? servers

? players online

Surf Death Match

• Content Count:  793

While playing on Surf Death Match again with some people, I realized how broken the upgrade/level system is. Being able to survive two AWP body shots and being able to go insanely fast is very broken. As a new player on Surf Death Match, it was almost impossible to kill the higher level people. I really like Surf Death Match and find it really fun but the upgrades just take so much away from skill in it.

I think the leveling system should be only cosmetic.

• Content Count:  536

The upgrade / leveling system isn't broken. The RPG plugin is what makes that server enjoyable. I believe the server resets everyone's RPG points every couple months or so, maybe @John or @Infinityward can clarify. Yes it's very hard to kill someone who has a lot more upgrades then you but that's the whole point. Either wait for the points to reset or know who to pick your fights with.

• Like 4

• Content Count:  908

The upgrade / leveling system isn't broken. The RPG plugin is what makes that server enjoyable. I believe the server resets everyone's RPG points every couple months or so, maybe @John or @Infinityward can clarify. Yes it's very hard to kill someone who has a lot more upgrades then you but that's the whole point. Either wait for the points to reset or know who to pick your fights with.

Our thoughts exactly. The leveling system is the backbone of Surf DM. If you're having a hard time leveling up and getting kills then you need to find some lower level players to fight. Knowing which upgrades are good and which ones are bad will also help you in taking down high level players, here is a thread with all the upgrades and a brief description of what they do.

• Like 2
Edited by Infinityward

Reply to Thread