? servers

? players online

Garry's Mod TTT

• Content Count:  2694

Gmod TTT is where it all started, set it to a map like Dolls, Crummy Cradle, or 67thway and you'll almost always have a populated server. More capabilities with mods and scripts and whatever.

I don't quite really know how banning or logs system works on CS:GO TTT but on Gmod, ULX makes everything a million times easier. I've been an admin and a higher up on multiple Gmod TTT communities and it can't be any easier for staff. Press F8 to open logs, find culprit, question culprit, type !menu to slay, ban, kick and it'll open up a neat little GUI that does everything for you basically. You just gotta input numbers. Basically, I think it'll be way easier for staff to moderate a Gmod TTT server than it would be to moderate a CS:GO TTT server.

• Content Count:  11501

I am going to be the bad guy here -

We aren't going to do this. It's completely counter-intuitive to host a GMod TTT server long term when we already have a CSGO server. Other than the fact that I doubt it will hold a stable population over a long period of time, it is almost virtually impossible for us to build a GMod TTT population without hurting the CSGO TTT population - if we are constantly creating events and spamming people to join the GMod server, it is naturally going to draw people who play CSGO TTT to check it out (I'm not even sure how people can attempt to argue that point). If GMod had a population of players that was even half of CSGO, I could understand saying "more people on GMod play TTT than people on CSGO who play TTT." As of an hour ago, there was about a 15:1 ratio, which is insanely different.

Honestly, I'd rather play CSS than CSGO. I find the game mechanics a lot better and easier to navigate, but that doesn't mean it makes sense to open a CSS server lol. If someone can logically explain to me why it would make sense opening a TTT server, we can sit and have a discussion about it - however so far it's covered in nostalgia and subjectivity.

We can host it occasionally as an event, but long-term, it more than likely will not happen. Sorry folks.

• Like 2

Reply to Thread