? servers

? players online

WARNING: Don't Trust People.

• Content Count:  4441

Nah, of course I deserved it 100%. But the guy who got my knife didn't deserve it either. I just want to put the message out there for others to know. I know I wont be the only one to fall for it, especially if they might be targeting some players in SG. I've learned from my mistake.

I would seriously hope that other regulars within our community wouldn't purposefully assist in what is actually the epitome fraud. I seriously am disappointed as fuck that you would knowingly assist someone in doing that. To be honest anyone who is knowingly going to screw others out of money should have this happen to them and learn a valuable fucking lesson. I appreciate you warning people and all but Jesus Christ cmon man.

• Content Count:  1468

I'm gunna be "that" guy and call anyone stupid for falling for scams at this point. When they first started happening - sure, there's no info on the subject and it's easy to get caught.

The amount of information, news, etc on the internet dealing with CS:GO scammers is fucking unbelievable. Yet you still get scammed? I just don't understand to be honest. It's so obvious what is going to happen. It's all illegal and it's all blatantly fake.

Don't get good skins if you're beyond gullible and stupid.

I had a friend who used to scam. He actually made hundreds, and after every scam I asked him how he did it, and he'd tell me the most obvious and avoidable shit I've ever heard. It's disgraceful you can get fooled by this, learn from hundreds to thousands of other people who have fell for the same shit as you and just don't do it.

I have tried to be scammed before, in case you ask. The Steam Wallet scam was what I believe was used, and I knew from the start what it was going to turn into. Didn't accept it, rejected him straight up, and it's really obvious. Sorry if you feel this is harsh, but you are rather stupid for falling this.

• Like 14

• Content Count:  2589

I'm gunna be "that" guy and call anyone stupid for falling for scams at this point. When they first started happening - sure, there's no info on the subject and it's easy to get caught.

The amount of information, news, etc on the internet dealing with CS:GO scammers is fucking unbelievable. Yet you still get scammed? I just don't understand to be honest. It's so obvious what is going to happen. It's all illegal and it's all blatantly fake.

Don't get good skins if you're beyond gullible and stupid.

I had a friend who used to scam. He actually made hundreds, and after every scam I asked him how he did it, and he'd tell me the most obvious and avoidable shit I've ever heard. It's disgraceful you can get fooled by this, learn from hundreds to thousands of other people who have fell for the same shit as you and just don't do it.

I have tried to be scammed before, in case you ask. The Steam Wallet scam was what I believe was used, and I knew from the start what it was going to turn into. Didn't accept it, rejected him straight up, and it's really obvious. Sorry if you feel this is harsh, but you are rather stupid for falling this.

Thank fuck someone else said it so I didn't have to be that mean AO calling someone stupid :larry:

• Like 1

• Content Count:  1612

Thank fuck someone else said it so I didn't have to be that mean AO calling someone stupid :larry:

Then I will.

Not because of the fact that you lost your skins in a scam, but because you thought you could gain profit out of committing fraud, which is a straight up felony. Not only were you okay with that fact that you were breaking the law, but you were just fine with the fact of, literally, scamming other players of their skins.

"..b-b-but Slade! They already knew the risks of losing their skins by gambling them!"

I don't give a fuck what other people do with their skins, if people want to risk for gain, by all means do it. But when you are straight up stealing from people by tilting the odds in your favor, that's fucked up. It isn't about the fact you got scammed, but the fact that you we're willing to indulge in shady and illegal business practices, and possibly land yourself in prison breaking the law with for virtual items.

I cannot comprehend your actions.

• Like 3

• Content Count:  1193

I admit what I did was wrong. As I said before. Looking back, I regret the decision I made. It was big mistake, not only because I lost my skins. What I was agreeing to was no better than the guy scamming me, I understand that now, and to be honest, I'm glad it turned out as it did so that I could realize what I almost did. Thank God nobody else's skins were actually taken and it was all fake. I made this post to warn others not make the mistake I made and to watch for other suspicious people.

I'm only human, I fucked up and learned from it.

@Goku @Stunningjam

EDIT: Also, I knew what I was doing was wrong on a lot of levels. Had I known that was considered an actual felony (hell, I shoulda thought it through when it happened.) , it would never have crossed my mind. I'm sorry I made a dumb, immature decision. I paid the price for it and will do nothing of the sorts again. @SL4DE , @All Ts

• Like 1
Edited by Cam

• Content Count:  3462

Brings me back to the days when I played Madden 13 MUT on Xbox 360. Essentially, it's card collecting in football, but you get to use said cards as your players. This guy offered to give me a legendary player (showing me exactly who he was and all, proof he had said card too) if I bought his very overpriced card (not the same card*) for like 30k (a lot for people who don't pay to win) and the guy unfriended me right after I bought the item. Not my proudest moment in life I'll admit :/

Edited by Nuclear Onion

• Content Count:  2262

This is why trading virtual item is so important that you DO RESEARCH AND DON'T TRUST EVERYONE. I once trying to sell my knife and every single pm was scam or with middle man. I put them on hold so i can do some background check.

Beside, if a valve employee say he would ban me for trading, i would just use another account even if it's true. Just like you guys with Vac ban alts

By the way, why didnt you attempt to ask people in here. I am pretty sure the admins or staffs are more trustworthy than some website "admin"(hacker) that rig winning.

Edited by BlackWhite

• Content Count:  2730

This is how I was scammed that one time long ago. Now I look into them before I do anything else.

• Content Count:  1719

I remember I got scammed for a butterfly-knife that I opened myself back when csgolounge was new and the butterflies had just came out as well.

It sucked.

The guy I traded with used a trick that made it seem like I was sent money on paypal, but in reality it was just a reciept or something like that. A request for sending money, and not an actual transaction. Me being a stupid little kid fell for it and paid the price of a knife.

EDIT:

Now about all of this "You deserved it talk" I can totally see my a little-younger self do this and not think about the fact that online-gambling affects other people. I wouldn't go as far as marking Cam as an asshole, and giving him a hard time in the future because of this. If someone were to come up to me and tell me the fact that "dude, remember that what you are doing right now is stealing" and made me think about it that way I would absolutely not have done it, and I would understand if that's what happened to Cam during this. I'm not saying that I would fall for this trick at is it widely known about. And if someone were to up add me on steam me telling me "oh I'm an admin on a gambling site" as their first message, then that's shady by nature, and I'd probably just block them.

I understand that what Cam did totally is against the law and is absolutely not right. But put yourself in his shoes. Think about how stupid you were when you were younger. You often don't fully think through what you do, and I understand that as I often am very bad at thinking things through, especially when I talk. I rarely ever think before I talk, which has kicked me in the ass pretty hard a lot of times.

Anyway, hope someone got something about my little share :p

tl;dr - in case my paragraph made no sense, which it often doesn't.

I wouldn't give Cam a hard time about this in the future. He's still young, makes mistakes and doesn't think things fully through, which is something I can relate heavily to.

• Like 2
Edited by Post

Reply to Thread