? servers

? players online

Add this map to the server?  

12 members have voted

1. 1. Add this map to the server?

ttt_dark_docks request

• Content Count:  1020

Uhhh.... no, not at all.

I really dislike this map, and it's safe to say a lot of other people did too.

When we entered the map, we had around 20+ people on, when we voted whether or we liked it or not, it was split 6-6

This map caused major depopulation in the server, despite the fact that it had "new map hyper" surrounding it.

Overall, my time playing this map was unenjoyable, I liked the whole docks layout and all of the buildings surrounding it, but it was just way to effin dark. Hell, I even RDMd a guy because I thought he ran passed an unidentified body, but when I ran closer to him the body was actually ID'd. The map was so dark the body was grey from a distance.

I really do think you should change the name to just "docks" because the darkness of it all is killing it.

I wasn’t there to test the map but the darkness is a unique thing that the map would bring as it did in slender which used to be a really fun map on TTT to bring a different feeling to the server—and as for what dancing said, a few Light poles would be a pretty cool concept to add giving people honestly a false hope of sercurity

• Content Count:  2579

Uhhh.... no, not at all.

I really dislike this map, and it's safe to say a lot of other people did too.

When we entered the map, we had around 20+ people on, when we voted whether or we liked it or not, it was split 6-6

This map caused major depopulation in the server, despite the fact that it had "new map hyper" surrounding it.

Overall, my time playing this map was unenjoyable, I liked the whole docks layout and all of the buildings surrounding it, but it was just way to effin dark. Hell, I even RDMd a guy because I thought he ran passed an unidentified body, but when I ran closer to him the body was actually ID'd. The map was so dark the body was grey from a distance.

I really do think you should change the name to just "docks" because the darkness of it all is killing it.

Thanks for your feedback!

Map was MADE to be dark and hard to play on. I tried to recreate ttt_slender's dark basement environment. It is NOT the first time we tested it, the hype wasn't there that much. The vote was made first round with no as option 1. I consider people liked it more than the vote said.

The rdm? Your fault, entirely. I don't expect innocent to even win this, as it's more of a "stay together or die" map, EXTREMELY T sided, which was the intention. You can't even see bodies on slender, not that big of a problem. It adds a stress agent in fact :)

I understand you don't like it, it's normal. I wanted to make something different than daylight town map v5432. The initial intention was to recreate PUBG's fog environment, but it created other problems like the T circles not appearing correctly.

I also did not see the map being played that much. People were testing it, finding broken stuff, checking clipping and jumping to their death in the water. I'll check if there is a fix to get my fog back, else it'll stay dark.

Thanks again for giving your opinion, really appreciated!

• Content Count:  391

I wasn’t there to test the map but the darkness is a unique thing that the map would bring as it did in slender which used to be a really fun map on TTT to bring a different feeling to the situation—and as for what dancing said, a few Light poles would be a pretty cool concept to add giving people honestly a false hope of sercurity

You could be right, but I like being able to see more than people's sprays and tracers at times. Because as of now it feels like your running around and the only thing you can see are crates and a giant building

• Content Count:  391

Thanks for your feedback!

Map was MADE to be dark and hard to play on. I tried to recreate ttt_slender's dark basement environment. It is NOT the first time we tested it, the hype wasn't there that much. The vote was made first round with no as option 1. I consider people liked it more than the vote said.

The rdm? Your fault, entirely. I don't expect innocent to even win this, as it's more of a "stay together or die" map, EXTREMELY T sided, which was the intention. You can't even see bodies on slender, not that big of a problem. It adds a stress agent in fact :)

I understand you don't like it, it's normal. I wanted to make something different than daylight town map v5432. The initial intention was to recreate PUBG's fog environment, but it created other problems like the T circles not appearing correctly.

I also did not see the map being played that much. People were testing it, finding broken stuff, checking clipping and jumping to their death in the water. I'll check if there is a fix to get my fog back, else it'll stay dark.

Thanks again for giving your opinion, really appreciated!

Sorry for the shitty formatting.

How is it my fault that 2 different colors were shown from 2 different locations? LOL. Maybe it was csgo being csgo, but to pin on that on me is very unfair.

And there was another vote that I was referring in the middle of the match, where no was the 2nd option? A lot of the people on there agreed that it was WAY to dark and you could literally be standing next to someone and not see them, which was your intention, right?

Its hard to find people who enjoy getting shot in the back. Its a lot harder to find people who enjoy getting shot from outta nowhere from a t who bought a radar.

Maybe its your cup of tea but I still don't think its as enjoyable to most of the regs on the ttt server who prefer high paced fair action where an inno can win against a T in a 1v1.

But its something new, right?

Sent from my LG-M210 using Tapatalk

How is it my fault that 2 different colors were shown from 2 different locations? LOL. Maybe it was csgo being csgo, but to pin on that on me is very unfair.

Look, I'm not arguing with you, but I have to get this straight.

Shooting on reflex is entirely the player's fault. If you kill someone cause you are not SURE, it's rdm, by definition. I understand the idea of the colours not being as easy to see as on a sunny map. You see, coming from a severe red-green colourblind, the red and green bodies always made me play like that in TTT, and I don't kill on reflex anymore. I'm careful and the issue you're having is the issue I've been dealing with since Global Offensive came out. Again, this is a stress agent. You have to be double careful now. This excludes T circles, if they had to be bugging out I'd understand the issue, but this is the effect many maps have had.

When I asked for feedback on the servers, a majority seemed to like it. Critics are worth more than blatantly switching to your primary and hitting no. The second vote who was cast mid-game was @DancingMoonlight asking if players would like to have fog added to the current dark map. A majority said no, as it was already hard to see. When questioned, a player told me he would have prefered the map being cloudy+fog, and many agreed (pubg fog, the initial buggy effects). Of course, I'd love to be able to have a foggy environment, to create a pure CQB map with no visibility, just like slender. Darkness works as well, but if there's a way to get around T circles fucking me in the ass, I'd gladly get the fog back.

The map is indeed something. It is not and will not be liked by everyone, because of it diverging from the average map. I think I conceived it with enough obstacles on it to prevent it being Ts spraying from a distance.

Here are the final changes I'm going to make this weekend:

• Adding Tactical Awareness grenades for innocents/detective to use.

• Spreading weapon spawns and deleting AUGs/SG553s/AK47s/M4A4s to help balance the map around a risky CQB, forcing Ts to play with risks and Innocents to play somewhat in groups

• Reclipping the map, as people can runboost over some obstacles

• Re-add ladders that were removed in v2, without buffing the crane's high view

• Fix the broken tower

• Fix weird FXs scattered around the exterior

[MAYBE]

• Add a few half-dead light poles to make 2-3 small spots with augmented visibility (thanks for the idea @WavY)

• Add a few towers in dead spots where there are not enough obstacles/ too much visibility

Those changes will make the map less T sided and will, according to the logic behind them, help the Innocent side to win/have a little bit more fun.

We'll be running a final test probably Sunday or Tuesday if everything runs smoothly. I'll ask Metal for his vtf and I'll work from there.

Final version completed. Changed sky, deleted rifles, added smgs, scattered weapons, added tactical awareness grenades, changed darkness, added light poles, fixed lighting in warehouses, added 2 small cabins, added props, restored broken tower.

Ladders are not to be brought back, for the sake of balancing the map.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/9tduhjd100dbqkw/ttt_dark_dock_v3.rar?dl=0

Since @Paralyzed is lazy, any other ao can put it in? @Nimmy

Huge props to @Metal for tweaking it to make it less of a pain to render and play!

• Like 1

• Content Count:  246

pretty good maps but need some fix to be betther. But in general i hope that this map will be accepte after you fix some issue with it .In general it a pretty good job