? servers

? players online

E3 2018 Recap and Discussion Megathread

• Content Count:  4441

Ok should we speculate Elder Scrolls 6 here or in a new thread?

Not a lot to speculate about with such a small trailer and no leaks, I doubt they have even 2% of the game actually finished or even fully fleshed-out. I've seen some reddit posts narrowing down the location of the game, but even then it's really possible that they're all wrong and the location showcased is simply new. The whole announcement of Starfield and Elder Scrolls 6 was just a "Hey, we know you guys are really wanting these games and we want you to know that they're on their way". They're both 2-3 years out at the very least, which is an absolutely insane amount of time. With that being said Todd Howard has said many times that Starfield, Fallout 76, and Elderscrolls (didn't mention them by name, but based on release time and IP) are supposed to be the most out-there, massive undertakings they've ever done so I would be surprised if each didn't build a bit off the others.

The new Elder-scrolls is going to likely be nuts, and will probably be one of the first Bethesda games ever where they don't sacrifice things for the sake of part A, B, C of the game being better. I think it'll mirror Skyrim except it'll build on it's shortcomings and take what they've learned in their other games since it. Things like shitty dialogue that doesn't change, the different stories not affecting each other by much, some of the combat is just boring IMO, the companions were just very plain-ish (something they've worked on in Fallout 4), as much as they worked on making the caves more dynamic they felt really repetitive for me. I think the other thing they should really rehaul is the dogshit spell/leveling system, I hated navigating that shit so much and I hope they make something a bit more innovative but friendly. From Fallout 76 being full-on multiplayer and many Skyrim coop/multiplayer mods over the past couple years I'm going to go out on a limb and say that the game will be able to at the very least be coop.

In terms of pure excitement I think Fallout 76 can actually become an amazing game, if not the best game released from Bethesda-ever. If they really make use of the beta to make meaningful changes I think it could completely rewrite the survival genre by showing that if you implement the right game mechanics and restrictions it can make the survival genre a lot closer to RPG-type games. Going to make my own mega-post in the Fallout 76 thread for it and try to reflect on a lot of shit relating to that aswell as some speculation.

• Like 1

• Content Count:  77

Last of Us: Part II

I liked the gameplay a lot. The cool-as-shit sneaking, the returning crafts and weapon menu, the parkour, and crawling under stuff was super dope. TBH tho, I really felt uncomfortable with Ellie's sexualiziation, especially because she was underage last game. I mean, I get that she's tryna be all grown and perhaps Joel dies and she becomes a woman this game, but it's a really fast transition from last game. I remember one of the commentators talking about the interesting relationship between Ellie and her friend, but I'm just not interested in it yet and I hope the game gives us time to love the characters before they get inevitably killed. I only hope to see a highlight on the man vs. nature(zombie) conflict, contrary to last game's man vs. man conflict. Admittedly, last game was still hella dope. Can't wait for this one!

• Content Count:  2941

E3 showcases are over boys. Lots of juicy stuff announced.

Who do you think won E3? What games are you looking forward to?

It seems Microsoft had the biggest wallet this year and got a lot of the hypest game premieres.

• Like 1

Reply to Thread