? servers

? players online

Getting A New Phone

• Content Count:  1459

I need your help. So I'm up for an upgrade and I want to do it now before my phone goes to shit. So at the moment, I'm on android with the HTC One (M9). I am looking to either get the new version of my phone, the HTC U11, or the iPhone 7+. Reason why I'm not looking at other phones is because I don't want to figure out a new OS and I like HTC's OS, so why change? Here are some pros and cons I have made up about moving to an iPhone:

Pros:

- Nice Camera

- iMessage

- Easy to find a case for the phone

- Easy to find a person who has a chord for charging

Cons:

- Switching is a pain in the ass (or so I've heard, correct me if I'm wrong)

- Battery life is pretty shitty

- Re-buy all of the apps I bought on Google Play

- Give in to Apple

- Can't listen to music and charge phone w/out buying a thing that can do that

Now here are some pros and cons on sticking with the HTC U11:

Pros:

- Better camera than the iPhone (apparently)

- Larger Battery

- Familiar OS

- Easier to move data

Cons:

- Groupchats

- Music from iTunes to Google Play is annoying

- Can't listen to music and charge phone w/out buying a thing that can do that

So those are what I have come up with, please give me your opinion on what I should get, because I'm seriously torn.

• Content Count:  3205

Just get the 6s+ so you don't deal with their stupid design on the 7. Apple Music gives you free music choices for 3 months then it's automatically $9.99, that way you get bored of the song you aren't stuck with it. I believe they also have student discount so it's $4.99. Battery life really depends on how much you're on the phone. You can also buy the inbuilt chargers (they are cases) for the iPhone but it won't really protect your front screen. Also the cables for the iphone are expensive to replace but seriously go into the auto department in Walmart and they are like $6+ depending on how long you get them. I got 2 10ft cables so I'm not restricted to one side of the bed.

Using iTunes isn't bad either, I find it easy to grab all the songs from CD's I bought in the past and just rename them. Plugging an iPhone into the computer to grab your photos/videos is simple by dragging the shit into a folder. That way you can have more room. Easy back up from iTunes incase you lose your shit and have to transfer to another phone. The employees I believe are limited on what they can transfer.

Edited by Leon

• Content Count:  2668

Just get the 6s+ so you don't deal with their stupid design on the 7. Apple Music gives you free music choices for 3 months then it's automatically $9.99, that way you get bored of the song you aren't stuck with it. I believe they also have student discount so it's $4.99. Battery life really depends on how much you're on the phone. You can also buy the inbuilt chargers (they are cases) for the iPhone but it won't really protect your front screen. Also the cables for the iphone are expensive to replace but seriously go into the auto department in Walmart and they are like $6+ depending on how long you get them. I got 2 10ft cables so I'm not restricted to one side of the bed.

Using iTunes isn't bad either, I find it easy to grab all the songs from CD's I bought in the past and just rename them. Plugging an iPhone into the computer to grab your photos/videos is simple by dragging the shit into a folder. That way you can have more room. Easy back up from iTunes incase you lose your shit and have to transfer to another phone. The employees I believe are limited on what they can transfer.

Just go Spotify lol. Apple Music is some good stuff from what I've read. IIRC you can take songs and get the iTunes version of them if they are in your library so you can upgrade any songs that aren't good quality. I'm not sure if they still do this since it's been a while since I've seen it.

I think my camera in my iPhone SE is the same as the 6S as everything else is the same, and the camera has its moments. It's not a super HD camera or anything, I feel the android's have better cameras.

And the walmart cords are the best things I've ever found.

• Content Count:  1984

Just go Spotify lol. Apple Music is some good stuff from what I've read. IIRC you can take songs and get the iTunes version of them if they are in your library so you can upgrade any songs that aren't good quality. I'm not sure if they still do this since it's been a while since I've seen it.

I think my camera in my iPhone SE is the same as the 6S as everything else is the same, and the camera has its moments. It's not a super HD camera or anything, I feel the android's have better cameras.

And the walmart cords are the best things I've ever found.

Yes Spotify is worth every bit of my money. There's a deal right now where you can get 3 months free for $0.99 for first time premium users. Should give that a try.

I agree that I'd rather keep a 6+ rather than upgrade to a 7 where you can't listen to music while charging unless you get AirPods.

Edited by euro

• Content Count:  716

Thanks for the help everyone, I decided to get the iPhone 7+ because I can suffer through having dongles and shit.

You wont regret it i own one myself it's amazing what that shit can do

• Content Count:  1654

I have and currently use a 6S while most of my friends have the 7 or 7+ and I can honestly say that the 6-6S is better to handle from what I have seen. Every person likes there own type of phone so you just have to narrow it down by company and then by generation of phone.

I for one have always been an IPhone user and can't see myself in the near future use any other phone from major companies.

• Content Count:  1403

I have the 7 plus and love it, the camera is phenomenal. The downside is that there isn't a headphone jack but can easily be fixed with using bluetooth devices. I have bluetooth in my car as well as wireless headphones so it isn't a big deal for me. The size is big at first but you get used to it.

If if you are willing to spend a pretty penny I reccomend the iphone 7+

If I were you, I'd invest into apple music. The quality is fantastic and the app has a wide variety of music.

Edit: Didn't realize you already bought a phone because I skimmed through the posts, good choice!

• Like 1
Edited by Four

Reply to Thread