? servers

? players online

Dropping a pistol and picking it back up

• Content Count:  5674

the CT never said to stop facing the back did he?

I mean.. the CT never said pick the gun back up did he?

Either way this is stupid, it should be implied that you shouldn't pick the pistol back up if the CT's point of making you drop it is for you to not have it.

• Like 2

• Content Count:  1421

I mean.. the CT never said pick the gun back up did he?

Either way this is stupid, it should be implied that you shouldn't pick the pistol back up if the CT's point of making you drop it is for you to not have it.

I agree with you, but this just simply never has been implied. I wish it was tho

• Content Count:  2589

Different things are implied with different orders. The jump step and cell hop is implied with one step out face the back and freeze, no detouring or delaying is implied with Go to soccer or go to pool. This is different with pistols, it has always been something everyone wouldn't kill for, this has never been implied and no one ever says it's implied. If the T drops the gun after you say drop the gun he is following your order perfectly. If someone says take one step out face the back but then after one second dosent face the back he isnt following the order perfectly, the CT never said to stop facing the back did he?

If you don't want the T to pick the gun back up then just tell him, is it really that hard to say a few extra words so everything is clear cut?

The only reason im saying all of this is becuase everything in Pb has to be clear cut for everyone so they dont scream freekill and then spout some technical bullshit that dosent matter. If everyone was chill and used logic in the server this wouldnt be a problem.

How do you figure that "jump step, cell hop etc" is implied with one step, but don't pick up the gun that I just told drop, isn't? If a CT tells you to go to pool, you don't go to pool, go "oh well I went to pool like he said, guess I can go to soccer now".

CTs do not have to say "All Ts go to pool and stay at pool". Why would they have to specifically say "drop the gun and don't pick it back up". If you think for even one second about this, it isn't hard to figure out. It requires more thinking to go "oh well, he told me to drop this gun, but he didn't say to not pick it back up".

Like I said, people have a seriously bad habit of trying to get smart with the orders given, then getting upset when they get busted for it. If you're going to roll the dice, don't be upset when you lose.

Like I've said at least 3 or 4 times the past few days, we don't need a 1,000 page book of rules describing every tiny thing that some kid will think of. Because soon you'll need volume 2 and 3 and so on, and the game becomes unplayable and unenjoyable.

Isn't it general rule that ts are not supposed to have guns? So picking it up is already off limits even if not stated by CT's. (You don't need to have "no armory" rule every round because it is automaticly off limits)

Ts are not supposed to have guns. However if it is a secondary, the CT has to tell the T to drop it. Which is why it makes no sense why if a CT tells the T to drop a pistol, that a T can pick it right back up and not be shot for it.

• Like 2

• Content Count:  2262

Ts are not supposed to have guns. However if it is a secondary, the CT has to tell the T to drop it. Which is why it makes no sense why if a CT tells the T to drop a pistol, that a T can pick it right back up and not be shot for it.

I do agreed on Ts get shoot for picking up the pistol, but if another T pick it back up it depends.

"drop your pistol and don't pick it up"

Terrorist A drop it and picked it back up > deserved for a shot

"drop your pistol"

Terrorist A drop it and picked it back up > still deserved for a shot

"drop your pistol" "no one pick that gun up"

Terrorist A drop it and Terrorist B picked it back up > Terrorist B deserved for a shot.

If we are going for the direction of "YOU NEVER SAID DON'T PICK IT UP" or CT only said "drop it" not "don't pick it up", you can go make the law book of "because ct never said x so they can do it". Warning shots are meant for CT if T disobey the orders. If we have to said every situational order, every order will be "All Ts go to X, stay on pitch, do not pick up any guns, drop it if you have it, and don't pick it up again"

If someone says take one step out face the back but then after one second dosent face the back he isnt following the order perfectly, the CT never said to stop facing the back did he?

If you don't want the T to pick the gun back up then just tell him, is it really that hard to say a few extra words so everything is clear cut?

Like i said, if CT have to said something like "one step out, face the back, no cell hopping, don't stop facing the back" for every order that will took longer plus the Ts is yelling in mics and they will say they got shot for nothing because "i didn't heard the order" or "you can't do that, you can't tell us to off mic".....

I totally forgot common sense doesn't exist in PB anymore

Edited by BlackWhite

• Content Count:  3740

Situation I encountered:

CT: Drop the pistol

-The T drops the pistol and picks it back up-

-The CT shoots the T-

T: Freeshot! Freeshot!

Once a T drops the pistol as they were ordered to, are they allowed to pick it back up? Or does the CT have to say "Don't pick it back up."

I see this happen way too many times and the CTs are always confused on how to act.

The CT shoots the T as in it's a single warning shot or was it shoot-to-kill?

• Content Count:  3740

So in the JB rules clarifications thread:

Circumstances that require warning shots include:

Detouring (Example: Running around big cage when told to go inside big cage)

Delaying (Example: Standing inside cell when told to run to big cage 5 seconds ago)

Having a holstered secondary weapon (pistol/zeus) after being asked to drop it (in the case of zeus, waste a shot)

The prisoner was told to drop the pistol, which he did. By picking it back up, the prisoner is negating the previous CT command to drop the pistol because when a CT says drop the pistol, it's already implied that the CT wants the pistol to stay dropped (that should be obvious). Therefore, a warning shot is necessary in this scenario.

Overall, the CT was right and the prisoner is a crybaby.

• Like 9

• Content Count:  1421

So in the JB rules clarifications thread:

The prisoner was told to drop the pistol, which he did. By picking it back up, the prisoner is negating the previous CT command to drop the pistol because when a CT says drop the pistol, it's already implied that the CT wants the pistol to stay dropped (that should be obvious). Therefore, a warning shot is necessary in this scenario.

Overall, the CT was right and the prisoner is a crybaby.

Looks like I dun fucked up sorry everyone :3

• Content Count:  6465

Anyone who does a loophole that sounds like something a 3 year old would do to be an asshat to their parents deserves to be killed in PB. Stupid shit like this is why people stop playing PB if it was allowed.

We're not going to write a bible on how to play PB, certain things come down to common sense and if common sense says, "You probably can't do that", just go off that assumption and warning shot/kill them.

• Like 7

Reply to Thread

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.