? servers

? players online

Racism Rule

• Content Count:  64

I just want to say that we don't instantly ban people for racism. Admins are to follow to a protocol for such things; not just straight up banning for one small slip up and would fall under as an unfair ban. Along with Jewish people, either a race or a religion, we follow anti Semitism under harassment as well. Yeah people joke and laughs about it, but when it gets to the point of people actually getting harassed, we take care of the situation. Racism isn't just pointed to black people, it's pointed to all races. Just... Like... Your... Name... and profile picture...

Wrong, if somebody started screaming nigg** in the microphone or played "Alabama Nigg**" via SLAM, they would get insta banned.

• Content Count:  586

Wrong, if somebody started screaming nigg** in the microphone or played "Alabama Nigg**" via SLAM, they would get insta banned.

Can't tell if you're being serious... There's a difference between saying the n word once and screaming that shit in your mic while playing a song with racial slurs. If you're mic spamming that shit, it's obvious you have the intention to break rules and ruin gameplay.

Edited by Will.

• Content Count:  5377

Can't tell if you're being serious... There's a difference between saying the n word once and screaming that shit in your mic while playing a song with racial slurs. If you're mic spamming that shit, it's obvious you have the intention to break rules and ruin gameplay.

he's like 14 bro. doesn't understand nuances like that yet.

• Like 5

• Content Count:  5377

Okay Mr. Adultman.

If you seriously can't see the difference between screaming the n word into your mic and accidentally dropping it into a conversation then I really can't help you.

Obviously racism is against the rules and you are discouraged from saying it, but, if people aren't receiving at least one warning before further action is taken when they're not obviously griefing then you're more than welcome to make an admin complaint for not following protocol.

I was serious about PMing me that name change btw.

• Like 8

• Content Count:  4441

I completely agree with you, but it's not an SG thing as much as it's a people thing in general. In the US and western world racism against black people in specific is basically up their in the ladder of the worst kind person you can be. Racism against other races isn't taken as seriously because people are starting to genuinely believe the rhetoric that because black people were slaves X years ago that we should have to pay a tax to make up for it (also known as a reparations tax). I wouldn't say that this is generating more or even equivalent hate towards the other races but the amount of "you're a white male" and identity politics being thrown around nowadays is absurd. This isn't just "wow I'm white look at me", this bleeds over to almost every other race because there seems to be a tier of oppression in the eyes of many. The assumption is that if you're a black male you're less oppressed than the genderless black woman who also happens to be a single mother. To wrap this around, people are starting to accept absurd standards to what is racist and how bad x vs y is rather than just saying "you know this is all bad". This is a tangible thing happening in regards to school quotas, public service job test/acceptance and creates a blanket bogus hierarchy. I've seen admins be much more harsh on racism against Blacks then Asians, Whites and Hispanics- it's a complete double standard and isn't acceptable if SG means for people like you to take the rules seriously. I don't think your name is a complete testament to this, but I would be really hard to convince that if your name was "I am a dirty monkey" with a picture of a black person it wouldn't have gotten someone's attention ages ago. I think there's also the angle where there is some ambiguity in the rules about relation between names and avatars as to whether it is comparable and fair for an admin to judge it that way.

Just my 2 cents.

• Like 3

• Content Count:  678

dunno if this thread has gone to memedom or not yet, but @I Eat Dog doesn't seem to care much about the thread, so I'm not going to care to write an original response.

I believe, at the end of the day, we are all here to have fun. Honestly, when it comes to what people are saying on the servers, the only time an admin should interfere is when something that was said stops someone else from having fun.

Reply to Thread