? servers

? players online

Remembering 9-11

• Content Count:  903

I am here to pay my respects to all the brother and sisters I lost on that horrible day. I feel pain for the families that lost their loved ones in that tragical morning on September 11th, 2008. Also I feel anger for the terrorists that took their lives. For as long as I live, I will remember! Not only me but the whole world will. God Bless America!

P.S.

I hope that the terrorists who have been unsuccessful in any of their evil plans shall live, not be executed! They should be locked in a concrete cell to never see the light of day and the shine of start again, never hear a humans voice.

• Content Count:  2115

To hell with you. This was a tragic day that should not be forgotten. I take pride in my country, and all I am trying to do is respect the people that lost their lives on that day. I have a brother currently serving in the military as well, and not a day goes by that I don't pray for his safety.

-Modgers

Agreed. Absolutely agreed. We should be proud about what WE Americans have, what hundreds of thousands of people sacrificed their life for: A free America. We shall always rember those who died on that day.

Oh, say! can you see by the dawn's early light

What so proudly we hailed at the twilight's last gleaming;

Whose broad stripes and bright stars, through the perilous fight,

O'er the ramparts we watched were so gallantly streaming?

And the rocket's red glare, the bombs bursting in air,

Gave proof through the night that our flag was still there:

Oh, say! does that star-spangled banner yet wave

O'er the land of the free and the home of the brave?

On the shore, dimly seen through the mists of the deep,

Where the foe's haughty host in dread silence reposes,

What is that which the breeze, o'er the towering steep,

As it fitfully blows, half conceals, half discloses?

Now it catches the gleam of the morning's first beam,

In fully glory reflected now shines in the stream:

'Tis the star-spangled banner! Oh, long may it wave

O'er the land of the free and the home of the brave!

And where is that band who so vauntingly swore

That the havoc of war and the battle's confusion

A home and a country should leave us no more?

Their blood has washed out their foul footsteps' pollution!

No refuge could save the hireling and slave

From the terror of flight or the gloom of the grave:

And the star-spangled banner in triumph doth wave

O'er the land of the free and the home of the brave.

Oh, thus be it ever, when freemen shall stand

Between their loved home and the war's desolation!

Blest with victory and peace, may the heav'n-rescued land

Praise the Power that hath made and preserved us a nation!

Then conquer we must, when our cause it is just,

And this be our motto: "In God is our trust":

And the star-spangled banner in triumph shall wave

O'er the land of the free and the home of the brave.

• Content Count:  2959

Shame they've quite obviously died in vain and that 9/11 was an absolute success for bin laden, but there's an election coming up so hopefully whoever wins we'll still get a chance to fix that. That we've used their deaths as an excuse to spit on their graves is almost as great a tragedy as the original incident.

• Content Count:  196

I don't even know how people joke about 9/11 and how the towers fell - I'm specifically talking about the online GIFs (fresh prince comes to mind). You've really got to have a black heart to even joke about it. It's over and we have moved on, yep, but to stomp on the hearts of the loved ones of those who died is just sad and disrespectful. It's not a joke to them.

• Content Count:  2903

Thank you all for your support for this thread. When it comes to posting things like these on the internet, you never know what the reaction might be. Thank you for your wishes, and God Bless America.

-Modgers

• Content Count:  2306

Now where exactly was 93 headed to?

Never truely confirmed. Bin Laden prefered the White House, but agreed on the Capital as a secondary target since the White Houses' small size would make it nearly impossible to hit with such a large plane.

In a last call one of the hijackers from the plane confirmed the Capital as their intended target, but that doesn;t make it necesarily true.

• Content Count:  269

Jes, I posted those pictures to show the truth of what happened. This WAS a horrific event. I'm not going to post the sugar-coated hologram pictures, or the memorial. People like you need to be reminded as to how tragic an event this was. This was NOTHING like Pearl Harbor. Sure, it was an attack, but this was on INNOCENT people, not a military target. I think we all want to move on, but I'm not the only person who brings it up every year. Watch CNN for about 15 minutes if you need to be reminded that other Americans are honoring this day.

-Modgers

Modgers, I mean this respectfully, but did you even read my post?

People like me need to be reminded? Oh, so I guess the people who have big enough of a heart to think of what the families have to see and go through every year need to be reminded how tragic it was. I SAID it was tragic and I expressed the sorrow I feel for the families. I didn't say anything to make you think that I don't think it was tragic. My first comment was taken as an insult to the event because it was read in a different tone than it was meant. Yeah I shouldn't have been so blunt but I didn't feel like typing out a wall of text like I ended up doing anyway to explain myself.

I also never said it was just you saying these things. How would you feel if you lost someone you loved and had to be bombarded with painful memories brought on by people you don't even know each year all day on the anniversery of it? I know I wouldn't enjoy it and I know there are people out there that don't enjoy it, some of them are my friends.

Pearl Harbor? Where did I say anything about Pearl Harbor? I mentioned the murder of Americans by other Americans but not Pearl Harbor. Which by the way since 2001 is somewhere around 100,000 or more.

Also if you want to talk about taking innocent life then you must not be taking into consideration when we dropped two atomic bombs on Japanese cities based on their size. Yeah sure it happened during a war and there were a few military posts in Hiroshima and Nagasaki but that doesn't make it right as nearly all the deaths were civillan.

I also love how I got tons of bad rep even after I explained the reasoning behind my post. My bad for having a different opinion on how the event should be remembered to help those hurt have some peace. I never said I didn't care. Apparantly I just care too much and have too strong of an opinion.

Anyway this is the last time I ever post about anything that isn't game related on these forums. Someone asked me a long time ago why I refused to say my feelings on certain subjects and this is exactly why. All it does is turn people against you when you don't have the same feeling about something as the majority on something serious.

I'm truely sorry to anyone I offended with my views.

Edited by Jesstilence

Reply to Thread