

? players online

CS:GO Jail Break Rules Revamp... Again

• Content Count:  3740

because some older higher ups and players of the server are swaying people one way, while the people who know the rules are swaying those another way, and the newish people who have no idea are making up their own rules and swaying people in another direction

This chatbox message from you portrays the issues that have been talked about going back to as early as the start of Summer 2015. Are admins not showing enough constraint before using their powers until they gather the ENTIRE picture of what's going on? Are admins acting too much on grey area situations, such as slaying CTs for killing Prisoners who are delaying for example? Are we witchhunting freekillers too much?

• Content Count:  1639

You kind of beat yourself there, they create "dumb threads", and after they are handled they usually don't question it further. Emphasis on "usually".

Well, not really. The whole point of those threads are to provide clarification to any misunderstanding of the rules, which it does when the person(s) who created said rules clears any of the mix-ups.

To the point in which we should just "progress" with these new thought rules is completely ridiculous. The basis into which you say these new players cannot comprehend the old rules, as they are less intelligent compared to the old player base, isn't too solid. We had a decent population of pre-teens in CS:S PB, myself included, and even so the rules were laid and understood with clarity. This is because there weren't two differing sets of rules being tossed about the server.

The problem that PB has now has is the divide between these "new" rules and the actual rules. It's not that the players are so unintelligent that they cannot understand them, it's that if one side provides a statement of their knowledge on the rules contrasting to that of the actual rules, they'd of course have trouble comprehending what's true and what's not.

Providing clarification on the rules for PB now would be best to resolve this problem, and in turn helping the server population to play the game mode properly. If these new rules were instilled into PB it would just cause more confusion, and PB is chaotic enough as it is. It's best off just to leave it how it has been. It has worked in the past, and will work now.

• Like 1

• Content Count:  989

This chatbox message from you portrays the issues that have been talked about going back to as early as the start of Summer 2015. Are admins not showing enough constraint before using their powers until they gather the ENTIRE picture of what's going on? Are admins acting too much on grey area situations, such as slaying CTs for killing Prisoners who are delaying for example? Are we witchhunting freekillers too much?

I agree with you, but there's the problem of only being a few admins on, or few admins who don't do what's needed, and I think it's because we gather what information we need until we feel it's enough to take action against it. If we gathered the entire picture, and made completely sure that whatever action we take is backed up entirely without any flaws, the punishment will come later and seem like a random mishap, only causing more confusion in between the kind of player base we have now.

• Content Count:  11723

@Extreme Potatoes

So do you think admins are being too strict? Trigger happy to take action? Pressured to take action? Too quick to make a judgement call?

The rules have been brought up SO MANY TIMES it's practically a dead horse that's been beaten to a pancake. Are we really going to progress at all by bringing them up again and again or is it something else?

Not until "we" the admins have a say in this also.

We are the ones playing on the servers, enforcing them, and if we feel they need a re-amp. So be it.

I know we say we need to go back to 08/09 rules, but this is 2015, its time to work from the ground up. No more "tweaking" the rules.

The SA's Of PB, need to get together and talk about what we feel needs to change and what needs to be removed.

These rules, Should not, be made by a select few, it's more of a team effort.

@capp'n

Because the problems are not being solved.

The main issue I hear is that each admin sees our rules in different ways and some feel we need to re-amp it for our new playerbase.

These are not stupid threads, If they keep getting made, there still is an issue.

A fine example is defining camping as last CT.

Last CT can give an order "Freeday" and will be in one area, maybe moving to a new area once in a while but most of the time they are just running around "soccer".

All I would like to see is that our admins and the higher ups, get together sometime soon and work our way down a list and try to agree.

One by One.

Like; Are warning shots any form of damage, or are they just bullets from primary/secondary? If not, I can warning shot with my knife and a Frag.

As I said, This is 2015, Not 2008.

It's time we all sit down as peers and talk about our server we dedicate so much time too.

#Inbeforesomeonelocksthisthreadandnuclearposts :nuclearonion:

I agree with you, but there's the problem of only being a few admins on, or few admins who don't do what's needed, and I think it's because we gather what information we need until we feel it's enough to take action against it. If we gathered the entire picture, and made completely sure that whatever action we take is backed up entirely without any flaws, the punishment will come later and seem like a random mishap, only causing more confusion in between the kind of player base we have now.

Unless admins were more forthcoming BEFORE taking action. For example, asking the CT to explain why they killed a prisoner if the situation warrants it. In TTT, you always have to have a reason for killing anyone and you have to provide one if asked, why not the same mentality for PB? (not for EVERY kill a CT makes, just the ones that seem questionable).

• Content Count:  11723

Unless admins were more forthcoming BEFORE taking action. For example, asking the CT to explain why they killed a prisoner if the situation warrants it. In TTT, you always have to have a reason for killing anyone and you have to provide one if asked, why not the same mentality for PB? (not for EVERY kill a CT makes, just the ones that seem questionable).

We already do that, If we see someone kill someone in a fashion that does not look right and or the person killed goes "why was I killed"

we question the CT, if they do not reply to us, we slay them.

• Content Count:  623

To understand this you have to understand how PB worked back on CSS. PB is the type of game mode where its damn near impossible to have every rule and situation written down and accounted for. There are simply to many gray areas. You really had to put in the time to learn and understand how to admin on it. Now this makes PB makes PB pretty difficult to admin on which is why we had so few PB dedicated admins but between the ones that we did and all the regular SUPs and MEMs that played, the server was able to function quite well.

Now when SG closed the CSS PB server and switched to CS:GO most of those admins/SUPs/MEMs stop playing because we didn't like CS:GO at the time. As a result the PB population essentially started from scratch.

Now everything beyond this point is purely speculation (because i wasn't active at the time).

The new player base had no way to interpret those gray areas except what was written on the forum(for the ones who checked), whatever we had in !rules at the time, and which ever old SG players actually stuck with CS:GO from the beginning. This caused the server to spiral into the chaos that it was a few months back. It was bad, but still manageable if good admins were on.

Where the server went to complete shit is when we started handing out admin to everyone and their little brothers that made up this new CS:GO population. These newer admins would join the community and within two months of being active would get admin and hop on PB enforcing rules they pretend to know and skewing the way our new regulars interpret the rules.

That my friends, its how im 99% sure our beloved PB went to shit.

TL;DR : The rules never changed, our old regular admins just stopped playing and the new breed of PB players took over and are now admins.

Edited by Pyro

To understand this you have to understand how PB worked back on CSS. PB is the type of game mode where its damn near impossible to have every rule and situation written down and accounted for. There are simply to many gray areas. You really had to put in the time to learn and understand how to admin on it. Now this makes PB makes PB pretty difficult to admin on which is why we had so few PB dedicated admins but between the ones that we did and all the regular SUPs and MEMs that played, the server was able to function quite well.

Now when SG closed the CSS PB server and switched to CS:GO most of those admins/SUPs/MEMs stop playing because we didn't like CS:GO at the time. As a result the PB population essentially started from scratch.

Now everything beyond this point is purely speculation (because i wasn't active at the time).

The new player base had no way to interpret those gray areas except what was written on the forum(for the ones who checked), whatever we had in !rules at the time, and which ever old SG players actually stuck with CS:GO from the beginning. This caused the server to spiral into the chaos that it was a few months back. It was bad, but still manageable if good admins were on.

Where the server went to complete shit is when we started handing out admin to everyone and their little brothers that made up this new CS:GO population. These newer admins would join the community and within two months of being active would get admin and hop on PB enforcing rules they pretend to know and skewing the way our new regulars interpret the rules.

That my friends, its how im 99% sure our beloved PB went to shit.

TL;DR : The rules never changed, our old regular admins just stopped playing and the new breed of PB players took over and are now admins.

I agree with everything you said until the part I highlighted. 'Went to shit' is a very negative way to look at it and it's not fair to lump all newer admins into not knowing how to enforce the rules.

Come on now, our PB server is the 18th most popular server in the world, 6th most popular in the United States, out of 400+ PB servers that exist (all according to Gametracker). If the server was 'complete shit', why are so many players joining the server and sticking around? They're not joining in hopes that the server will someday not be so bad, they are joining because it's fun right now.

I'm not saying there aren't issues, obviously there are, but to put the server in such a negative light is just silly. There are tweaks that need to be made, not giant overhauls.

• Like 1

Reply to Thread

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.