? servers

? players online

Bed or dead

• Content Count:  3294

if you don't have a toilet, what are you doing with your life

Just to summarize/conclude since this thread has kinda gone down the toilet , there's nothing wrong. Most people understand the saying "bed or dead" as in get on your bed or else suffer a warning shot. When this order is called out multiple CT's also chime in to say various things like these: "If you don't have a bed get on a toilet!" "Bed or neck" "Bed or deaaaaaaaaddddddddddd". The majority of the community knows how this order works, and if they don't they get it after it's been given once.

Should saying this be allowed or not? It could confuse new players to the server/JB and they might spray down people who are not on their beds in their cells (which might result in a CT ban, ban, or slay for something they got confused by)

In honesty, whenever a new player makes a mistake they're quick to apologize and slay. If they're not familiar with a rule they get notified about their mistake, and usually adapt. Of course some people just don't care and freekill but that's why we have the Player Complaint squad.

Now accepting new applicants, player complaint squad 1 member and rising :rapture:

• Like 1

• Content Count:  5674

Yeah, I get the jokes here and there but there's a lot of shitposting in a, from what I can tell, serious thread.

I understand saying this is not an issue and I definitely agree, but I would disagree if someone were to say this is allowed. I'm not going to make some large post, but I'll quote the official rules thread just to play devil's advocate and fuel discussion:

• CTs aren't allowed to enforce or create their own KOS rules! This means CT's cannot bypass warning shots for situations that call for them, despite saying otherwise.

Wouldn't "bed or dead" be creating your own KOS rule for something that wouldn't actually be KOS if it were to not be followed?

Wouldn't "bed or dead" be creating your own KOS rule for something that wouldn't actually be KOS if it were to not be followed?

Yes, it is. However I think that this rule applies to carrying out this decision. More often that not I mess around with some friends and go "I'm freekilling you next round just wait" or "WOAAAAAH did you just take TWO steps when I said one? That's it you're SOOOO dead", and it's this witty banter that keeps JB fresh and fun for me. I'm not actually going to go through with it am I, I'm just stating it. So when someone says "Bed or dead" and instead warning shoots someone for not being on a bed, they're not creating a KOS order. They're just saying something they're not going through with.

• Like 4

• Content Count:  382

I think it is a bit ridiculous if we were not allowed to say that since most of the time different people say "its bad or warming shot" or something along those lines. I understand how it may confuse newer players, but I don't think you should not be allowed to say that as most of the time everyone knows what you mean and is just a way of having fun. In con lesion I believe if you think there are new people you just say bad or ded and then don't actually murder its bad or warning shot, and I think the servers would get a lot more toxic and less fun if we start banning silly stuff like this.

Yes, it is.

they're not creating a KOS order.

You're contradicting yourself here. The rule says you can't create KOS orders, whether or not someone goes through with their KOS order doesn't matter. Saying "Woah, did you just take two steps out of your cell when I said one? You're so dead." is not an order, so it doesn't apply to the rule.

• Like 1

• Content Count:  697

I am not going to say "bed of be warning shot", "all T's get on your bed" or something along those lines when I can say 3 words "bed or dead". I have never seen this be a problem so why are you taking it to an extreme?

also technically it isn't a kos order you don't say how they are going to die or instantly

Edited by Lokibelowkey

You're contradicting yourself here. The rule says you can't create KOS orders, whether or not someone goes through with their KOS order doesn't matter. Saying "Woah, did you just take two steps out of your cell when I said one? You're so dead." is not an order, so it doesn't apply to the rule.
@Dominic

I see how this might be confusing, I myself just got confused re-reading it. What I meant to say was that I believe the rule of

• CTs aren't allowed to enforce or create their own KOS rules! This means CT's cannot bypass warning shots for situations that call for them, despite saying otherwise.

only applies to carrying out the order. I know the order says "Ct's aren't allowed to enforce or CREATE their own KOS rules!", but maybe it should change. I say this because there's a fine line between saying something, and putting action into it. In this scenario of bed or dead, you're not enforcing the order of, "you're dead if you're not on a bed". I believe the reason the order/saying was created was because it was a more fun way of giving an in-cell order. It also gives a little more of a fun vibe to the whole strict location order here location order there aspect of JB. I see nothing wrong with the current standings of the order, and while I'm all down for getting into the nitty gritty of rules and wordings I think this discussion ends here. I haven't witnessed this as too much of a problem, and while others may bear witness it definitely doesn't happen more than a few times a week. To reciprocate what I said earlier, we have a community filled with players who are quick to action. So, when these situations take place someone is quick to the rescue (Helping out, making sure everyone knows the rules [Hopefully usually being polite whilst at it]).

Sorry for the confusion again, I usually get ahead of myself in these great discussions and while I write one thing my brain is already on the next (Causing errors making it confusing).

• Like 1
Edited by TheZZL

• Content Count:  1020

If get on your bed is made to be against the rules, I'm going to have to ask you to get on MY bed or ya dead @Dominic.

In all seriousness, we increased the CT timer and this order is used a ton on our server so they should know by then to not actually enforce it as a KOS order. It's just one of those things that has became a phrase that is used constantly as a joke on our server and really wouldn't see it being a problem to keep it the way it is as I've never seen anyone actually kill someone right away for this. On the other hand, if we are for making CTs lose all means of fun, we can just remove it so the ratio can be even worse. I also just want to add this order is pretty much the only order that competes for the first order of taking a step out and facing the back as it can just roll of the tongue so easily.

• Like 1

You guys like the order and don't think there's a problem with it - I get that and I agree. My point here is that we aren't going to "remove" the order or something, it's already, by our rules, not allowed. I'm not trying to start a movement here or something by preaching "report anyone who says that!" either, I'm just giving you the facts. Wanting to change the rule that makes this not allowed is cool, that's a starter for discussion.

To put it simply, changing the rule would not make sense imo. Why would someone be able to say "If you even step a toe into big cage, you're KOS" when they can't actually do that? That just doesn't add up at all and I wouldn't be in support of a change unless I was heavily persuaded that way. This isn't me outright rejecting the idea either, I'm not the only manager and can be outvoted, but allowing that would be pretty absurd imo.

I also think there's a pretty good argument to be made with what @Takuto said about it being so vague that it isn't a reasonable order, but again, that's just me. This'll be taken to a discussion between the Jailbreak staff and we'll have an official response for you at a later date. Until then, feel free to continue posting about the original post or in response to me.

• Like 3

Reply to Thread