? servers

? players online

Changes coming to Jail Break

• Content Count:  954

I don't play PB every single day or much at all but I want to throw in my 2 cents about forced death games:

They can do a LOT to make the server fun, as long as people aren't being retarded about it.

I'm not talking simon says, fuck simon says, I'm talking about stuff like joke days, races, finding creative ways to play the map, so on so forth.

It's absolutely impossible to do a joke day in PB now because only 3 goddamn people go to play the death game and all of them have the comedic skills of a blanket. Being allowed to force it would mean that we might actually get a couple people who are legitimately funny.

The other thing I like about it is that it prevents complacency as a T. As it is now, you tend to have 1 T that follows orders exactly and never rebels, never takes an LR, and just lets the timer run out. With death games being forced, maybe it'll add more of a "kill or be killed" mentality.

Also I hope the CTs have some level of creativity when it comes to death games and doesn't just do simon says every goddamn round.

However, my only question:

If death games can now be forced, does that mean wardays can come around too?

• Like 2

• Content Count:  2589

However, my only question:

If death games can now be forced, does that mean wardays can come around too?

Nah. To me there's a big difference in "Hey, go play colors" or "Hey, go skip that rope" and "Hey, if i see you I'm gonna shoot you." And even if the war day were to be say only in soccer, you still don't guarantee that every T will try to kill the CTs. Which the main reason behind this update in the rules is to speed rounds up.

• Content Count:  288

i seem a lot of player don have any last request and all the new players seem our server have !lr to choose what kind of game can we played.I saw CTs gives Ts last request,after the ts winning,some of Ts wanna play again because they feel excited to challenge against CTs.

Lists of Last Request.

Last requests

Different servers have different challenges, the following are popular challenges on plenty of servers.

Knife fight

There are plenty of different knife fights players can choose from. Depending on the server you can have play regular knife fights, third person knife fights and even meep meep speed knife fights.

Shot 4 Shot

Each player will have a gun and will take turns to shoot 1 bullet at each other. To win all you have to do is simply kill your opponent.

Mag 4 Mag

The aim of mag 4 mag is the same as shot 4 shot however instead of shooting 1 bullet at a time you empty out your entire magazine.

Roulette

Each player takes turns shooting their gun. If they are lucky they will survive and if they are not they will instantly die

No Scope Battle

Players aren't allowed to scope in on their sniper riffles. To win you must kill your opponent with a sniper riffle. This is either a very good test of skill or luck.

Dodgeball

Players are put down to 1 health and are given an infinite number of flashbangs. To win you must kill you opponent by hitting them with a flashbang.

Race

Simply choosing a starting point and ending point, the winner is the first one to get to the end.

Custom

Some servers let prisoners choose their own last requests, usually these are games on the map. However most servers that allow custom last requests also let guards decline them.

• Content Count:  2844

My current stance with forced deathgames is a big no. My personal past experiences with playing these servers, where cts have been able to force deathgames, have been nothing but negative. Our server has been unique among others for as long as I've been here with more rebelling oriented gameplay than on deathgames and who gets to do the lr.

I agree that forced deathgames would encourage the Ts to rebel rather than having to play a deathgame, but on some of the maps rebelling before the cells have been opened is just impossible. No matter how good you are at jb, after the cells have been opened the Cts can easily be strict with their orders to maintain order, meaning you are most likely going to die. Then there is the kill whoring aspect. The CT team will be mad stacked with people wanting to get easy kills or just not wanting to participate in a deathgame. And those who are forced to play T will perhaps just leave. And because most of the CTs are lazy with their orders and are after easy kills, how I see most of the rounds going is" Go to bottom of cell stairs and freeze, line up shoulder to shoulder. No stacking. Now we are going to play Simon says/last reaction first reaction."(pretty much games that offer easy kills to the CTs in charge rather than those that automatically kill the T)

This is how I see forced deathgames play out in the end. However, I want to be open minded about this and give it a chance to see how they actually play out. As for the rest of the changes. With 1 2 3 4 and forced LRs I agree with. With increasing the player slots I'm a little skeptical about. we'll just have to see how it works out in the end.

• Like 1

• Content Count:  2238

My fear of forcing deathgames is going to be the backlash of the "oh, it'll only be all deathgame all the time for MAYBE the first week." Ok, how many players are going to be sick of playing JB within that week?

My fear of forcing deathgames is going to be the backlash of the "oh, it'll only be all deathgame all the time for MAYBE the first week." Ok, how many players are going to be sick of playing JB within that week?

Point being that with any big change to anything ever, there's a rough transitional period. The server could take this change in stride, or have some hiccups that require some adjustments in the rules. Only way to know that, is to let it run its course. This change is being made in hopes of bettering the server as a whole, and if it takes a rough first week to get some things worked out, then so be it.

• Like 2

If you know anyone that plays JB regularly but doesn't browse the forums (@bubblez ), encourage them to come post their thoughts on this. I'll add an advertisement to the server tonight so more players will hopefully see it. Added an advertisement. I'll also update OP later clarifying a few things I've answered in this thread.

I'm likely going to aim to have the updates, or most of them at least, implemented sometime Sunday. That'll give me the best opportunity to be available the first few days to help with any confusion.

Edited by Goku

• Content Count:  4441

I got to say.. reading what @ExRev said I'm inclined to agree with him.

I feel like the PB regulars are going to react pretty fucking badly to this and considering PB is built off of our regulars and not a steady flow of new players we should tread lightly making big impulsive changes.

Prison Break as it stands right now is doing really well, the only serious issue with it in my opinion is a lack of admins which some may attribute to a "chaotic" atmosphere but I honestly see that as absolute bullshit. I've played on PB nearly everyday for the past 2 months and it is nothing unmanageable once you get used to it. The cause of the servers "chaotic" atmosphere in my opinion is largely due to incredibly inactive or nonexistent PB admins and to be honest I don't see these changes convincing many if any at all admins from playing the server. I've said this on multiple occasions recently even before this thread or changes to PB were brought up but, PB players more than often are pretty much managing and administrating the server by player complaints, calling admins, etc.. We don't have the luxury of TTT where we have 4-5 SA+ on at once.

I understand that these changes MIGHT make PB bigger/better and any rational person can but, the truth is that PB as a server is basically run by and largely inhabited by young angsty kids who aren't gonna wanna wait 2 weeks & will basically cite these changes as the "PB downfall". I strongly suggest adding my suggested LR and Death game changes (the rest of them I agree with completely) and if there is no awful apocalyptic toddler rebellion then can always remove or tinker with wording/rules.

• Like 3

Reply to Thread