? servers

? players online

Rocket League Tournament - Discussion Thread

• Content Count:  4550

I feel like this whole scheduling the match ourselves thing is just making things delayed. Honestly I feel this would go so much smoother if we could all just agree to be online between x hour and y hour on z day. I know we're all busy at one point or another but if you can't commit then why'd you even enter the tournament? I also get that with time zones it's difficult, but if you're from the EU you understood this before you agreed to play, and I'm no exception. I stay on late to try and get the game played if I have to. If you can't be online after a certain time, you just should consider if the game is even possible. This is an NA community after all and you can't really blame them for not being on early enough (although there does have to be some consolidation both ways too).

Additionally, get on TS if you're available. I can't stress enough how much easier it is to get games organised when you're contactable on TS, rather than having to constantly check steam to see if you're set to 'away' or offline all the time to then just have your time wasted.

• Like 3
Edited by Spartan

• Content Count:  2589

I feel like this whole scheduling the match ourselves thing is just making things delayed. Honestly I feel this would go so much smoother if we could all just agree to be online between x hour and y hour on z day. I know we're all busy at one point or another but if you can't commit then why'd you even enter the tournament? I also get that with time zones it's difficult, but if you're from the EU you understood this before you agreed to play, and I'm no exception. I stay on late to try and get the game played if I have to. If you can't be online after a certain time, you just should consider if the game is even possible. This is an NA community after all and you can't really blame them for not being on early enough (although there does have to be some consolidation both ways too).

Additionally, get on TS if you're available. I can't stress enough how much easier it is to get games organised when you're contactable on TS, rather than having to constantly check steam to see if you're set to 'away' or offline all the time to then just have your time wasted.

The theory behind having people schedule their own matches was I thought people would take more incentive to get things done. Rather than limiting the tournament to one set day, I thought we would get more people playing, and things would be going faster than they are now. Tomorrow marks 2 weeks since I started the tournament. Can not honestly say I'm not a tad bit disappointed that people haven't played more matches yet. A full match will take maybe 30 minutes to play.

That being said, scheduling a set date to play more matches is something I have been thinking of lately. I'm still not sure how exactly to go about that, but another thread specifically for that with a poll is one option. I'm also going to start talking more to each matchup group and start trying to get a set date ASAP from each of them. I have been occasionally messaging or tagging them, but it's growing apparent that I will have to be more forceful so to speak.

If it is any consultation, I've already taken a few mental notes on how to better handle any future events like this. Such as getting a list from each player on what time zone they live in, and what days are best for them to play. Then taking that info, and tailoring teams and match-ups as best and fairly as possible.

• Content Count:  11723

The theory behind having people schedule their own matches was I thought people would take more incentive to get things done. Rather than limiting the tournament to one set day, I thought we would get more people playing, and things would be going faster than they are now. Tomorrow marks 2 weeks since I started the tournament. Can not honestly say I'm not a tad bit disappointed that people haven't played more matches yet. A full match will take maybe 30 minutes to play.

That being said, scheduling a set date to play more matches is something I have been thinking of lately. I'm still not sure how exactly to go about that, but another thread specifically for that with a poll is one option. I'm also going to start talking more to each matchup group and start trying to get a set date ASAP from each of them. I have been occasionally messaging or tagging them, but it's growing apparent that I will have to be more forceful so to speak.

If it is any consultation, I've already taken a few mental notes on how to better handle any future events like this. Such as getting a list from each player on what time zone they live in, and what days are best for them to play. Then taking that info, and tailoring teams and match-ups as best and fairly as possible.

Saturday May 14th, @ 6pm or 7pm EST.

=) Plox

Reply to Thread