? servers

? players online

Prison Break: Team Killing

• Content Count:  1057

Hello again,

Just a discussion I was having with a few regulars made me question the rules in place as is. As it states in !rules, Team Killing is not allowed. With it being a server rule, I do understand that if I witness terrorists trying to get their team killed, I can take the appropriate steps such as muting kicking possibly banning. However, I have always killed them in the process during the round if they were to get a teammate killed.

The way I see it, is that if a terrorist is in solitary and he is blocking his teammates from getting in, he is causing them to get warning shots for delaying and possibly killed so I make it clear that blockers will be shot and killed. Now, for example, if the terrorists are going to the big cage and a prisoner decides to scream the orders are pool and everyone goes there and gets killed. There is no reason for that prisoner who gave those false orders to survive as he just basically got his team injured/killed.

If a higher up could clarify this team killing rule and permit if we are allowed to kill prisoners as CT's for giving such orders, that would be great.

Thanks,

Bubblez

• Content Count:  4441

Right now, it's not allowed anywhere in the rules and I've had a few people doing it saying admins such as yourself are telling them it is allowed.

As for whether we should add it. I don't want players to start being the executioners of our rules- as it's a very slippery slope. If players are doing it religiously, it's easy to report them for it.

• Like 1

This is exactly why I am addressing this issue. What makes it okay for them to live while getting teammates killed when they can be killed for blocking in solitary etc. It all falls under team killing. The rules are getting to a point where its over complicated even for people like to me to keep up with them.

• Content Count:  2579

This is exactly why I am addressing this issue. What makes it okay for them to live while getting teammates killed when they can be killed for blocking in solitary etc. It all falls under team killing. The rules are getting to a point where its over complicated even for people like to me to keep up with them.

Like I told you, it's AGAINST the server rules. It falls into the punishment category, where we slay/kick/ban. You act as an admin instead of a guard for this. Imagine the guy is not saying "all T's have a freeday" but racist slurs. Act the exact way.

Thing is, blocking a teammate is less vicious than yelling freeday when more than 3 persons, including cts, are talking. When Goku made the rule, we were told to follow protocol on it, that's all. It seems pretty clear to me that if it's not allowed, you should kick Ts who do it.

The rules state that giving T orders is specifically against the rules, what you want is for us to allow players to take the rules into their own hands. The reason we don't allow people to Revenge RDM on TTT is the same reason why we would not want to allow players to do this- it does nothing but create problems. Just like players blocking solitary are told to not block, to clear the doorway- players giving T orders should be told it is not allowed and to not give them before giving a warning shot- then killing them.

Let me give you an example to why this is a bad idea.

A few days ago I witnessed someone shoot a T in the head (no warning shot, no order) for saying "he said to goto big cage" (wasn't even giving a T order), to which I then slayed him for. When I asked him why he thought he could kill someone even for T orders, he said that you and other admins told him he could do so. Any admin that is shooting people on sight for this (not using their admin powers, no warning shot, no order to stop) and encouraging others to do the same is deliberately telling people to break our rules.

A few days ago I witnessed someone shoot a T in the head (no warning shot, no order) for saying "he said to goto big cage" (wasn't even giving a T order), to which I then slayed him for. When I asked him why he thought he could kill someone even for T orders, he said that you and other admins told him he could do so. Any admin that is shooting people on sight for this (not using their admin powers, no warning shot, no order to stop) and encouraging others to do the same is deliberately telling people to break our rules.

Yeah, I see your point there. That makes sense, I guess my logic doesn't really work with the younger generation. God Help These Kids.

• Like 5

• Content Count:  615

So T's who shout T orders can only receive a warning shot even though it is against the rules?

edit: Only asking because from my short time on JB I have been told that giving a T order is banable

Edited by tides

So T's who shout T orders can only receive a warning shot even though it is against the rules?

edit: Only asking because from my short time on JB I have been told that giving a T order is banable

No.

It's against the rules (bannable), but the only thing you guys as regulars are allowed to do is tell them to stop, if they don't stop you treat it like regular orders (warning shot then kill). If a player is habitually doing it you can also report them.

• Like 1

Reply to Thread