? servers

? players online

JB Dead VoiceChat

• Content Count:  788

Yes but like minus said , it was talked about but really never came to a solid conclusion

What Repus is saying is that there is no need to make another thread on it 10 days later, when you can just respond to the other one since it never really came to a conclusion.

One problem I see happens is if a T gets freekilled last round and no admins are on , the T waits till next round and starts Yelling and complaining about it , which can Disrupt orders making it unabble for people to hear. With them talkingg about it when they are dead it allows them to ask and talk about why they got Freekilled without disrupt orders in the next round.

You don't need a mic to be able to ask a CT why you were killed, as a matter of fact the whole no mic use when dead helps with players screaming less after they die, but can still ask why they were killed, either to the dead CT, or if an admin is online, put it in chat and he will ask the CT that killed you if he is still alive.

Lets behonest one of the most consistent issues with jb is that right when the Ts are unmuted theres alot of mic spam from people complaining about what happened the previous round and Everyone else cant hear the orders the CT are giving. Then wih that people get confused and even more complaining from people getting shot cause they couldnt follow the orders they couldny hear.

It really only gets resolved when someone gets a admin on to Mute everyone and try to control the spam.

Have CTs order off mic till X time, and if they continue to bitch about it warning shot and kill and that will get them to shut up. Most people will get upset when they believe they were wrongly killed, but usually get over it within the round and drop it, and if they continue to be an annoyance tell them to make a player complaint or get an admin if they continue to disrupt the flow of the game.

If it really comes down to it you can block communication from other annoying T's as a T so you yourself can hear the CT orders if there is a select few T's being a real annoyance on the mic. Truth be told, JB gets loud and annoying, I wouldn't want to die and continue to get that loud annoying screaming from people who claim to have been freekilled.

• Like 1

• Content Count:  202

@Rye , Not quoteing cause its just going to endup getting spammed with giant quotes , so imma do my best to give my options in order of ur response.

1. I never realized there was a orginal post before , probably cause it died pretty fast without a conclusion.

2.Having them muted when they are dead dont solve the issue of them screaming it just delays and allows then to think of what they are going to yell by delaying of the inevitable. Allowing the dead T to actually talk to the other Ts and maybe when the CT that allegedly "Freekilled" him can just skip the whole argument at the beginning of the round. This is also the case for when there is NO ADMIN on cause most times this whole problem gets solved.

3. Even if the Ct says All Ts off mic , how can any T hear with the constant spam by the Ts about the "Freekiller" and just completely kills the fact that someone was freekilled. Giving the Ts a different opportunity to Discuss and Solve the issue it a better way without disrupting the next round is all means a better solution then having the whole argument breaking out next round that possibility leads to even more freekills and even more arguments just for the next round. Even if the player mutes the T mic spamming its still doesn't take into account that not all player muted that T so they still unable to hear the orders. If all someone has to do is just block that one player than whats the point of having admins mute people? Its the same result right? Of course not !! Having players just mute that person just avoids the fact that somone was freekilled. Instead of just finding ways to shut the T up , why dont we try to find alternate ways other than spamming in the beginning of the round.

Over all im not asking it to be a permanent thing more of like Try it for a week and see if anything changes.

Sorry for any misspelling cause on my phone xd

Edited by grASSo (Wolf)

• Content Count:  1403

Basically it comes down to whether or not this is actually needed. IMO typing in chat solves the problem without the headache of players yelling at each other because they are accusing the CT of freekilling.

This feature works on TTT as well because admins don't have to monitor the live voice chat as much as JB. Admins have to listen to the orders given to make sure if it is reasonable, make sure they aren't free shooting based on the order given, etc.

Basically it comes down to whether or not this is actually needed. IMO typing in chat solves the problem without the headache of players yelling at each other because they are accusing the CT of freekilling.

This feature works on TTT as well because admins don't have to monitor the live voice chat as much as JB. Admins have to listen to the orders given to make sure if it is reasonable, make sure they aren't free shooting based on the order given, etc.

Remember this is cases where Admins ARE NOT ON . Cause this mic spam at the beginning normally gets fixed by admins muting everyone or just muting all the Ts

• Content Count:  788

@I Am Wolf basically this.

There's already enough yelling and people talking over each other during the round. Transferring it over to dead chat isn't necessary because it just isn't going to make much of a difference except cause headaches. If the player really isn't mature enough or can't control themselves not to scream on the mic at the start of the round, and or starts doing dumbshit and causing a disturbance over something small then A) Make a player complaint or B) Get an Admin

Also to add on, if an admin is online, he can't monitor dead chat if they are using mics, so that is when players would be most disrespectful and screaming, and admins can't do anything if they aren't dead as well, so keeping it in dead chat (which they can see) allows them to better monitor the people who might start spamming or being disrespectful.

@Gator also makes a good point as well. Voice chat is just for convenience but also brings along a lot of screaming that isn't necessary.

• Content Count:  418

I see where you guys are coming from but even when Supporter was around and they could chat with live players while dead, these issues that you guys are saying weren't prominent at all. And this is different completely if it's just dead players talking to dead players. Yeah, people can't complain about getting freekilled while dead on mic to inform an admin, but that seems incredibly minor since people could tell them that they need to type while dead to inform an admin.

I get admins have it tough when it comes to PB, but it's a simple convenience for regular players.

• Like 1

@I Am Wolf basically this.

There's already enough yelling and people talking over each other during the round. Transferring it over to dead chat isn't necessary because it just isn't going to make much of a difference except cause headaches. If the player really isn't mature enough or can't control themselves not to scream on the mic at the start of the round, and or starts doing dumbshit and causing a disturbance over something small then A) Make a player complaint or B) Get an Admin

Also to add on, if an admin is online, he can't monitor dead chat if they are using mics, so that is when players would be most disrespectful and screaming, and admins can't do anything if they aren't dead as well, so keeping it in dead chat (which they can see) allows them to better monitor the people who might start spamming or being disrespectful.

@Gator also makes a good point as well. Voice chat is just for convenience but also brings along a lot of screaming that isn't necessary.

Rye this is JB we are talking about of course alot of JB players cant control them selves:lul:

• Like 2

• Content Count:  1403

I understand where you are getting at minus, I wouldn't mind if subscribers were able to talk but like I said before if everyone were able to talk it wouldn't work.

• Content Count:  418

I understand where you are getting at minus, I wouldn't mind if subscribers were able to talk but like I said before if everyone were able to talk it wouldn't work.

That's what I don't get, there's precedent that it did work fine. I know what PB is like but the mindset that it won't work because of the judgement passed on to people who play PB doesn't seem fair. But I'm also fine with the idea of it being a sub perk, it'd at least get peoples attention to the forums in PB when they see people being able to chat with dead players so they'd at least check it out.

Reply to Thread