? servers

? players online

What do you want to do with this map?  

37 members have voted

1. 1. What do you want to do with this map?

• Keep the Current Version
    • Go back to the Old Version
    • Scrap the map altogether

Spy vs Spy, Old or Current?

• Content Count:  2589

Scrap. Both versions are horrible.

Things to do that aren't deathgames:

Old- Big Cage; Climb; Outside (soccer, race)

New- Big Cage; Race, Second floor (Smallest pool ever, shittiest disco ever).

Can we really even count big cage and race as something to do? In fairness to the old version, at least the race changed. But it still sucks.

Things that suck about both maps:

• Lack of things to do
  • For what limited things there are to do, the options suck.
  • Very bland and a bit of an eye sore as 80-90% of the map is gray
  • The stupid vent system that often has someone throwing a smoke grenade on.
  • CT sided thanks to the limited chances to rebel and the layout of the map.

Things that don't suck about both maps:

• The choices for deathgames/LRs is nice, when actually used. Which is rare.
  • Given how autistic bad our CTs usually are, the fact that it is a bit easier to control is nice.

To be specific about both versions:

New version: Copying my response from the removal thread

Lack of things to do, and people not liking the map is a good reason to remove a map...Only better reason would be something like it crashing the server or something.

Plenty to do: Deathcrate; Deathrun; Climb; Jump rope; Breakfloor; Dodgeball; Colors; Wipeout; Pool (very small); Disco; Big Cage; Race (which is small and boring as fuck)= 4 things to do. If you really want to even count big cage as something to do.

There is no etc. That's seriously it.

Some people like it, that is true. But whenever this map is played, I also see people bitching about it. The amount of deathgames is nice, as it gives you something better to do for LRs/Deathgames, but the non deathgame options are really quite boring. Big cage is always boring, pool is very small, disco (sorry @SL4DE ) sucks and race is very small and boring. There is also the fact that the map design is very dull and a bit of an eye sore. It just isn't pleasant to look at. A good 80-90% of the map is grey. There is also the smoke on vent glitch that is a pain to deal with. It is hard to rebel due to the layout of the map as well.

I fully support this map being removed for the reasons above. It's very dull and overall not a fun map to play on T side.

And to end with:

It's the 15th overall played map in regard to time. It also really isn't that new. It was requested and added late December/early January. We removed electric_vip back in November and it is still the 7th most played map. Just because it is played a lot, doesn't hinder its ability to be removed. This map just isn't good unless you like playing CT, as it is easy to control.

Old Version: Every thing I said about the old version still stands for the most part. While this version is slightly better, a polished turd is still a turd. The only real upside to this version in comparison to the new version is the reinstatement of the outside area. And the only real upside there is soccer being readded. Other than that, it's really no different than CTs telling Ts to go to the second floor on the new version. There is also the addition of the Traitor game that some people liked. But for all the time that the old spyvsspy was on the server, I only saw this game played maybe 5 times, if even that much.

All in all, I would much rather see the map removed entirely. I feel like it is one of the worst maps in our rotation. However, if I had to pick one to be added, I prefer the old version.

• Content Count:  5055

Tbh, kind of missing the old map, especially that traitor deathgame, it was pretty fun :(

But at the same time if it's such a problem that you had to go through the process of just making an entire thread about it you might as well just get rid of the map so we don't have to deal with this ever again.

• Content Count:  2238

Tbh, kind of missing the old map, especially that traitor deathgame, it was pretty fun :(

But at the same time if it's such a problem that you had to go through the process of just making an entire thread about it you might as well just get rid of the map so we don't have to deal with this ever again.

old map, because I want to play the traitor deathgame!! But the server is full of shittards and I have only been able to go in once, as a LR D:

• Content Count:  1086

Things that suck about both maps:

• Lack of things to do
  • For what limited things there are to do, the options suck.
  • Very bland and a bit of an eye sore as 80-90% of the map is gray
  • The stupid vent system that often has someone throwing a smoke grenade on.
  • CT sided thanks to the limited chances to rebel and the layout of the map.

I'd argue Spy has about the same amount of things to do as maps like razer.

Also with how small the map is and that there's really no catwalk that makes Ts KOS it's easier to rebel. You can get cornered fairly easy. There's also a teleporter in that little box behind big cage that TPs you to armory or something that's exclusive to Ts only I think. I used it once but don't really know or remember how.

Rest of the things I agree with.

• Content Count:  2589

I'd argue Spy has about the same amount of things to do as maps like razer.

Also with how small the map is and that there's really no catwalk that makes Ts KOS it's easier to rebel. You can get cornered fairly easy. There's also a teleporter in that little box behind big cage that TPs you to armory or something that's exclusive to Ts only I think. I used it once but don't really know or remember how.

Rest of the things I agree with.

Tbh the difference in regards to razer, is its more balanced in that it's much easier to rebel. Everywhere but soccer offers an easy way to rebel, and even that has the vent to kitchen if you're quick enough as well as the glock in the van.

This map is hard to rebel on. The teleporter behind big cage is a one time use. Don't honesty remember if CTs can use it or not. And it just teleports you to the vent which has a gun or Zeus in it depending on the round and if someone already grabbed it or not. The vent does lead to armory, and is also usually camped every round.

Reply to Thread

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.