? servers

? players online

Discord Private Channel Suggestion

• Content Count:  1920

Heyo,

I think it would be cool if there was a way to tell who is the owner of a certain private channel. I know that when you do .claim, you're given control over the channel, so I assume there is some way to display that via a temp rank? It would be useful with knowing who to ping when you want to be let into a channel, see if the channel is claimed by anyone in it, etc.

• Like 1

• Content Count:  569

I personally don’t know how the bot works however there are some easy ways to find out who to ping to get in the channel. For example, if you see someone who is currently in the channel and whoever permitted them you would @ the person who permitted them assuming that it’s their channel. Other examples are the name of the channel sometimes owners change the name of the channel others don’t I usually leave like as “Amazing’s Channel” but for example Mikey would make his “Trazz made me racist” so I would @ mikey to be allowed in. I don’t know how the bot works so I wouldn’t know how it would distribute/make a temporary role for the owner and I would think it’s an awful lot easier looking for whoever got pinged to be let into the channel by scrolling up rather than looking into everyone in the channel roles.

Edited by Amazing

• Content Count:  154

You could just ping one person in the channel to see whos the owner. But if there're willing to do this they can make a bot or get an existing bot to tell you who the channel owner is which really wouldn't be necessary but if you want that its always an option. 

• Content Count:  2162

2 minutes ago, Ethann said:

If I'm not mistaken the SG Discord uses Privatus as their voice channel bot, which @Cept For Her coded. Default channels do say who the owner is, but this does seem like an idea that could work.

Not sure what the best way to do it is, but I can probably add a command like .owner <Channel> to see who owns a channel. 

I dont get to work on the bot too much since Im balancing school, SG, and personal life so it might take a week or two before I get to this.

• Like 2

• Content Count:  1030

1 minute ago, Cept For Her said:

Not sure what the best way to do it is, but I can probably add a command like .owner <Channel> to see who owns a channel. 

I dont get to work on the bot too much since Im balancing school, SG, and personal life so it might take a week or two before I get to this.

Another way you could do it is by creating a role that is "Channel Owner" or something along the lines of that, and when someone creates a private channel they are temporarily assigned the "Channel Owner" role. Then, when they leave the channel the role is removed from them. I guess maybe as well you could have .claim also assign the role but it's probably a lot of work for something that you could easily do just by pinging someone in the channel already.

Reply to Thread