? servers

? players online

Rocket League Tournament - Discussion Thread

• Content Count:  11723

Jesus Christ this tournament is taking so fucking long I've lost all the practice I put into it at the beginning.

Its funny. Ive seen us all on at the same time plenty of times but us not doing anything.

@Goku

Next time, do it all in a day.

Yeah EU will be up late but we have more NA

• Content Count:  2589

Jesus Christ this tournament is taking so fucking long I've lost all the practice I put into it at the beginning.

This has definitely been a lessons learned type thing. I messed up by assuming people would get their matches done quicker than they've been done. If we do another RL tourny, more work will be put in to account for time zones and getting as many people to play, in as quick of a time as possible.

Its funny. Ive seen us all on at the same time plenty of times but us not doing anything.

@Goku

Next time, do it all in a day.

Yeah EU will be up late but we have more NA

Our match in particular has taken a few days to get setup due to the fact that I have been working a lot of nights the past week which means I get off at 11, which is when Wolfee gets off his computer. We should hopefully get it played tomorrow.

I don't regret not making it a day. And I still don't plan on doing it in one day next time either. The idea of having it spread out over more than a day isn't what went wrong with this tournament. The lack of proper setup on my part is what has made it take this long. I was too focused on just randomizing the teams 100% and throwing them out there to play. Next time more thought needs to, and will be put into accounting for things such as work schedules and time zones. I have a few ideas in my mind on how I think a big rocket league tournament can go a lot smoother, and I will be working on those and talking to people about them sometime in the future.

• Like 4

All day Thurs + Friday. Saturday, maybe the morning to noon. Leaving for vaca around 6.

Tuesday or Wednesday night after 7pm est.

If you two cannot make it, either forfit the match or find a replacement for whoever cannot come at these times.

Neither you or your partner have tried to pick a date or time, pickle and I have been ready for weeks. Please message us if you can play on these days after 7pm est

Its those days or none. Sorry but Im starting night shifts again and wont have time.

Edited by Metal

Tuesday or Wednesday night after 7pm est.

If you two cannot make it, either forfit the match or find a replacement for whoever cannot come at these times.

Neither you or your partner have tried to pick a date or time, pickle and I have been ready for weeks. Please message us if you can play on these days after 7pm est

Its those days or none. Sorry but Im starting night shifts again and wont have time.

Lol okay buddy.

First off, Wolfee already informed me a few days back that he was dropping out. I just haven't informed anyone. I probably should have said something sooner, so I'll take the blame for that one. I have been talking to onion about how I want to go about getting this tournament wrapped up. So please back off of Wolfee's neck when you are not in the place to be doing so.

Secondly, picking a date goes both ways. Neither you nor your partner (since we're apparently not mentioning names) have tried to pick a date. You've just said "I'm available after X time". No one has contacted anyone saying "hey can we do it on this day at about this time".

I fully accept my share of the blame for this tournament not being done sooner. I should have put more work into having set dates or better means of getting games setup. As I already stated, this has been a huge lesson for me and will be taken into account if or when I setup another tournament.

I did make it clear that participants would be responsible for setting up their own games. No one in our game has really gone out of their way to setup a set date until now, so I do not at all appreciate the way you just went about doing this. There are much better ways to word what you said without coming across as a, and to be blunt, jackass.

For example, you could have easily PM'd me on here or messaged me on teamspeak.

I will look into seeing who I can get that will be available at those times when I get home tonight. Regardless, I will handle it if I can't find someone.

While we're at it though, when are you planning on giving away the copies of Rocket League you were going to raffle off?

• Like 1

Lol okay buddy.

First off, Wolfee already informed me a few days back that he was dropping out. I just haven't informed anyone. I probably should have said something sooner, so I'll take the blame for that one. I have been talking to onion about how I want to go about getting this tournament wrapped up. So please back off of Wolfee's neck when you are not in the place to be doing so.

I have talked to him a couple times in chatbox about this, We picked times but they have never been accepted to not.

Secondly, picking a date goes both ways. Neither you nor your partner (since we're apparently not mentioning names) have tried to pick a date. You've just said "I'm available after X time". No one has contacted anyone saying "hey can we do it on this day at about this time".

I have talked to wolfee twice in chatbox about times, sadly both times I have suggested a time I did not get a reply.

I fully accept my share of the blame for this tournament not being done sooner. I should have put more work into having set dates or better means of getting games setup. As I already stated, this has been a huge lesson for me and will be taken into account if or when I setup another tournament.

I did make it clear that participants would be responsible for setting up their own games. No one in our game has really gone out of their way to setup a set date until now, so I do not at all appreciate the way you just went about doing this. There are much better ways to word what you said without coming across as a, and to be blunt, jackass.

Sorry; but what I said shouldn't come off as being a jackass.

I got right to the point.

For example, you could have easily PM'd me on here or messaged me on teamspeak.

Yes I could of, but as you said, its up to the players not you to figure out the matches.

When are you planning on giving away the copies of Rocket League you were going to raffle off?

Once everything is finished.

• Content Count:  4550

I already forgot this tournament existed, hopefully you can figure some better system next time @Goku

I think the "Play by XX day or gtfo" system usually works.

At this point it's been over 6 weeks. @Black Rain @Wolfee @arottenpickle @NoPants I get you guys are busy, or time zones conflict. Just 1v1 or forfeit; it's becoming unfair to people waiting.

I have talked to him a couple times in chatbox about this, We picked times but they have never been accepted to not.

I have talked to wolfee twice in chatbox about times, sadly both times I have suggested a time I did not get a reply.

Sorry; but what I said shouldn't come off as being a jackass.

I got right to the point.

Yes I could of, but as you said, its up to the players not you to figure out the matches.

Once everything is finished.

"Up to the players not you"....I am the player in this situation. You and pickle's next match is against me. Which is why I said you could have PM'd me...

As I said, no one had tried to get a set date and time until now. The closest thing was me asking before in this thread if you three would be able to play that coming weekend and nothing came of it. Chat box is not a reliable method of setting things up since you have no way of knowing if someone saw it considering they would have changed tabs or stepped away and people kept talking.

If you can't see how your post can come across in a jackass manner, that's your problem. It's possible to "get to the point" without coming across rudely.

I think the "Play by XX day or gtfo" system usually works.

At this point it's been over 6 weeks. @Black Rain @Wolfee @arottenpickle @NoPants I get you guys are busy, or time zones conflict. Just 1v1 or forfeit; it's becoming unfair to people waiting.

The "play by X" is one of a few changes i have in mind for any future tournaments. Another one is adding a third member to each team while keeping it 2v2, that way it's easier to get the proper 4 on. More thought and work will be put into that when the time comes.

As for forfeiting, that's what I've been mulling on with onion the past few days. When I get home tonight I'll message every remaining participant to see if they want to get a date setup ASAP or if they want to just forfeit out.

Edited by Goku

Reply to Thread