? servers

? players online

AFK Freeze

• Content Count:  2589

Just to throw it out there, they should only be using AFK freeze for things such as gun checks or if shit hits the fan and they need to regain quick control. Half the shit I'm seeing mentioned here shouldn't be an issue since it shouldn't be happening. On mobile and don't have tapatalk anymore so too lazy to quote pieces but I'll just go down the list:

@FLuiD IMO, which you'll need an AO of the server to back it up to make it official, but if you notice CTs keep just ordering afk freeze and not doing anything than use your position as an admin to tell them to knock the shit off. If they're doing it constantly every round tell them, in a more polite way, to Fuck off and stop repeating orders and actually do something. There's never a reason for Ts to be afk frozen for more than maybe 20-30 seconds.

@Metal there is no gray area. I clearly defined it months back. AFK freeze is absolutely 0 movement at all. If your player model moves, you're not afk frozen. This means crouching and knifing or whatever. You can talk on mic since your model does not move. If you're forced to afk freeze long enough that you're even seeing the afk timer warning, CTs aren't being reasonable with their orders.

@Mad Dogg again just my thoughts, but if they're being told to afk freeze for anywhere near a minute, it doesn't sound to me like they're being reasonable with their orders.

@LeWolf if a ct just says freeze and doesn't specify afk freeze, and they shoot you for not being afk frozen, that's a freeshot.

Honestly it sounds from what I'm reading ITT that it's less of "something in the rules needs to be done" and more of you guys just need to start pulling the trigger more on their bullshit. Adding a restriction to the rules about how long they can be frozen or when it can or can't be ordered is only gong to cause confusion. And I don't think it should be flat out removed since it does serve a purpose.

My proposed solution would be for the admins when they're on to start using that gun of theirs and shooting their shit down. If you see someone constantly abusing afk freeze then start telling them to lay off the shit. If they keep abusing it, then start moving them or punishing them.

That's just my thoughts. I think the better course of action would be to start shutting down their bullshit rather than adding a rule and neutering what CTs can or can't do. Especially since what I've read ITT sounds like the same complaints I've heard since I clarified that afk is allowed and is shit that shouldn't be happening anyway. Now if you want to clarify in there that AFK freeze is not meant to be used as an actual regular order and is only meant to be used as means of doing a quick weapon check or to regain quick control over the Ts when chaos happens due to someone rebelling or cells being opened with no orders or whatever. I think that that would be fine, but I strongly disagree what any form of restrictions need to be added or the order completely removed. People just need to start shooting that bullshit down when they see it.

Now if you need me, I'll be falling back into the abyss I just crawled out of :larry:

• Like 12

• Content Count:  11723

@Goku

"AFK freeze for things such as gun checks"

This is never the case anymore.

Only solution would be for members and admins to explain its mainly for gun checks.

However if we have no admins on the server and still try to explain it but ofc Ct's will be Ct's wont listen can we report them and is this something that they can be banned for.

• Like 1

• Content Count:  1083

I mean I understand that if used correctly and administered harshly, in theory everything would work out, but in reality it literally never works correctly (kind of like communism xdddddd) and it seems it would be something admins CONSTANTLY have to warn players for. I think it isn't worth the trouble of both admins having to deal with one extra thing and players getting annoyed, when the exact same result (checking guns) can be accomplished by other orders such as look at a wall. With that being said however, I completely understand you wanting to stick with the principle/ideal of not restricting game play in any way possible.

• Like 1

• Content Count:  2230

Honestly I don't think there is enough benefit to the rule. Things going out of order is solved just as easily by a freeze and an afk freeze. Checking guns has always been the primary use - though that is almost never the reason why people use it - and that can quite easily be done without afk freeze. The issues that come with it, the general annoyance and imo the pointless effect that it has makes me entirely okay with it being removed. I don't think it's as much of a big deal as it seems to come across as and the server would be fine with it still there, but I personally just don't see why.

Back when I first joined the community AFK Freeze was not allowed. I've seen people claim that it was 'never actually not allowed' which may have been the official case for all I know, but as soon as anyone said AFK all of the regulars would go 'YOU CAN'T SAY AFK FREEZE' and admins would punish for people repeatedly attempting to enforce it. The server was completely fine back then and I couldn't recall anyone feeling the need to have it. I can't remember when it got added (or clarified that you could use it) but since then there's the occasional mishap with it and it's generally just annoying.

I don't really think that it matters all that much either way, but I'm for removing it entirely.

• Like 1

• Content Count:  1802

I don't really see benefit of afk freeze. Freeze should be restricted to normal freeze and things like "face that wall" for gun checks.

Although I do see if afk freeze were removed there being some problems with ts shouting "You can't order afk freeze" and just continue where ever they were going. That is another question: would afk freeze in this case be considered as normal freeze or invalid order?

• Like 1

Reply to Thread

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.