? servers

? players online

Recent Scam/Phishing Link

• Content Count:  150

People who do this are dumbbb.... LMAO

Thank goodness for Steam Auth and Family View, The recovery code is the only way to bypass Steam Auth unless they clone your sim card and that shit is written down on a piece of paper in my house, not left on my computer for prying eyes. A good thing to remember is, the longer and more complex your password is, the harder it is for them to brute force into your account. If you need an example, one of my now voided passwords was something along the lines of ^)L:D*K23D!!t0$9, basically I just smashed my face on the keyboard and wrote it down. Changing your passwords frequently will also help, and as I said I also use Family View which lets me add a PIN to my steam account, so even if someone did Hijack it, they would need the PIN to even do anything other than play single player.

Just don't click on links that rando's send or your friends, stop going to these horrible gambling sites they are all a scam and will just take your skins because that's how gambling works, and just generally be safe. If you have to ask yourself "is this link safe" then just don't clickity doodah all over it and you'll be fine. Out of my entire time using a PC, I've never had it hijacked or had any issues with someone stealing any account I own.

Edited by Snootch

• Content Count:  2579

And you should also change the passwords of any other websites that are linked to that password.

Every password. Thing is, many viruses are keyloggers and won't only steal your steam account but EVERYTHING you log onto. They can and WILL record every login you do until you've disabled the said virus. If you're caught, there are no way to know if you're in shit or not. They're real hard to spot and destroy for a lot of AV, that's why All T's suggested a factory reset, since it's the only way to be 100% safe.

People who do this are dumbbb.... LMAO

I don't know if you're talking about the guys doing the phish or the victims...

If there are people sending those links, it's because the scam is working and profitable. Else they'd just stop. As for the victims, it's so easy to get caught. Any uninformed newbie can click on a link like that, thinking they're making bank with the free money offered by these idiots. I remember this being a trend when CSGO gambling wasn't a thing and CSGOLounge had launched. Bots would add you, linking their "main/vault account" a steam-looking link like "steemcommunity" or "steamcomunity" to steal your login and pass.

Please, everyone, we all have cellphones. Activate Steam Guard with the Auth on. It saves lives, even if you're bothered by the code at every login.

Reply to Thread