? servers

? players online

Changes coming to Jail Break

• Content Count:  422

JUST MY OPINIONS BEFORE ANYONE CRITICIZES ME OR BASHES ME. I AM TRYING TO SPEAK FOR MOST OF THE JB COMMUNITY!!!

1) Special Orders--- I think this is a great idea, since it does in fact, cause a lot of mayhem. I have seen countless times where one or two Ts are shot, or killed for listening to a special order, Considering you can still send people to isolation as a form of punishment is smart as well. Good job SG staff.

2) T orders--- I personally think this is a good idea too. I know I'm known for giving a lot of T orders and some people get annoyed at that sometimes, but hopefully that changes that. I have been one tapped, warning-shotted, sprayed down countless times for giving and/or following T orders (well deserved for the "giving" one). Hopefully this fixes the confusion and mayhem of that.

3) Start of round mute--- Pretty self explanatory. I don't care about this one.

4) CT bullet markers--- "This was brought up by Dominic and Liam Brown". Good shit from you two guys. This a pretty straight forward one, and should be implemented as soon as possible. GREAT IDEA :) !!!!

5) Deathgames and LRs--- Since, this is the big one, I hope people take my opinion open-minded. The forced LRs one is probably the most important one that I have been waiting for. This really quickens up the round and stops the delaying in the round. I wish this had been implemented 4 months ago. However, I think it should be more clear, as in how many Ts can be alive until LRs need to be forced. Forced Deathgames, I am skeptical on. I think the idea of it being used to touch more of the maps deathgames is a great idea. But, as it says in the original post "Now, a concern already voiced is that its going to be CTs doing nothing but deathgames.", that needs to be watched closely. I'm don't want to go to in-depth with this one because my fingers are hurting from typing this much and my stance on this should be pretty clear.

6)More player slots--- As it doesn't seem VERY important, it kind of is since it can boost your popularity slightly. I really hope you FOR SURE implement this.

I hope you read this all with open minds and if you want to criticize me on my points, give me reasons.

• Like 1
Edited by Christinho

• Content Count:  2589

I got to say.. reading what @ExRev said I'm inclined to agree with him.

I feel like the PB regulars are going to react pretty fucking badly to this and considering PB is built off of our regulars and not a steady flow of new players we should tread lightly making big impulsive changes.

Prison Break as it stands right now is doing really well, the only serious issue with it in my opinion is a lack of admins which some may attribute to a "chaotic" atmosphere but I honestly see that as absolute bullshit. I've played on PB nearly everyday for the past 2 months and it is nothing unmanageable once you get used to it. The cause of the servers "chaotic" atmosphere in my opinion is largely due to incredibly inactive or nonexistent PB admins and to be honest I don't see these changes convincing many if any at all admins from playing the server. I've said this on multiple occasions recently even before this thread or changes to PB were brought up but, PB players more than often are pretty much managing and administrating the server by player complaints, calling admins, etc.. We don't have the luxury of TTT where we have 4-5 SA+ on at once.

I understand that these changes MIGHT make PB bigger/better and any rational person can but, the truth is that PB as a server is basically run by and largely inhabited by young angsty kids who aren't gonna wanna wait 2 weeks & will basically cite these changes as the "PB downfall". I strongly suggest adding my suggested LR and Death game changes (the rest of them I agree with completely) and if there is no awful apocalyptic toddler rebellion then can always remove or tinker with wording/rules.

And again, any change to anything ever is going to take a period to react. If we had some form of beta server to test these changes on, I'd do it there. We don't, which means the only way to truly know how any of these changes plays out, is to give it time to show the problems and then we react to that.

From what I've seen so far there's mixed reviews to the proposed changes. It's entirely possible we don't see many forced deathgames at first due to it not being in the blood of our regs. It's also completely possible we see a lot, or even just a little. We don't know till we let them naturally form.

PB doing well is the exact impression I was under, so while people may have proposed these changes thinking PB was dying, just know my approach to it was under the mindset that it isn't. I feel like as the exact rules around forced deathgames are formed, which can only be done after seeing how it all plays out, we will be able to continue that same success while still pulling in both old and new players with these changes. As it currently stands, PB is usually a broken record with very little actually happening. These changes still allow that broken record to happen, but opens up more possibilities for some new records to get their fair share of air time.

Just want to point out that just because something can happen, doesn't mean it will. So just because these changes will allow forced LRs and deathgames, doesn't mean that every CT will suddenly start doing it.

Bottom line is, as PB currently stands there's not much room for growth. I believe that this change in the long run will do more good than bad. Is it entirely possible the first week is a bit rough until the kinks are worked out? Of course it is. But I do plan on trying to be there as much as I can first hand to help with that transition. And as I've said already, the only way to work out these kinks is to let the problems form first. I could start off restricting the shit out of these new rules, but I believe it's more beneficial to give more freedom to the mode and make adjustments as we go.

And if it's any help, do know that these changes can be reversed if it proves to do more harm than good. But we need to give them the chance to blossom for cutting the roots.

JB Server Revamp Proposal 1.2

• Removal of special orders (meaning no more "All Ts go to pool, Dominic go to soccer" or "All Ts go to pool, Dominic you can be my pet").
  • Removal of T orders. CTs may issue a warning shot to a T for trying to issue an order, and admins may also warn and mute any T that continually does it.
  • Increase T start of round mute time to 45 seconds (Already in effect)
  • Introduction of CT bullet markers.
  • Introduction of forced LRs. CTs can not begin forcing LRs until there are only 4 Ts remaining. Ts are still allowed to choose their own LR, but if a T absolutely refuses to choose one, he may be killed. All previous LR rules are still in place, meaning a T can not ask for have a freeday till the round expires.
  • Introduction of forced deathgames. CTs can not force the same deathgame round after round, and can not force Ts to play a deathgame in which a CT has 100% freedom to decide who lives and dies (such as "whats for dinner").
    Deathgames such as First Reaction, Last Reaction or Simon Says are allowed to be forced, though the possibility of restricting these games is entirely possible and is pending feedback from how the server handles this new rule. A future rule addition stating that CTs may only force map-made deathgames, is entirely possible and will be considered after some testing..
  • Temporary introduction of 4 player slots. Set the new ideal ratio from 9/15, to 10/18.
  • Introduction of

Really the only change here from 1.1 to 1.2 is setting some restrictions ahead of time. Notably setting that CTs can not force LRs till 4 ts are left, although it very well could be changed to 3 if 4 proves to be too much of an issue.

The other restriction set is specifically stating that CTs can not do the same deathgames, and that they can't forced shit like whats for dinner. I will say that depending how things go, it is very very likely that I add some restriction stating that CTs can only force map-made deathgames, meaning games like jump rope, colors, some climbs etc. Main thing here is I can see some CT trying to force an 18 man simon says or first reaction last reaction. And to give @All Ts credit, thinking to myself now and realizing that there is a chance of 18 Ts, it might be possible that it is set that you can only force deathgames with say 10 Ts left. Again, this is pending how these rules playout in the first place. Some deathgames might work just fine with 18 Ts, but shit like simon says is just begging for trouble.

I'm working 10-6 EST Sunday, so changes will likely be made when I get home. I'm off Monday so I'll try to be on as much as possible, and working 7-3 EST Tuesday and Wednesday so will also try to be on then to oversee these changes.

• Like 2

Just got home. Bout to take a quick nap before the cowboys play, so I'll either make the rule changes official later tonight, or sometime tomorrow. So now is your last chance to speak any final thoughts.

• Like 1

• Content Count:  2262

Ban Fullfreeday =v....

my personal request aside,I think CT should probit to do a forced death game with the entire prisoner until the last one or none at all. They should only able to force death game for small amount of people, instead of more than 10 people.

For example, if one CT wants to play a death game. He may only appointed 5-6 people to play the death game. Otherwise, Cts can just kill anyone that doesn't want to play the death games and only small amount of people who join because they don't want to die. But then they can still force them to play until no one is alive (with force LR rule applied). Then the cycle begin. "Because the rules said they can."

EDIT: actually, scratch that. It's time for the Ts learn how to rebel. Ban fullfreeday so CTs actually doing something instead of delaying in one way.

• Like 1
Edited by BlackWhite

• Content Count:  4441

Ban Fullfreeday =v....

my personal request aside,I think CT should probit to do a forced death game with the entire prisoner until the last one or none at all. They should only able to force death game for small amount of people, instead of more than 10 people.

For example, if one CT wants to play a death game. He may only appointed 5-6 people to play the death game. Otherwise, Cts can just kill anyone that doesn't want to play the death games and only small amount of people who join because they don't want to die. But then they can still force them to play until no one is alive (with force LR rule applied). Then the cycle begin. "Because the rules said they can."

EDIT: actually, scratch that. It's time for the Ts learn how to rebel. Ban fullfreeday so CTs actually doing something instead of delaying in one way.

The logic that removing Full Freedays has any correlation to T's rebelling or CT's camping one ways is fucking absurd.

Just got home. Bout to take a quick nap before the cowboys play, so I'll either make the rule changes official later tonight, or sometime tomorrow. So now is your last chance to speak any final thoughts.

Honestly my last recommendation to you would be basically what I said yesterday, take steps into implementing these slowly instead of a big leap. A big leap could end with complete rejection by the community

LR's with only 2 Prisoners left.

Forced death games only allowed past 2:15 with 6 or less Prisoners left. No opinionated or otherwise biased death games that puts the Prisoners fate in the Guards hands.

Don't give the toddler a revolver.

MPBGA

Reply to Thread