? servers

? players online

JB CT Healthboost

• Content Count:  617

28 minutes ago, janseen said:

My idea to this problem is to make it so that CT's cannot buy healthboost while in combat, so the CT's after getting hit won't be able to instantly regain their health.

The issue with this it will cause cts to run and hide leaving their ct buddies to fend for themselves while they wait for them to be out of combat to use the hp  boost causing total loss of control over the ts because if there is only 5cts and one runs away to her the hp boost and another is off hunting down a rebelling t it's not hard for 3 cts to get overwhelmed by 10 ts you see where this can lead. not saying we leave It the way it is just saying instead of combat locked it lock it after 2 or 3 cts use it in around.

• Like 1
Edited by Zero Two

• Content Count:  905

I think making the healthboost only heal u up to 100 is much better so an actual awp shot can kill a ct and it wont be too op. This also removes its purpose at the start of the round where cts just buy it for the extra 30 hp and make it what it was actually added for which was end round clutches. 

Edited by BloodBlades

• Content Count:  417

Remixed giving his opinion again oh no, rygors gonna call me an boomer

In my opinion when it comes to CT healthboosts, it is clear that they are abused. When you see that mildly dedicated CTs are literally binding a button to give themselves 200+ HP, you can instantly tell that something is wrong. However, I don't think this would be the best time to nerf the CTs. As the current JB area, because almost all regulars have peaced out, no one is there to teach new players how to play CT, so those who end up on that side end up get ruined. This creates a negative feedback loop where new players leave and don't want to play CT, causing CT players to constantly sweat to win rounds, driving players off of CT. I consistently get on JB and see new CTs getting their ass handed to them by T side tryhards. Nerfing CTs in this current state will continue to hurt the server as a whole.

I don't have a solution for this problem, it may not even be a problem in the first place; the numbers haven't appeared to drop too hard. The only new map that has been added that can be compared, which is jb_clouds_pg, however, has indeed hurt CT numbers (27.11% CT win on jb_clouds_sgedit -> 23.43% CT win). Whichever way the server managers want to go to change the server (or not at all, for that matter), it isn't my place to say.

• Content Count:  3294

I discussed the Healthboost a little bit in the new Jihad topic here, but I'll re-explain my thoughts on this.

I can definitely see how the heatlhboost, and its bind, can be annoying, but remember this was implemented to buff the CTs during a long period of time where the ratio was skewed heavily in favor of the Prisoners and Guards were just having a really rough time. I think the original concept of the healthboost is good, and instant re-fill of HP that doesn't require you to go to medic, so that is not something I want to change either. We did previously discuss limiting its usage to the first minute or two in the round, but for now we'll look at values and changes we can make already within the plugin. We can definitely discuss either lowering the number of global purchases down from 3 -> 2, removing the buy menu, or like I mentioned in the other post, buffing the Jihad. 

If you have not gotten the chance to, check out the Buy Menu values here: 

Thanks for your input, we know some of you guys are sick of this shit, so we'll definitely throw it on our plate for discussion and review.

• Like 3
Edited by TheZZL

• Content Count:  42

On 1/21/2021 at 9:13 AM, danksta said:

1 healthshot only. other then that they can go to medic like the rest of the t's

I agree with this It is annoying to get a ct low and they just use a health boost and they are full hp again.

• Content Count:  3294

As our server's been doing better and better (30 player count consistently, thanks u guys),  we should all remember we're soon going to shift back into the meta of ratio being skewed in the favor the Prisoners and the Guards get fucked every round. However, we recognize the healthboost's negative impacts on the server, so here's what we're going to do about it. We've removed the buy bind and will be changing the health you get from 135 -> 125. We think the global limit is good where it's at right now, so we won't be changing that. Thank you for your input on this topic :biggrin:

• Like 1
Edited by TheZZL

Reply to Thread