? servers

? players online

Minecraft Event

• Content Count:  85

Bump. I'd seriously love to see this happen. I've got experience helping manage these servers and would be willing to help any way I can. Any updates on whether this is gonna be a thing?

• Content Count:  1028

What sort of gamemode or event would you guys like to see based around minecraft?

couple of ideas ive had is:

Mineplex minigames private lobby

Minecraft PrisonBreak Maps

Build Battle

Enderdragon Race

Or just fucking around in a server with everyone for a bit with some basic rules

I've still got legend on mineplex if that helps out so I can make a lobby ;)

• Like 1

What sort of gamemode or event would you guys like to see based around minecraft?

couple of ideas ive had is:

Mineplex minigames private lobby

Minecraft PrisonBreak Maps

Build Battle

Enderdragon Race

Or just fucking around in a server with everyone for a bit with some basic rules

I'd love to see the prison break maps, build battle, ender dragon race, and the fucking around on a server with some basic rules personally. It'd be cool to have this all on a private server thats configured so upon login you can be transported to whatever mini game or game mode you want to play. As for fucking around or whatever maybe just having a vanilla world for people to play on would be fun. The only issue I foresee with that is allowing anyone who wants to join can cause a lot of chaos and Minecraft is a lot harder to control as you do not receive logs necessarily of who does what like in the CS:GO SG servers. Obviously having some rules to keep people from going around ruining the game for others would be a good start, but in my experience in running smaller scale servers I found that having a whitelist makes SMP (Survival multiplayer) servers run so much smoother. I think it'd be neat to just have a central server where players connect to as I stated, and from there they can navigate to whatever mini game they'd like, and then there could maybe be a SMP server for accepted applicants to play on so as to avoid getting random trolls and greifers and whatnot joining the SMP.

Just my thoughts and ideas please critique anything I say, I wanna make this work and succeed.

• Content Count:  2162

I'd love to see the prison break maps, build battle, ender dragon race, and the fucking around on a server with some basic rules personally. It'd be cool to have this all on a private server thats configured so upon login you can be transported to whatever mini game or game mode you want to play. As for fucking around or whatever maybe just having a vanilla world for people to play on would be fun. The only issue I foresee with that is allowing anyone who wants to join can cause a lot of chaos and Minecraft is a lot harder to control as you do not receive logs necessarily of who does what like in the CS:GO SG servers. Obviously having some rules to keep people from going around ruining the game for others would be a good start, but in my experience in running smaller scale servers I found that having a whitelist makes SMP (Survival multiplayer) servers run so much smoother. I think it'd be neat to just have a central server where players connect to as I stated, and from there they can navigate to whatever mini game they'd like, and then there could maybe be a SMP server for accepted applicants to play on so as to avoid getting random trolls and greifers and whatnot joining the SMP.

Just my thoughts and ideas please critique anything I say, I wanna make this work and succeed.

As of now, Id be wanting to just get a small server we can use for events to host, and not anything long term seeing as we have a bad history of minecraft servers, and Id be more wanting to ease into it with some regular events going on. Itd be a bit difficult to set up the whole thing with different gamemodes, and as you stated, maintaining peace and order on the server.

That's where hosting things as just a timely event comes into play, where we can just have a fun time for a day or two doing one of these various things on the server every now and again. My way of seeing this is more easing the community into the game and seeing where our current playerbase stands with it, as we would need a successful server to keep it going

As of now, Id be wanting to just get a small server we can use for events to host, and not anything long term seeing as we have a bad history of minecraft servers, and Id be more wanting to ease into it with some regular events going on. Itd be a bit difficult to set up the whole thing with different gamemodes, and as you stated, maintaining peace and order on the server.

That's where hosting things as just a timely event comes into play, where we can just have a fun time for a day or two doing one of these various things on the server every now and again. My way of seeing this is more easing the community into the game and seeing where our current playerbase stands with it, as we would need a successful server to keep it going

I see that crystal clear and I totally agree. I think personally an efficient and easy to set up event to kick it off would likely be the ender dragon race event or the prison break event. Neither of those really require much setting up its more just about getting it out there to the players of SG and others and having enough people show up to the event. They would be relatively easy to run and both be a lot of fun I think.

• Like 1

Reply to Thread