? servers

? players online

E3 2018 Recap and Discussion Megathread

• Content Count:  2941

As I've done for E3 2017, I'll be creating a recap thread that'll list every major announcement made at E3 this year. The list will ultimately be updated as announcements are made—listed chronologically—and will link to the trailer on youtube (if it has one).

E3 EXPO 2018 RECAP AND DISCUSSION MEGATHREAD

bwPix7M.png

EA Play 2018 Showcase - 6/9/18

Command & Conquer: Rivals - Official Reveal Trailer

Microsoft XBOX Briefing - 6/10/18

Forza Horizon 4 - Announcement Trailer

Bethesda E3 2018 - 6/10/18

Prey: Mooncrash – Official E3 Launch Trailer

Prey: Typhon Hunter

Fallout 76 - Power Armor Edition Trailer

Devolver Digital - 6/10/18

Square Enix E3 Showcase - 6/11/18

Just Cause 4 - Gameplay Showcase

Ubisoft E3 2018 - 6/11/18

Skull & Bones - E3 2018 Cinematic Trailer

PC Gaming Show - 6/11/18

Realm Royale

Sony PlayStation Media Showcase - 6/11/18

Nintendo Direct 2018 - 6/12/18

Pokemon: Let's Go, Pikachu/Eevee

Switch Ports/New Game Montage

• Like 13
Edited by shoiep

• Content Count:  2941

ShoieP's E3 Press Conference Rating/Ranking

Electronic Arts

2.5/10 - Too much filler, uninteresting game announcements and showcases. Subpar presentation, no lasting impact.

Microsoft

9.25/10 - Holy shit did this start out with some bangers. Halo fans rejoice. Indie fans rejoice. FromSoftware masochists rejoice. Kingdom Hearts fans rejoice. This conference was filled to the brim with surprise announcements (mostly ones you wouldn't expect to be shown at Microsoft). There were, however, some slow parts that brought things down but there were really good, fantastic, and memorable moments that brought everything back up. It was a roller-coaster of emotions from beginning to end and that Cyberpunk 2077 reveal was fan-fucking-tastic. Microsoft may have won E3 but I still have hope for the others.

Bethesda

6.25/10 - I felt like this one suffered a bit (much in the same way EA's conference did). The saving grace it had was actually having interesting games showcased. Apart from the bigger game announcements, the pacing was pretty terrible as things were too frequently brought down because of the smaller titles--COUGH*ESO*COUGH*ELDERSCROLLSLEGENDS--that not a lot of people care for (at least I didn't). They had some pretty funny self-aware moments and jokes that gave me a good chuckle. Not much to say that you don't already know. Fallout 76 and TES6 hype.

Devolver Digital

0/10 - Not a real rating as it's not supposed to be taken super seriously. It keeps on track with what Devolver did last year and will seemingly continue next year. An anti-conference at best and should be taken with a grain of salt. That said, they did show three real games. Two of which seem pretty interesting to me: My Friend Pedro (looks fun to play and I like the style it has) and Metal Wolf Chaos (early mecha-era FromSoftware game).

Square Enix

4.25/10 - I'm pretty biased for Square Enix. I would bend over for them. This conference though.. This conference has to be one of the biggest disappointments I've had in a while. Even though I lowered my expectations a bit for this conference, them having the sheer audacity to replay trailers they've already shown really grinds my gears. Yeah, they added some tidbits to the end of each trailer and showed off a bit more gameplay than they did in XBOX's showing but, that doesn't excuse just completely rehashing the trailer before it. This little video they streamed was not at all thought out and definitely does not leave a lasting impression on me. I am hyped for the games they showed but when you've already shown them before and then try to mix in new reveals with lackluster and vague teasers, it just does not create any excitement. The things they've shown were pretty much fan-service for people who already play their games. There isn't much variety in this one.

Ubisoft

8/10 - Ubisoft really surprised me with this one. The conference seemed pretty passion-felt to me. Ubisoft catered to their fans and showed games—along with really nice looking and cool CG trailers—that even piqued my interest. There were some filler announcements that hurt the pacing but everyone who came out showed a warm exuberance that kept everything cozy. The live band performance with Grant Kirkhope was a nice touch as well. For the first time in a while, I am genuinely interested in an Assassin's Creed game and can't wait to see what they show leading up to its release. Overall, it was a pretty nice conference bar some haltering announcements here and there.

PC Gaming Show

5.5/10 - Honestly, a very mediocre show. That said, there was nothing amazing about this showcase but, there was nothing abhorrently terrible either. The host had a professional presence on stage and spoke very well. They showed a nice variety of games fitting many different genres. The announcements equally interested and bored me. Pacing suffered from very long interviews but it's what I expected from the PC Gaming Show. Ultimately, still better than EA.

Sony

9/10 - The beginning was painfully slow but afterwards, much like the XBOX showcase, it was non-stop with the bangers. I'm interested in almost every game they showed and can't wait to not be able to have the money or time to purchase and play them all. They showed things I wanted to see and surprised me with many others. I'm completely biased towards these games and loved almost every second of what I saw. That said, the amount of hype that the XBOX conference generated compared to Sony was just a tad bit higher. At this rate, Microsoft may be in the clear as the winner of E3.

Nintendo

7.75/10 - SUPER SMASH BROTHERS ULTIMATE. As a Smash fan, this direct catered to me. There's so much shit about Smash to get excited for but then there's so little else that I really cared for. Waifu RPG got a DLC update and Waifu Collector Tactics got a new game. My main draws weren't shown (Story of Seasons/Animal Crossing/etc.). This showcase was pretty direct and quick to show games but, it seems like they really poured all of their focus onto Smash Bros. For that reason, Nintendo doesn't score as highly as the others.

• Like 12
Edited by shoiep

• Content Count:  4441

EA's conference a complete fucking joke besides the nice German Lady who looks like she has a lot of passion for her game. Other than that really just the classic EA dogshit and the unsurprising SJW Bioware dogshit game narrated by a braindead Vision from the Avengers with awful dialogue.

Waiting for Bethesda's conference tomorrow with dick in hand, only thing that matters to me- everything else likely to be the continuous flow of mainstream garbage with a few decent titles from Indie-type developers.

• Content Count:  1619

Oh god EA was awful this year. Damage control for what should've been your biggest or one of your biggest releases ever shouldn't be a priority at E3.

I went in with little to no expectations and I was still disappointed.

Reply to Thread