26 members have voted

1. 1. Remove points

• Remove points for damage
    • Remove points/stats entirely
    • Keep the point system
    • Keep points being added/removed for kills

Remove the jb point system

• Content Count:  796

What would you suggest the points system for Gangs be? Kills seem to be the only reasonable option.

The T-Ranks have just been around for so long, and it's a big incentive for a good amount of the Prisoners. However, I'd like to take back my statement thinking there would be a lot of "backlash", I think with the re-introduction of Gangs it could actually be fine.

From what I've heard, the Board is looking to remove a lot of rewards/not add more.

Round wins when the majority of a team is in one gang, or make them all have to survive the round as well, would convince people to join ct(make smaller ct gangs), convince people to play at odd times making the server active almost 24/7 at a higher player count than the 3 people on at 3am with me, and would also encourage teamwork from those on a gang. If anyone has any reasons why this idea wouldn't work please let me know as I haven't fully thought it out. This idea could also create different play-styles each gang has, such as trying to get as many kills as fast as possible, or trying to follow orders to make it to lr with the best chance of winning, and if admins were apt to join gangs this also might encourage admins to get on at odd times where an admin may not normally be present, to make their gang the leading gang on the team, shared points could be given if multiple max size gangs are on each team, obviously nolifes on one team will win but it worked the same for individuals, and more often than not nolifes would be held down by atleast one player that has commitments outside csgo.

I really wish anyone who wouldn't like this would respond with why, or forever hold their piece, I'm not quite sure they exist on the forums, if not the servers.

Nix the rank idea and maybe give them access to a shop item or tag before their name, there's tons of possible ways to commemorate(get those clinging to ranks to shut up about) in game ranks in a system that gets removed.

Edited by Nate S

• Content Count:  568

The point system encourages rebeling off the bat of the round, which turns the server into more ffa type gameplay, in my opinion, I'd like to gauge others opinions on this as it seems a few others agree, I know the tech team worked hard coding(or downloading idk) the point plugin, but maybe less people on total, with tons less only playing for points is a good thing.

Not officially suggesting this in any capacity, I'd just like to see what people think, I'm still not 100% sure where exactly I even stand.

(Last option supposed to be for a rework of how points work, but keeping the idea of points for kills/deaths, couldn't fit in the box tho.)

The point system indeed makes the T's want to rebel but what fun is it going to be if the T's just sit following every single "crouch walk no jumping order to everyplace" and not get rewarded for rebelling. This would cause anger to people that have actual tried to reach the top such as chy who hasnt slept for a few hours every day to just reach 8000 points.

• Like 1

• Content Count:  625

I think that making gang points the main "goal" for Ts would definitely be more interesting compared to grinding your ass off every day on T side just to get points and destroy the CT team. With people like me and chy on the top, with me being 1000+ points from the third place and chy being a whole damn almost 5000+ points from me, it really lets people down who want to be at the top.

Reviving gangs should also bring updates to the system. I'm not sure how to system works as when I had come back it was already broken, but I believe that the system gives points off of kills (if I'm wrong feel free to correct me). Possibly having a score multiplier based on how many gang members are online, and having a gang member cap can help Ts create their own rebelling groups to try to aim for the top. There could also be additional points earned based on round survival, winning LRs (if possible), etc. I think that the gangs plugin has a lot of potential and could take over the current leaderboard that encourages monotonous grinding over long periods of time.

• Like 1

• Content Count:  417

So it seems like the general consensus in this thread from even the top rebellers is that we want to get rid of T-side points + fixes to the gang plugin, but the polls, from where they are right now, look a little different. If you care just a little, put your opinions in, as it almost always helps discussion.

• Like 1

Only issue with removing the whole point system is how would you distinguish how the T's get points for gangs? Removing the point system would be contradicting the point system for gangs lmao.

• Like 1

• Content Count:  796

The point system indeed makes the T's want to rebel but what fun is it going to be if the T's just sit following every single "crouch walk no jumping order to everyplace" and not get rewarded for rebelling. This would cause anger to people that have actual tried to reach the top such as chy who hasnt slept for a few hours every day to just reach 8000 points.

chy said he'd have no problem with replacing points with gangs, i keep seeing people say other people would be mad, but nobody actually seems mad, if you wouldn't personally be upset by this, don't assume others will be, I think top point scorers are more open to this idea than many people think, please comment as to why you're voting to keep the point system if you vote that way, actually comment no matter what you vote as many opinions are possible helps imo.

@Vanya I def agree with the point multiplier idea, and I also very much agree that kills alone might not be the best way to measure points for gangs. @RemixedPixel another person I wholeheartedly agree with, I feel as if some people might be voting that way because they feel top rebellers would be mad, but THE top rebeller isn't, and nobody else has commented about why they think it would be a terrible idea.

@Amazing how would measuring gang points by round wins and what amount of a full size gang is on, if it was measured by kills I could see where you're coming from, but I feel as if the teamwork would take precedent over the current ffa type playstyle, and I feel as if using teamwork is one of the most important and fun ways to play on jb. Many people won't fully even be able to understand until they start fucking around with boosts with a t buddy, a simple boost from top of big cage to one way on a vipinthemix type map will change the entire course of a round, basically allowing you free uninterrupted access to opening armory.

I honestly feel like teamwork with gangs would shift the meta from "hope I spawn in awp secret cell and gun down 5 gcts when they leave armory", to "my and my t buddy are gonna work together to rebel no matter what cells we spawn in using boosts and good movement,

I just woke up grammar is gonna be poop and so is spelling/punctuation, so please try and decipher this at your own risk, will probably edit it into something that makes sense later today when I'm more awake, but for now you get the point

• Content Count:  5674

Negating the lack of vocal opposition to this idea, we can't sit here and act like that means no one will be mad. The plugin has been on the server for more than four years and it was introduced about a year after the server's initial release. I have no doubt that there are people who take pride in their rank and go on the server with the sole intention of increasing it. The plugin is undoubtedly a motivator for people to play, as most ranking systems are. We have ranking systems on pretty much all of our servers. However, I'd argue that it isn't the right motivation for playing and that you should remove it and deal with the temporary anger from those players.

The plugin makes no sense. It's akin to one you'd find on an FFA server or something of that sort. Jailbreak is a roleplay mod and people are grinding for points as opposed to actually roleplaying. Gangs makes much more sense, though it's still a ranking system. It arguably ties into the gamemode. The motivation to play T side should shift from wanting to get kills to purely wanting to play as a T; do deathgames, minigames, start riots, etc. That's when Jailbreak is fun. You go to these other servers and the T side seemingly finds their enjoyment from doing stuff like this as opposed to grinding for a rank.

I'd actually argue that the gangs plugin should also be changed from counting things like kills and assists to purely counting playtime from the gang's members. Change it so the gang name shows up on the leaderboard in their clantag and now you have a simple system for people to represent their gang while also having a motivation to grind to get their gang to the top by playing the server. The CT rank system is the CT-side equivalent and now you've completely balanced the motivation for playing each side. You might actually end up with people wanting to play CT side more which could end up with a surplus of CT players.

Haven't made a post in a hot minute but I'd have a lot of faith in this somewhat monumental change I stated above.

• Like 8

• Content Count:  162

Yea I wouldn't mind if the points got removed and the gangs plugin was reworked or reset or something like that. I didn't care about my ranks and points until a few weeks ago because I realized I was closing in on top 10.

No matter what changes I will still rebel and try and kill cts every round lmao.

• Like 1

• Content Count:  625

The plugin makes no sense. It's akin to one you'd find on an FFA server or something of that sort. Jailbreak is a roleplay mod and people are grinding for points as opposed to actually roleplaying. Gangs makes much more sense, though it's still a ranking system. It arguably ties into the gamemode. The motivation to play T side should shift from wanting to get kills to purely wanting to play as a T; do deathgames, minigames, start riots, etc. That's when Jailbreak is fun. You go to these other servers and the T side seemingly finds their enjoyment from doing stuff like this as opposed to grinding for a rank.

I'd actually argue that the gangs plugin should also be changed from counting things like kills and assists to purely counting playtime from the gang's members. Change it so the gang name shows up on the leaderboard in their clantag and now you have a simple system for people to represent their gang while also having a motivation to grind to get their gang to the top by playing the server. The CT rank system is the CT-side equivalent and now you've completely balanced the motivation for playing each side. You might actually end up with people wanting to play CT side more which could end up with a surplus of CT players.

I only grinded points in the early days of the reset to bring a name for myself, and I actually enjoy grinding for CT time more than T points. Grinding for CT time has a lot less variables and rewards players not for their skill, but for their dedication to the server. I definitely agree with the fact that the gangs plugin could change how people play the server, and it will be a lot less troublesome to play CT side.

Jailbreak is definitely fun on T side based on all its aspects, not just rebelling. Maybe there is a way to either periodically give points every 10 or so minutes of connection time, or just count the time, but with the current issues of the WACK JB time counter it may be hard to use. I still stand behind my suggestion of adding a multiplier based on the number of clan members online, as that would boost co-operation and playtime to reach the top of the leaderboards. However, people may just stop rebelling all together as there really would be no incentive to get kills; they may just make the rounds boring as the Ts would just stay alive until a deathgame or something (and with every round resulting in usually the same deathgame every round, it gets repetitive). Maybe there is a way to implement a point system in gangs that is mainly based on playtime, but still rewards for kills and stuff (as some people enjoy the current points system and may burn out and just leave the server).

The things that make SG's JB unique are its unique set of rules and generally T-sided gameplay. I don't want to see the server drift too much towards the gameplay of other servers, we should still encourage rebelling but also definitely reward playtime by implementing the gangs plugin to revolutionize the ranking system that currently promotes monotony.

• Like 1
Edited by splayd

I only grinded points in the early days of the reset to bring a name for myself, and I actually enjoy grinding for CT time more than T points. Grinding for CT time has a lot less variables and rewards players not for their skill, but for their dedication to the server. I definitely agree with the fact that the gangs plugin could change how people play the server, and it will be a lot less troublesome to play CT side.

Jailbreak is definitely fun on T side based on all its aspects, not just rebeling. Maybe there is a way to either periodically give points every 10 or so minutes of connection time, or just count the time, but with the current issues of the WACK JB time counter it may be hard to use. I still stand behind my suggestion of adding a multiplier based on the number of clan members online, as that would boost co-operation and playtime to reach the top of the leaderboards. However, people may just stop rebelling all together as there really would be no incentive to get kills; they may just make the rounds boring as the Ts would just stay alive until a deathgame or something (and with every round resulting in usually the same deathgame every round, it gets repetitive). Maybe there is a way to implement a point system in gangs that is mainly based on playtime, but still rewards for kills and stuff (as some people enjoy the current points system and may burn out and just leave the server).

The things that make SG's JB unique are its unique set of rules and generally T-sided gameplay. I don't want to see the server drift too much towards the gameplay of other servers, we should still encourage rebelling but also definitely reward playtime by implementing the gangs plugin to revolutionize the ranking system that currently promotes monotony.

I mean we can go on about what to suggest for the point system for gangs, but the reason that solo points would be so much more rewarding than gang points would be for the reason that it shows a certain players dedication and skill rather than a whole groups with gangs. Also, I dont feel that gangs would encourage rebelling because for example there can be 10/20 people in a specific gang, but if its based on kills you can have Chy and then 19 people that barely get kills and if its based off of time you can have 20 people that are not the best at the game but just only play JB so if this idea gets implemented they should just find a way that its more based off of skill rather than just time or kills because both of those can be obtained easily by 20 people at the same time.

Reply to Thread