? servers

? players online

CS:GO Jail Break Rules Revamp... Again

• Content Count:  6465

If you guys wish to have a meeting discussing PB's rules and how the regular Admins of PB enforce them, I suggest you mention it to @bethy @Nuclear Onion instead. They are officially in charge of the server, and fully capable of putting on a TS3 meeting to go over these things with you guys. I would be interested in listening in on a meeting as well, should one occur, since I enjoy PB as one of my favorite SG servers.

While I understand you guys all have a voice and an opinion on the server of PB, you should all try to keep in mind that the server was entrusted to Beth and Nuclear Onion to run, they have final decision and say on what happens in their server. While I don't think they would have a problem hearing you guys out, you should not be under the assumption that you guys essentially should help make the rules of the server since you are its regular Admins/crew. That line of thinking is exactly why so many Admins get the rules all mixed up as it is. They all believe they know what is best for the server and how to enforce its rules, and there will always be someone else saying they're wrong. While I won't attempt to say I have my own issues with the rules, I do try to enforce whats written down versus what I feel should be the rule. I'm sure quite a few of us are guilty, including myself, of overstepping their authority and saying how a rule is and end up being wrong about it down the line.

While it is good to discuss and get everyone's opinion and thoughts about an issue, there will always be people in this community that are entrusted to know what best to do with that information, those people for PB are Beth and Nuclear. I just want you all to be aware of this while you are typing out your responses and getting an idea for what you want to say at any potential PB rule meeting. Simply because you believe with all your heart that it's what should be done, doesn't always mean it's the right thing for the server.

• Like 9

• Content Count:  6213

If you guys wish to have a meeting discussing PB's rules and how the regular Admins of PB enforce them, I suggest you mention it to @bethy @Nuclear Onion instead. They are officially in charge of the server, and fully capable of putting on a TS3 meeting to go over these things with you guys. I would be interested in listening in on a meeting as well, should one occur, since I enjoy PB as one of my favorite SG servers.

While I understand you guys all have a voice and an opinion on the server of PB, you should all try to keep in mind that the server was entrusted to Beth and Nuclear Onion to run, they have final decision and say on what happens in their server. While I don't think they would have a problem hearing you guys out, you should not be under the assumption that you guys essentially should help make the rules of the server since you are its regular Admins/crew. That line of thinking is exactly why so many Admins get the rules all mixed up as it is. They all believe they know what is best for the server and how to enforce its rules, and there will always be someone else saying they're wrong. While I won't attempt to say I have my own issues with the rules, I do try to enforce whats written down versus what I feel should be the rule. I'm sure quite a few of us are guilty, including myself, of overstepping their authority and saying how a rule is and end up being wrong about it down the line.

While it is good to discuss and get everyone's opinion and thoughts about an issue, there will always be people in this community that are entrusted to know what best to do with that information, those people for PB are Beth and Nuclear. I just want you all to be aware of this while you are typing out your responses and getting an idea for what you want to say at any potential PB rule meeting. Simply because you believe with all your heart that it's what should be done, doesn't always mean it's the right thing for the server.

^

I do not mind having a meeting, but these meetings turn into everyone meeting so we can all say what we think should be a rule. (Which will turn into a cluster fuck) Do you guys have any idea how long a meeting like that would take with everyone that plays PB? These rules have been mostly the same for a long time. I've been on and off one of the PB AO+ for quite a few years. These threads have always happened, always. There will always be someone questioning something because it is a role playing game mode.

I don't mind going over rules with anyone that asks me. I don't mind having a meeting for people with questions to certain rules so we can clear things up for people who are unsure. I do not think we need to revamp the rules, I think people just need to get all their confusion out so everyone can be on the same page.

• Like 1

• Content Count:  11723

@bethy @Nuclear Onion

In all honesty, I'd simply like us all to talk in a meeting and from what you two hear, make the tweaks and changes you see fit.

At the end of the day, Our current rule set works.

I think we should go down the list of the current rules and Yes/No vote on if they need a tweak or not.

I personally think the only new rule we need is orders at start should always be take one step out and face the back.

None of this panther stuff and jimjam CT's like doing.

As for tweaks, Warning shots are to come from primary assault rifle and side arm, No AWP or Frag.

All Walk-though walls are KOS

All Ct's must be actively playing the role of CT looking over the T's not camping across the map.

• Like 1
Edited by Metal

• Content Count:  2589

I personally think the only new rule we need is orders at start should always be take one step out and face the back.

None of this panther stuff and jimjam CT's like doing.

Less is more. There's no legitimate reason to go out of our way to make a new rule for such a minor issue like that. Once we do that, we open the floodgate of rule requests for every little thing.

I honestly think it is being exaggerated with how long it takes them to give that order. It's not like they are reading off 30-40 different things. Most I usually hear is along the lines of "take one step out, face the back of your cell and freeze. No panther steps, no jump steps, no cell hopping, no crouching, no jumping, no knifing" which all of that is covered under the original order of "one step out and freeze". Regardless it only takes maybe 5-10 seconds to say all that. If they don't say all that, and someone does one of those things, and gets warning shot, just clarify that the order was ONE STEP AND FREEZE anything else is not following the order.

Like I have said a few times already, the solution to that problem isn't adding a new rule (less is more), but reminding the player base what one step out and freeze means and when they cry foul play over getting shot for a panther step, reiterate to them what one step and freeze means.

As for tweaks, Warning shots are to come from primary assault rifle and side arm, No AWP or Frag.

All Walk-though walls are KOS

All Ct's must be actively playing the role of CT looking over the T's not camping across the map.

1) Warning shot. IMO grenade is not a warning shot, as it is a warning grenade. And you don't have as much control over where exactly it goes or how much damage it does. No awp, while not really a rule, is kinda implied since it usually kills the person.

2) Isn't a walk-through wall basically a vent?

3) The rule reads "CT's may camp if it helps their team, but the Last CT must not delay the round". Taken from The stickied thread which basically covers what you said.

Like Pyro said, and as bethy pointed out, the rules for the most part are the same that they've been and there's not really anything wrong with them. It is the enforcment, or lack-thereof, that is the issue.

• Like 1

• Content Count:  11723

Less is more. There's no legitimate reason to go out of our way to make a new rule for such a minor issue like that. Once we do that, we open the floodgate of rule requests for every little thing.

I honestly think it is being exaggerated with how long it takes them to give that order. It's not like they are reading off 30-40 different things. Most I usually hear is along the lines of "take one step out, face the back of your cell and freeze. No panther steps, no jump steps, no cell hopping, no crouching, no jumping, no knifing" which all of that is covered under the original order of "one step out and freeze". Regardless it only takes maybe 5-10 seconds to say all that. If they don't say all that, and someone does one of those things, and gets warning shot, just clarify that the order was ONE STEP AND FREEZE anything else is not following the order.

You don't play there enough, Far to often do we spend a a good part of the round waiting for cell doors to open and for the CT's to give us starting orders. It should be simple, One step out, turn around and freeze. After that, Give an order (Big cage, soccer etc)

Like I have said a few times already, the solution to that problem isn't adding a new rule (less is more), but reminding the player base what one step out and freeze means and when they cry foul play over getting shot for a panther step, reiterate to them what one step and freeze means.

1) Warning shot. IMO grenade is not a warning shot, as it is a warning grenade. And you don't have as much control over where exactly it goes or how much damage it does. No awp, while not really a rule, is kinda implied since it usually kills the person.

No Grenade, period

2) Isn't a walk-through wall basically a vent?

No.

Space_Jail has a speaker with a zeus in it, thats not a vent.

3) The rule reads "CT's may camp if it helps their team, but the Last CT must not delay the round". Taken from The stickied thread which basically covers what you said.

Like Pyro said, and as bethy pointed out, the rules for the most part are the same that they've been and there's not really anything wrong with them. It is the enforcment, or lack-thereof, that is the issue.

Far to often we will see 1-3 Ct's across the map saying KOS Soccer, while the rest of us are in pool with the CT's.

They are just wasting a CT slot.

^

No more replying to this thread for me.

Metal Out.

• Like 1

• Content Count:  2589

@Metal

I don't play there enough? I have over 9 days played (20th overall). Just because I haven't played as much for about a month now, doesn't mean I haven't seen what you and exrev are talking about. Yes, CTs take their time a lot of the time opening cells. There's no official time when to open, but IIRC by 4 was the suggested time. Regardless, if CTs keep taking too long to give orders and open cells, tell them. The problem you're mentioning there isn't the whole "no panther steps, no cell hopping etc.", it's the CTs taking too long to open cells.

Again, there is no reason to go out of the way in the rules to specifically restrict what CTs can order in the opening orders. Like I said, it doesn't take 30-seconds to say "take one step out, face the back of your cell and freeze. No panther steps, no jump steps, no cell hopping, no crouching, no jumping, no knifing". While it is unnecessary and basically them stating the obvious, we don't need to single it out in the rules. Just keep pointing out to CTs that one step out and freeze, covers all of that.

The reason orders like that happen, is because PB follows the old logic of monkey see, monkey do. People saw CTs giving that order, so they started doing it. That's the same reason that the majority of players know the order of "take one step out, face the back and freeze", but don't know why that order is given. So, in theory at least, to counter it, we just have to let the monkey see us do something else. Aka, tell them that they don't have to specify that. And if you are CT, don't give the order. If someone cell hops and complains that you free shot, tell them that you said one step out and freeze. Let me just say it again, since it apparently isn't sticking. We (being the playerbase) need to, as a whole, start and keep reminding everyone else that one step out and freeze, means one step out and freeze. Nothing else.

In regards again to walk-through walls, I recall back in CSS getting killed quite a bit for it. I would still consider it like a vent, but it wouldn't be unreasonable to add onto the rule that walk-through walls count.

Far to often we will see 1-3 Ct's across the map saying KOS Soccer, while the rest of us are in pool with the CT's.

They are just wasting a CT slot.

CT's may camp if it helps their team. If the order is pool, camping and KOS'ing soccer is not helping your team. There is the grey line, however, of "freeday no soccer" and camping soccer. That's a different discussion tho IMO.

Reply to Thread

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.