? servers

? players online

Changes coming to Jail Break

• Content Count:  2589

so does this include all ct facilitated games like Simon says ? or first reaction- last reaction for example. the deaths are contingent upon t failure

Why'd you quote the entire OP... T_T

Anyway, shit like FRLR and Simon says is fine since Ts actually have realistic chances to win/survive, or better yet they can actually control their destiny to an extent. With games like what's for dinner, you could say the CTs favorite food ever, but because he wants to he can say fuck you and kill you. Ts have literally no control over their fate. The wording is tricky because games like 4 corners are technically random, but at least it isn't the CT freely deciding who lives and dies. Essentially I just don't want CTs to force Ts to play a game in which the outcome is 100% dependent on if the CT wants to shoot the T or not.

• Content Count:  194

initial reaction: [ATTACH=CONFIG]15843[/ATTACH]

reaction after reading fully :papydates:

honestly agree with most justifications for these even if i still don't like ts' being muted in the start of the round i see why it's there.

thank you so much for adding in no bs death games like what's for dinner etc. just a little confused with this

• Introduction of CT bullet markers.

4) CT bullet markers--- This was brought up by Dominic and Liam Brown is going to work on implementing it. Not sure when exactly he'll have it ready, but I told him there's no hurry since it isn't that big of a deal. But essentially when we get this added, it is just going to make it easier for Ts to see where a CT is shooting when he says shit like "go to my bullets".

isn't this just bullet colors or something different? command or just a default thing? custom for each player or one default option?

not against it just looking for clarification.

• Content Count:  5377

honestly agree with most justifications for these even if i still don't like ts' being muted in the start of the round i see why it's there.

thank you so much for adding in no bs death games like what's for dinner etc. just a little confused with this

isn't this just bullet colors or something different? command or just a default thing? custom for each player or one default option?

Something like this: [ATTACH=CONFIG]15844[/ATTACH]

Something like this: [ATTACH=CONFIG]15844[/ATTACH]

Pretty much. Honestly haven't look too much into it. Liam said he'd see what he can do, so whatever he comes up with is fine. Only reason I'm adding anything like it is because I couldn't really think of a reason not to.

• Content Count:  1406

Yay! Im gonna need to stock up on vodka and weed for this shit. May as well punch my self in the balls to. Cancer 2.0! Weeeeee! Jk. Should be a fun change of pace for this old server. Should have my pc running right again soon. Woot!

• Content Count:  4441

You forgot the obligatory

DONT POST ON THIS THREAD IF YOU DONT PLAY ON PB DAILY ;)

GOKU POSTS THIS WHEN IM IN A SCRIM GAME :wutface:I T S A L L R I G G E D

Alright I agree with everything here

but

Implementing Forced Death games for the last couple of Ts : 5-6 and Forced LR's : 1-2 makes more sense IMO. The people on PB are honestly so power hungry and they will always opt for really confusing asshole-ish death games that will honestly make a lot of people frustrated enough to quit or bitch for the rule change. The time limit change is also something I'm in favor of but I think reinforcing it to the last 5-6 Prisoners would give people more incentive to rebel before they're gonna be lined up and forced to play a long, cancerous game of Simon Says. The addition of Forced Death Games obviously is gonna need a no opinionated or otherwise possibly biased death games rule (thanks for crediting me on that asshole :bird:).

I'm more than willing to see how Forced Death games turn out but, I think that this is one of those things we shouldn't even attempt as to me at least, the outcome should be black and white. I've been on PB nearly every day, maybe 2 days for the past 2 months and I can flat out tell you I can see Forced Death games creating a massive hate and rift for certain players on the server. I understand that the maps have a lot of untapped areas that we simply never use, but blanket forced death games is more than likely to produce way more issues than it would solve for prison break.

I don't think we should remove special orders entirely but the admins need to do a much better job at not letting special orders turn into harassment. The only reason I say that is because I think that their is a place for Special orders especially when you're trying to micromanage people. If "No Special orders" means not telling someone to goto isolation then I am completely fine with it, but if I can't tell one person to per say take a few steps out of big cage I can see the rule doing more harm than good/causing confusion. Special orders are an issue and what I'm suggesting barely changes what you're proposing but for the sake of not being ambiguous..

The rule should state "No special orders intended to punish or harass players" or something along those lines.

The added slots I'm actually interested to see how it turns out but we can seriously use some more admins being active on PB because besides a handful of admins PB pretty much manages itself through player complaints and ironically mutual respect.

Anyway these changes should give PB a nudge but I'm seriously against any drastic changes like a warden system, the removal of warning shots, or any other silly shit that makes us like the rest of the try hard PB communities.

I appreciate you posting this to gauge community opinion, hopefully we keep this thread productive.

600TH POST USED TO

MPBGA

• Like 1

• Content Count:  194

Implementing Forced Death games for the last couple of Ts : 5-6 and Forced LR's : 1-2 makes more sense IMO. The people on PB are honestly so power hungry and they will always opt for really confusing asshole-ish death games that will honestly make a lot of people frustrated enough to quit or bitch for the rule change. The time limit change is also something I'm in favor of but I think reinforcing it to the last 5-6 Prisoners would give people more incentive to rebel before they're gonna be lined up and forced to play a long, cancerous game of Simon Says. The addition of Forced Death Games obviously is gonna need a no opinionated or otherwise possibly biased death games rule (thanks for crediting me on that asshole :bird:).

I'm more than willing to see how Forced Death games turn out but, I think that this is one of those things we shouldn't even attempt as to me at least, the outcome should be black and white. I've been on PB nearly every day, maybe 2 days for the past 2 months and I can flat out tell you I can see Forced Death games creating a massive hate and rift for certain players on the server. I understand that the maps have a lot of untapped areas that we simply never use, but blanket forced death games is more than likely to produce way more issues than it would solve for prison break.

I don't think we should remove special orders entirely but the admins need to do a much better job at not letting special orders turn into harassment. The only reason I say that is because I think that their is a place for Special orders especially when you're trying to micromanage people. If "No Special orders" means not telling someone to goto isolation then I am completely fine with it, but if I can't tell one person to per say take a few steps out of big cage I can see the rule doing more harm than good/causing confusion. Special orders are an issue and what I'm suggesting barely changes what you're proposing but for the sake of not being ambiguous..

this basically if these rules are implemented I see them being amended fairly quickly and often. It will probably be very similar to what all ts is outlining here, there are a lot of power hungry people on pb constantly this in my eyes does open up more paths for people to break the rules. Not saying they're bad as it stands just that these new ones will most likely need some tightening up and I thing all ts has the right idea as to how to do that.

• Like 1
Edited by Sheriff Narwhal
shorten quote

but

Again, I'm fully expecting the initial few days, hell maybe even entire first week, to be an overflow of deathgames. But again, I also fully expect things to work themselves out. I'm expecting to see map-made deathgames used a lot more than CT-manned ones like Simon Says. I'm going to say give this change a little over a week, and we can assess how things are playing out. Keep in mind too that the "no repeating orders" rule would mean you can't keep doing simon says every day. Plus CTs are lazy, they'll eventually get tired of trying to control that big ass game :larry:

But yes, when I go to make the official rule change, I'll include some fancy wording to avoid shit like what's for dinner. We are avoiding the time limit because by the time the round hits 2 minutes, it'll take that long to get the deathgame setup and will likely end before the DG finishes. I'm also avoiding the "5-6 prisoners" left setup because the entire point of this change is to speed up the rounds and avoid those "stand here for 4 minutes" rounds. Which you mention it would encourage Ts to rebel so they don't get lined up for a DG, but I can also see it the other way. Some might not rebel because if they don't rebel, they don't die. If they don't die, then CTs can't force the deathgame.

Really it boils down to speeding up the rounds and keeping them interesting. The transition will be rough considering we're changing an ancient ruleset, but the end product will be worth it I believe.

The rule should state "No special orders intended to punish or harass players" or something along those lines.

The main reason for the removal of special orders, is they cause only confusion and headache for everyone involved. Both in regards to the ones meant to punish, and meant to "reward". I established here That you can't send a T to ISO round after round if he wasn't okay with it. I'll tinker with the exact wording. Telling one person to take a few steps out of big cage doesn't fall under my definition of "no special orders". Same with sending one person to medic. I just don't want any more of these "pets" kind of thing happening.

600TH POST USED TO

MPBGA

Hmmmmph, 600. You're cute :unkappa:

• Like 1

• Content Count:  88

You forgot the obligatory

DONT POST ON THIS THREAD IF YOU DONT PLAY ON PB DAILY ;)

GOKU POSTS THIS WHEN IM IN A SCRIM GAME :wutface:I T S A L L R I G G E D

Alright I agree with everything here

but

The added slots I'm actually interested to see how it turns out but we can seriously use some more admins being active on PB because besides a handful of admins PB pretty much manages itself through player complaints and ironically mutual respect.

Anyway these changes should give PB a nudge but I'm seriously against any drastic changes like a warden system, the removal of warning shots, or any other silly shit that makes us like the rest of the try hard PB communities.

I appreciate you posting this to gauge community opinion, hopefully we keep this thread productive.

600TH POST USED TO

MPBGA

I could not agree more when I first arrived at PB I was a but a small boy scared and worried about death games on jb servers. Then it happened I got a msg on skype from a person has nicknamed "Senpai sugar daddy" Or as you know him All T's. He spoke of a great prophecy that a PB server provided refuge to small children like me he said:"No forced death games". ill be honest I cried a little it was very emotional for me to find a server were a man yelling at me in some east European language while he shoots at me for not following to his accordion. Finally, a server where someone in a east European language can't gun me down

I could be free! But then this-this post I see death games returning my nam flashbacks came to me I saw the Viet Cong around me. Please I beg you not just for my nam flashbacks but for every PB reg Hear this man out!

Ps.Since I Nam vet I can not buy Christmas gift if you would like to donate click that thanks button Go America!

+rep

• Like 4
Edited by Soviet
Added the quote he needed

Reply to Thread