? servers

? players online

Remembering 9-11

• Content Count:  269

I don't insult people seriously that much, but a big fuck you to you Jesstilence. Don't fucking post if you don't give a shit about this "obligatory" topic, you sarcastic fucking asshole. You're just being a troll, go back under your bridge and don't post in this topic again.

Sorry for taking away from the focus of the topic, but I had to say that. God bless all those who died in those terrible attacks and God bless America.

Ok I'll bite even though you said not to post again but I can't stand what you said to me. First off, I'm not trollling. Second, how dare you accuse me of trolling a thread like this. Third, I do give a shit and thats why I said it. Last time I checked stating something I feel is valid based on my knowledge is not trolling. I will accept that this was a great tradgedy because it was. However I do not feel that is it the best thing for everyone to turn every eleventh of september into a major depression fest over it. I've been around the internet for quite some time now and I've met friends from all over. Five of them are from New York, and two of them lost a parent that day. Even one of my best highschool buddies lost his father who was a firefighter and stayed behind when they moved here, so we felt it out here. Everytime the 11th rolls around this is all they hear all day and they are sick of it. All it does is bring back painful memories. They know it happened just like everyone else knows it happened. They want to move on. They don't need to be reminded of it every year. It's bad for the nation to not move on. Keep it in your heart and in your mind, but you don't need to bring it up especially if you aren't directly involved. Most people I see posting things like this across the internet have no real connection to it yet they feel that they have to say something (hence obligatory because they feel they have to) and if that is the case modgers then I sincerely apologize and feel like a dick but since you are from Chicago I made that assumption.

Also if you think that it must be brought up, you would think that it was the worst thing that ever happened to the country or even the world with all the attention it gets. More people are murdered every year in the United States but you never hear anything about them collectively. Heck you don't even hear about most of them at all. I think it's horrible to pick one event like this and blow it out of proportion compared to the other tragic things that happen EVERY DAY on a grander scale but nobody remembers them. It's horrible. If you are going to say something about one thing then you should say something about the others.

Oh yeah and posting all the pictures. Very unnecessary. The last thing someone involved needs to see is the hell their loved ones died in.

Edited by Jesstilence

• Content Count:  6559

more people die from random shit granted, but something like this is something we can proactively prevent and I hope we as a country will continue to try and prevent.

"No real connection"..... we live in America and we were attacked, I don't see how that isn't a connection.

As someone that lives 10 minutes outside of D.C. and my girlfriend works literally across the street from the Capitol building I hope we don't take this lightly, and I think pictures to remind us of just how real the threat is are needed. Especially when it comes to making decisions on how our country protects itself.

Edited by Red

• Content Count:  269

more people die from random shit granted, but something like this is something we can proactively prevent and I hope we as a country will continue to try and prevent.

"No real connection"..... we live in America and we were attacked, I don't see how that isn't a connection.

As someone that lives 10 minutes outside of D.C. and my girlfriend works literally across the street from the Capitol building I hope we don't take this lightly, and I think pictures to remind us of just how real the threat is are needed. Especially when it comes to making decisions on how our country protects itself.

Oh, I'm not saying there isn't some connection. Yes it was an attack on us and yes we needed to step up measures to keep it from happening and I don't think we need to take it lightly. We should all know that without the reminder. As far as the pictures goes I just don't think using them as a scare tactic (which is basically what showing them to people to prove a point that we are threatened is) is worth the pain it brings to those who lost loved ones.

• Content Count:  578

God Bless America

and Jess: give the country some time to heal, remember that many people are still in the service because of this event. Maybe in a few decades we wont have to remind you of these horrors.

Reply to Thread