? servers

? players online

Player Complaints

• Content Count:  1403

If someone could please explain to me how to record and access a demo so I can start adding player complaints due to the fact that sometimes admins are not able to be there and I would like to start helping the community out.

• Content Count:  5055

Read this guide since I think it's the most detailed one we have on making demos and such. There are other similar guides if you look at the stickied threads in the player complaints section.

Also for the .dem file you get after recording in order for us CA+ to access the demo upload the file to a file sharing site like mediafire or mega.

• Like 1
Edited by Leon Mordecai

• Content Count:  1468

I would advise you just to use plays.tv. It automatically records all your games and it's very easy edit.

I don't. Editing is bad. We need full footage of the round to have a valid conclusion on most things. If you over-edit things, you might cut out important info that means we can't do anything about the situation. Whilst you may record for like 10 minutes, you can tell us the ticks of where stuff happens. I'd rather this than editing to it, so please use demos.

• Content Count:  1193

I don't. Editing is bad. We need full footage of the round to have a valid conclusion on most things. If you over-edit things, you might cut out important info that means we can't do anything about the situation. Whilst you may record for like 10 minutes, you can tell us the ticks of where stuff happens. I'd rather this than editing to it, so please use demos.

Well yea. You don't HAVE to edit it. But there is an option to. Demos are just too confusing to me. I don't know how to edit them at all, I don't know how to convert them, and they are just too much to work with for one or two RDMs. With plays.tv you can just click the game you were in, zoom to the point where it happened and click upload.

• Content Count:  6759

I would advise you just to use plays.tv. It automatically records all your games and it's very easy edit.

Like Stunning said, we highly advise everyone to use in-game demos over every other recording method because people can easily alter evidence or skip over important details that players don't catch. It's happened a few times in the past so we prefer actual demos.

Well yea. You don't HAVE to edit it. But there is an option to. Demos are just too confusing to me. I don't know how to edit them at all, I don't know how to convert them, and they are just too much to work with for one or two RDMs. With plays.tv you can just click the game you were in, zoom to the point where it happened and click upload.

You're not required to convert demos. You just need to upload them from your csgo file to any uploader and link it. The rest is for a CA+ to worry about lol. Also people still edit even if they are told don't.

• Like 3
Edited by Black Rain

• Content Count:  2230

Luke Stunning said, we highly advise everyone to use in-game demos over every other recording method because people can easily alter evidence or skip over important details that players don't catch. It's happened a few times in the past so we prefer actual demos.

Thanks for letting me know

• Content Count:  1193

Luke Stunning said, we highly advise everyone to use in-game demos over every other recording method because people can easily alter evidence or skip over important details that players don't catch. It's happened a few times in the past so we prefer actual demos.

You're not required to convert demos. You just need to upload them from your csgo file to any uploader and link it. The rest is for a CA+ to worry about lol. Also people still edit even if they are told don't.

In that case, is it ok if I still use plays.tv to report players? Even if I don't edit them? I still find it much easier.

• Content Count:  2589

Luke Stunning said...

I refuse to believe this was an accident.

they are just too much to work with for one or two RDMs

Yeah but you guys shouldn't be making complaints over one or two RDMs unless its something like mass freekill. We don't like banning people based on one small RDM. For example if you're on PB and a guy freekills you once, its kinda bullshit to ban him off of that 10 second clip that shows him freekilling once. If its an ongoing issue that's one thing, but we discourage people from making complaints on small isolated incidents. Plays.tv is nice if you aren't recording and something big happens, but demo is always the preferred method.

Edit: Was replying to a message on reddit while typing this. To answer your second post, yes you can still report with plays.tv or youtube. But we highly encourage and ask for demos as they are by far better on our end.

• Like 2
Edited by Goku

Reply to Thread