? servers

? players online

Credit & Charge Cards

• Content Count:  796

I don't have an actual credit card but i got approved for a medical credit card that I use for vet visits and stuff. If you live in the US I definitely recommend getting at least one and limit it to simple things like groceries and gas. Does wonders if you don't fuck it up

Charliere is a dog confirmed, also I agree, credit card's are great, also for ordering stuff online, it ducks to always have to buy a prepaid card to order from amazon.

• Content Count:  452

Meh. I have a financial advisor who manages my retirement/investmenet and he saw no problems with my current/future expenses and such. My credit score is 760+, I also belong to a credit union so for loans or w/e I am covered

Maybe when I move to my own place and get a full time job (I just graduated) I'll start using one, but I like to only spend with the money I have

You need to get a credit card for the rewards. I put every dollar possible on my cards, and pay each one off in full prior to the statements generating. Doing so reflects 0% utilization across all credit bureaus, some argue 1-3% is better than 0% but in my trials I've seen no difference. I earn at minimum 5% cash back on every transaction I make. Most of the time I don't redeem my rewards for cash, I use transfer partners and redeem for airfare or lodging. When doing so I receive at minimum 7.5% in cash back after breaking down what each point is worth. If you have no self control with money, and not being able to tell how much you can actually spend then it best not to use one. However, not having one is only hurting you in the long run.

See but you have a good credit score, what generates your credit? Because anyone who says 'you need a credit card(s)' is basing it on needing to build credit to buy things like a car or house. Obviously you're supplementing your credit in a different manor.

See above post.

I don't have a credit card either, nor do I plan to get one any time soon. I don't want to spend money that I don't have either, or fuck up my credit entirely.

However, my credit is fairly good. This comes from paying my previous car payment off early, and my current car payment. I also started paying off my student loans a little bit at at time before I graduate, which apparently helps your credit too.

See above post.

• Like 1

• Content Count:  2206

0e8af5e5805b8c419a22125eb2b13138.png

Keeps getting rejected everywhere I go, don't understand why.

Maybe your not putting in the 3 digit security code - take a picture of the back and post it well let you know

• Content Count:  1289

Many people don't use credit card properly. They just go on a spending spree. How to use it properly is it spend as much as you can pay off based on your budget. I've had a credit card for 5 years now and I was able to be approved for buying a car because my credit was just high enough right below the excellent line.

I always use my credit card for lets say like $300 a month swiped, then I use my leftover budget money (not savings) to pay the card off back to zero monthly. Its simple and building credit at a young age is very important imo if you're going to buy a car or a property in the future because the bank WILL look at your credit.

• Content Count:  452

BUMPING THIS POST

Cash back, rewards, trip delay insurance, manufacture warranty extension, return protection, etc. are all reasons why you should have credit cards. You don't want to be that person applying for a mortgage one day with only a few years of credit history. Do yourself a favor now and build that credit gamers! Beat the system and NEVER pay interest, pay your balances in full each month. Preferably before your statement generates to maintain a low credit utilization %. Don't be that person with a 8%+ interest rate on a auto loan because you didn't put in the work now! 

Reply to Thread