? servers

? players online

Remembering 9-11

• Content Count:  2903

On September 11th 2001, The United States of America was shaken in an instant. People living their everyday lives woke up on that morning expecting the usual routine. That was until 8:46 AM, when American Airlines Flight 11 collided into the North Tower of the World Trade Center, after being hijacked by terrorists.

nt_fire1141.jpg

The building was immediately evacuated, however people on the upper floors, trapped by the fires jumped to their deaths.

9:02 AM. United Airlines Flight 175 impacts the South Tower, just between the 78th and 84th floors, again after being hijacked.

southtower.jpg

Only eight minutes later, the FAA has been notified that United Airlines Flight 93 has been hijacked.

American Airlines Flight 77 was confirmed hijacked at 9:24, and by 9:37, Flight 77 was reported to have impacted the Pentagon's west side.

pentagon-aerial.jpg

By 10:06 AM, seismic readings had picked up that United 93 had crashed just outside of Shanksville, Pennsylvania.

crater_ap.jpg

Total Fatalities:

WTC -- 2819 NYC Medical Examiner / 2823 NYC Police

Pentagon -- 189

United Airlines Flight 93 / Shanksville, Pennsylvania -- 44

NYC Firefighters -- 343

Port Authority Of New York And New Jersey Police -- 37

NYC Police -- 23

Total -- 3052 or 3056

This day will always be remembered, for those who seek to attack the United States do not know the full power we contain to strike back at people who commit acts of terror. I would like to share this video that was sent to me a week after 9-11:

XyAxsSLjwUA

Let us all remember this day, for the honor of those attacked, the ones fighting to protect this nation, and for the sake of coming together to take pride in our country. I would like to close this with an excerpt from George W. Bush's statement on September 11th.

This is a day when all Americans from every walk of life unite in our resolve for justice and peace. America has stood down enemies before, and we will do so this time. None of us will ever forget this day. Yet, we go forward to defend freedom and all that is good and just in our world.

Thank you. Good night, and God bless America.

firemen-flag-9-11-2001-b.jpg

-Modgers

• Content Count:  2903

To hell with you. This was a tragic day that should not be forgotten. I take pride in my country, and all I am trying to do is respect the people that lost their lives on that day. I have a brother currently serving in the military as well, and not a day goes by that I don't pray for his safety.

-Modgers

Edited by Modgers1

• Content Count:  382

i know its another post about 9-11 but you gotta remember that some people were more affected by this then others. i hate to say this but. if you dont have something nice to say then dont say anything at all.

• Content Count:  49

i know its another post about 9-11 but you gotta remember that some people were more affected by this then others. i hate to say this but. if you dont have something nice to say then dont say anything at all.

Definately agreed flowrida :d

• Content Count:  2445

Great. This years obligatory 9-11 post. Can we move on now?

I don't insult people seriously that much, but a big fuck you to you Jesstilence. Don't fucking post if you don't give a shit about this "obligatory" topic, you sarcastic fucking asshole. You're just being a troll, go back under your bridge and don't post in this topic again.

Sorry for taking away from the focus of the topic, but I had to say that. God bless all those who died in those terrible attacks and God bless America.

• Content Count:  2051

Great. This years obligatory 9-11 post. Can we move on now?

Nobody asked you to read it and nobody asked you to post a douchebag of a response in the topic, if you seriously don't give a fuck, then go do something else instead of posting in it.

Reply to Thread