? servers

? players online

Deathgames: Rewarding The Winning Player(s) with a Freeday

• Content Count:  452

Why is it that now CT's are not allowed to reward those who want to play a deathgame and win with a freeday? I don't see it being a special order, I see it as a reward for participating and winning the deathgame. Now that giving the winning T a freeday is no longer allowed it's going to be that much more difficult to get Ts to volunteer for a deathgame when the winner just gets sent back to the rest of the Ts.

• Content Count:  5381

Why is it that now CT's are not allowed to reward those who want to play a deathgame and win with a freeday? I don't see it being a special order, I see it as a reward for participating and winning the deathgame. Now that giving the winning T a freeday is no longer allowed it's going to be that much more difficult to get Ts to volunteer for a deathgame when the winner just gets sent back to the rest of the Ts.

where does it say you cant give a t a freeday after winning a deathgame?

that's not a special order

• Content Count:  1421

There are certain special orders we allow, the special orders rule is meant to stop CTs from abusing single Ts, like putting them in ISO all round. I think giving a T a free day for winning a deathgame is fine.

• Content Count:  1193

This wasn't mentioned anywhere and I treated it as it wasn't a special order before, but a reward. But another admin (Don't remember who) told me that it falls under the no special orders and that you couldn't give a freeday to the T(s) that win deathgames unless you give freedays to the other Ts that are still alive. That's how I've treated it the past couple of days.

• Content Count:  1403

A few of us discussed this topic here, more than likely you will find your answer in that thread.

Basically Slade wraps it all up with this quote

I can understand your mindset of how giving a winner of a deathgame a freeday for surviving, but it's completely different from a special order. An example of a special order would be "All T's go to big cage, except for EZrebeller69, he will go to isolation". The player who survived the death game did just that, survived a game where a loss would result in death, therefore, he can be given a freeday as an award.

Since the dawn of time when JB was a new gamemode, rewards were given for surviving a deathgame. Back then, if you won, you survived, and your life was your reward. (It's a lot different now, deathgames used to be forced) If we were to keep saying that giving a freeday after surviving a deathgame is a special order, then we might as well say that asking to go somewhere to play a deathgame with willing participants is a special order; and that would make jailbreak boring as hell.

Instead of a freeday as an award, you can tell them to go play somewhere restricted, or give suggestions of where all the rest of the T's should go. If a deathgame survivor wants to S4S, and two parties agree, do an LR early. He earned it, he deserves it. However, he is still a prisoner, so he is not entitled to anything more then his life for winning a deathgame IF the CT's choose. If you don't like it, then rebel.

TL;DR: Instead of giving the T that wins the DG a freeday offer him the ability to choose where the Ts get to go next or offer the T a restricted area he can go to while the other Ts do another activity.

Edited by Four

• Content Count:  452

This wasn't mentioned anywhere and I treated it as it wasn't a special order before, but a reward. But another admin (Don't remember who) told me that it falls under the no special orders and that you couldn't give a freeday to the T(s) that win deathgames unless you give freedays to the other Ts that are still alive. That's how I've treated it the past couple of days.

Yeah Cam and I along with some others were just playing Tropical Island and this came up. I posted this to clear it up because I know I'm not the only CT who rewards the winner(s) of a deathgame with a freeday. Thanks for sorting this out guys!

P.S. Delirium let me know when you wanna s4s with reg skin for a 12 round slay XD

• Like 1

• Content Count:  5381

A few of us discussed this topic here, more than likely you will find your answer in that thread.

Basically Slade wraps it all up with this quote

TL;DR: Instead of giving the T that wins the DG a freeday offer him the ability to choose where the Ts get to go next or offer the T a restricted area he can go to while the other Ts do another activity.

You can still give them a freeday for the current round as well.

Reply to Thread