? servers

? players online

Who Got Banned and Why

• Content Count:  3150

Polarzz has been banned for 6 months for being disruptive to the community while arguing with mods on the forums. This on top of using homophobic slurs on the servers after already being demoted some time ago for in fact: being homophobic. Now it's up to the individual to prove they are or are not a certain way, however in polarzz case we have evidence of him being clearly homophobic here and elsewhere on top of saying homophobic slurs on our platform(s). All that aside, this ban was issued based on a new rule regarding being disruptive to the community. Polarzz stated very clearly that he doesn't care about the community or anyone here and was only here to disrupt a community he says he is no longer apart of. Cya champ. Good luck with the homophobia.

• Like 30

• Content Count:  5674

Steel_ has been banned for 2 weeks across all of our platforms for general unwanted behavior / being a nuisance. He has repeatedly lashed out at higher ups and caused trouble in our Discord, in addition to making a couple posts on our forum that he knew went against the rules in which the only intention was to troll. This behavior has continued even after getting his Honorable Gamer rank removed for the exact same reason, meaning he's clearly not getting the message. We hope that this will get the point across that this behavior is unacceptable and must come to an end.

• Like 29

Hey everyone,

This has actually been delayed quite heavily, but Gumline has been permanently banned. We were originally going to ban him a few weeks back, following his continuous poor behavior on our forums and our servers. However, the discussion concluded and after a few days passed, he had disappeared for a bit. We still had intentions to ban him, but that coupled with the entire Board becoming extremely busy all at once + the forum downtime, it never came to fruition. But he recently started up again in the Shoutbox and we've decided to pull the trigger on it.

Gumline has an immense history here for those that don't know. He's been permanently banned twice previously, with many, many infractions along the way. I've personally been apart of way too many discussions to count about him, and despite it all, I think he's hilarious and fun to play with. However, his behavior (specifically in our Shoutbox) recently is terrible for the atmosphere we're trying to promote and does absolutely no good for us especially in the current state we're in. It's unfortunate that he has all of a sudden popped back up at SG with such a fiery hatred for the community and the Board, but he isn't a special case by any means.

It is quite the fall from grace in comparison to the actual decent version of Gumline that used to administrate Jailbreak, but being bitter due to old age catches up to all of us. (and male pattern baldness)

• Like 21

I just want to say, whether you believe it or not, it brings me absolutely zero pleasure having to do this. However, the Board (excluding Caution) has unanimously voted to permanently ban Creten, Steel, and Phoenix. It actually vaguely relates to the above post where we banned Gumline, with the basis of the decision being that the behavior of these individuals harms our community by completely ruining the atmosphere we try to promote everyday. I don't think this comes as a surprise to virtually anyone, as Creten and Steel spend an immense amount of their days in the general chat of our Discord trolling. These two both have a history behind them, with Steel in particular coming off of a permanent ban not too long ago. 

This discussion originally started in the AO section, and the intention was for it to end with an AO vote. However, halfway through our discussion it became intensely clear that someone had leaked the discussion to Creten, Steel, and others. Anyone can easily see this by scrolling through general chat from the last 48 hours and seeing them tag us and call for bans on people. It came to our attention that Phoenix was telling them what was going on, and directly quoting things that I specifically had said. It has unfortunately become all too normal for things to get leaked from higher up sections, perhaps because of the state of the community or perhaps it just got lost in translation over the years. But we have absolutely zero tolerance for it - as a higher up it is the easiest yet most important thing you need to do; not give out information.

It's all good and well that these individuals are somewhat active in our community, but we'd rather have no community than to see this amazing community's legacy end as one that was riddled with toxicity. Our community has been around for 16 years and at no point was it allowed to devolve into something not worth fighting for, nor were rules ever cast to the side. Discord has quickly become one of the most important assets for any company, community, influencer, so on and so forth, and we stand no chance at growing it in any significant way when all new members are met with this ridiculous behavior in the main chatroom, sometimes aimed directly at them. We simply can't afford to put up with it any longer, nor do we want to - we're all extremely tired of these discussions and want to focus more on the community itself.

Like I said already, it actually upsets me having to do this. I have pretty vivid memories with a couple of these dudes spanning years, and more with others that are towing the line, and I'd prefer to not ban anyone. But the members of the Board are acting as objectively as we possibly can and making the decisions we genuinely think are best for the community, and I'd hope there's no doubt about that.

• Like 26

Arctic and Jmcdon7 / The Don / Bondairy / Jmac / whatever you want to call him have both been banned permanently off all platforms for, essentially, the same reasons as the above two posts. We're completely over the constant trolling in our Discord and we'll keep proving how done with it we are if reasons to ban people keep getting thrown into our faces.

The Board wants to make it clear that moving forward, punishments will be harsher for all malicious trolling - especially when it comes to Discord and especially if you have a history of mutes, kicks, bans, etc. We reserve the right to alter the way we handle these things on a whim, however currently we're leaning towards a no tolerance policy for this type of behavior.

• Like 18

BoM... a tale as old as time.. or as old as him. (get it because he's old)

Let's go back in time. When BoM first returned to the community 3 years ago, he skyrocketed up the ranks. Largely due to me arguing for it each and every time.. him to CA, him to Marketing Manager and IA, him to lead IA, and then when I resigned from BD one of my last messages was that I thought BoM should replace me. I was continuously reminded of his past, where he was demoted from AO for being disrespectful and left in a fit of rage.. seemingly identical to the way he left a year ago.

A year ago I reached out to BoM and offered my help as an AO for Jailbreak. He spent weeks in my DMs acting like my best friend, ranting about the Board and claiming that Black Rain was the one holding my promotion back. Fast forward some time, and Caution offers me an AO spot in a public Jailbreak thread. I was confused by this, so I DM'd him and told him I had reached out to his Board weeks ago and offered my help. Turns out, BoM resigned because he was extremely adamant that I not come back as AO, and threw a hissy fit towards Caution. 

5eca7cbaa4ce0325b51395d8c1fee442.png

From the BD channel.

57a8b67251ed8ea82918268783f528d4.png

Caution's DM to BoM.

Since then, BoM has done nothing but act like a bitter ex-girlfriend (a childish bitter ex-girlfriend) and trash talk the community both privately and publicly. Recently, a member made a post about missing the community to which BoM responded 'Holy shit I don't care'. As an LG, and honestly just as a normal community member.. that's weird as fuck. With BoM's past attitude we decided it was best to just remove him from the role, given he was a previous BD as well and a warning didn't seem called for. He then sent Hawks a mile long message about the demotion, to which he ended with this:

I can tell you I am rather done with this place, so I don't particularly care one way or another on Legend. I already left the discord because it's rather dead, same with forums. A good way to keep me away is to jump on a one line satirical post though so that's solid I guess. Good looks.

Do what you will boys. No skin off my back tbh.

However, these two items were from today:

9ead9cd7a6809f36ac13578895b29c72.png

8b8ac03b58786c6808a218d6f3b490e9.png

So if the 5 paragraphs he wrote before that quote wasn't enough for us to infer it on our own, it's pretty obvious from this that he's not 'rather done with this place' and that jumping on that one line satirical post wasn't a good enough way to keep him away. Banning him will, legitimately, be no skin off of our backs though.. because the most BoM ever did for this place was use the forums as writing practice for the novels I'm sure he'll be writing after he loses his job when his boss discovers 90% of his screen time is spent prowling on the Steam-Gamers forum typing big mean messages that we cry about at night.

BoM is not the first overgrown child to develop a massive, everlasting hate boner for me, a teenage child on the internet - so this is not my first rodeo. I truly wish BoM all the best, and I hope things start looking up for him in life and that he develops some sort of hobby or acquires some semblance of a friend group to spend his days with and that soon enough SG will be a distant memory for him. Steam-Gamers has done all it can for you, old man. Good luck with everything. 

• Like 21

Reply to Thread