? servers

? players online

Respecting the youngins...

• Content Count:  1051

If you don't know me, which a lot of you won't; I'm lynxie! Okay that's all you need to know.

Know for the topic at hand! 

I'm a TTT regular, and there is always an influx of kids on the server, and to be fair. A strong amount of players harass them because of their age or voice. And to that, I say relax? You used to be there, think of them as yourself.

I have been as understanding as I possibly could to work with these "kids" to make them feel welcomed, and I feel like a strong majority of us should do the same!

I understand not everyone will change, toxic people will continue to live, yadda yadda yadda; but if you seperate from the "bad" people, give people a chance. Some of us are bound to have kids one day, and being a parent is worse than meeting an online kid.

Did I go off topic? Maybe. Eh- still, as I'm saying; help the kids out and see them as a person, don't put down their mood or emotions because its funny. Cause YOU could be the reason they have issues. And I think we should be a bit more relaxed with them. 

They are still maturing, help them down that path!

Also, for the people on JB, I get it might be annoying to hear a full server of kids yelling commands, KOS's, freedamage or even free kills, but you can just say, "Relax.", "Calm down, we got it." That makes a huge difference.

Love's and hugs from your favorite non-furry friend, lynxie!

• Like 4
Edited by lynxie
Added Statement.

• Content Count:  4799

It is more the overexcited high pitch screaming that gets to me in any game. While I think that people of all ages should feel welcome in our community, it would be nice for them to also be considerate towards existing members. To any young member who have not had their voice change: just talk in a calm and relaxed manner, it does help.

• Like 4
Edited by SilentGuns

• Content Count:  5381

I help the youth by being an asshole to them so that we can give negative reinforcement when they're displaying undesirable actions.

If you're a normal chill kid I don't have a problem. If you're obnoxious you're gonna get bullied until you stop.

Example:  @TheZZL

• Like 12
Edited by delirium

8 minutes ago, SilentGuns said:

It is more the overexcited high pitch screaming that gets to me in any game. While I think that people of all ages should feel welcome in our community, it would be nice for them to also be considerate towards existing members. To any young member who has not had their voice change: just talk in a calm and relaxed manner, it does help.

You are entire correct on this!

A way to help them with the screaming all be it, would be to defuse them after the fact, since you can't predict them yelling until witnessing doing that. If they love a community, they'll do whatever it takes to stay and be welcomed! So a little advice would always do justice!

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, delirium said:

I help the youth by being an asshole to them so that we can give negative reinforcement when they're displaying undesirable actions.

If you're a normal chill kid I don't have a problem. If you're obnoxious you're gonna bullied until you stop.

Example:  @TheZZL

Why was this hilarious to me. Hey man, you do you!

• Content Count:  870

Are we talking about fucking cyber bullying now , if they fail at life they fail and that is that just simple instructions you succeed you succeed , you fail you fail easy , if you gonna scream on them 1st your harrassing them , 2nd your mic spamming , 3rd ima call the fbi :P

• Like 1

• Content Count:  5381

4 minutes ago, Yoddr said:

Are we talking about fucking cyber bullying now , if they fail at life they fail and that is that just simple instructions you succeed you succeed , you fail you fail easy , if you gonna scream on them 1st your harrassing them , 2nd your mic spamming , 3rd ima call the fbi :P

Another example of someone who needs negative reinforcement

• Like 11

5 minutes ago, Yoddr said:

I mean, as much as I dont tend to look at cyber bullying, their life isn't set when they are a kid. It's their own life after the fact. Where they go in life is up to them as they grow. But until then.. they are probably gonna stay kids.

But no need to harass them online for no reason.

Reply to Thread