? servers

? players online

Questions on admin

• Content Count:  565

Once you become admin how do you know what do? What protocol(s) to follow against a rulebreaker like from mic spam to hacking instead punishing out of emotion or ill intent. What if you get admin compliant and punished one too many times? Are there info to help admins know what commands do what and what is available?if so, where would you find it?Can you get perma banned from being part of the SG staff bc of being incapable? How do you rank from being csgo admin(any admin matter of fact) to up in the ranks like CA or SM or even IA? Do you apply or you get notified by a higher up instead(or something else)?how do you deal with "stubborn" rule breakers?

Edit: i got more questions but i dont want to overwhelm the helpful ppl that may answer my questions

Edited by 20 scrolls

• Content Count:  3294

I got this one boys...

Once you receive admin you get a private message from a Director linking you to many guides that include the ban protocol, times, and staff policies.

Our current ban protocol is Warn -> Ban, but admins are advised to be lenient depending on the who they're dealing with and what the situation is.

You can view the ban protocol, times, and racism policy in this announcement thread created by Caution.

Admins can receive Admin Strikes for breaking the admin rules, listed here . You can see all the admin strikes given here.

No, you will not ever be banned/demoted for no reason, the Internal Affairs Team and Board from my experience has been lenient, and doesn't jump the gun, usually giving warnings before punishments.

All admins can apply for CA through the application only visible to them, and then CAs can apply for SM to the application only visible to them, and so on and so forth. For some specific positions like Lead Advisor/Lead Server Manager I believe you need to express your interest in that position rather than apply for it.

Rulebreakers all really fall into three categories, trollers, newbies, or nazis.

• Trollers are easy to catch and you can deal quick punishments to, and are often the easiest and most enjoyable to deal with since they'll crack jokes too. For trollers, most of a time a /kick or serious warning will get them to stop, but if they're being malicious  you can just easily give them a ban
  • Newbies can sometimes be frustrating to deal with, as you try to help them out in many ways but they fail to read at all. Usually, newbies will break rules by accident or get angry they died and start breaking rules. In the case where it was an accident, they normally get off the hook with a warning and explanation of what happened.
  • Nazis typically stick directly to the rules, or abuse them in their favor. While not always rule breaking, these types of players are the most stubborn and aggravating. 

• Like 3
Edited by TheZZL

4 minutes ago, TheZZL said:

I got this one boys...

Once you receive admin you get a private message from a Director linking you to many guides that include the ban protocol, times, and staff policies.

Our current ban protocol is Warn -> Ban, but admins are advised to be lenient depending on the who they're dealing with and what the situation is.

Thx man

Edited by Starlegendgod

7 minutes ago, TheZZL said:

I got this one boys...

You can view the ban protocol, times, and racism policy in this announcement thread created by Caution.

Admins can receive Admin Strikes for breaking the admin rules, listed here . You can see all the admin strikes given here.

No, you will not ever be banned/demoted for no reason, the Internal Affairs Team and Board from my experience has been lenient, and doesn't jump the gun, usually giving warnings before punishments.

All admins can apply for CA through the application only visible to them, and then CAs can apply for SM to the application only visible to them, and so on and so forth. For some specific positions like Lead Advisor/Lead Server Manager I believe you need to express your interest in that position rather than apply for it.

Are all ranks equal to each other in terms of power/importance(excluding bd's bc obvious reasons)

3 minutes ago, Starlegendgod said:

Are all ranks equal to each other in terms of power/importance(excluding bd's bc obvious reasons)

No, each rank has its own permissions depending on what their position entails/requires. For example, a Community Advisor won't have access to the server files like a Server Manager would. Each rank has access to its own section on the forums, but can't see another ranks section. The only place where people of the same rank have different positions is the Technical Team, where depending on their expertise and focus they will only have access to that stuff (I think).

Edited by TheZZL

• Content Count:  870

13 minutes ago, TheZZL said:

I got this one boys...

Rulebreakers all really fall into three categories, trollers, newbies, or nazis.

• Trollers are easy to catch and you can deal quick punishments to, and are often the easiest and most enjoyable to deal with since they'll crack jokes too. For trollers, most of a time a /kick or serious warning will get them to stop, but if they're being malicious  you can just easily give them a ban
  • Newbies can sometimes be frustrating to deal with, as you try to help them out in many ways but they fail to read at all. Usually, newbies will break rules by accident or get angry they died and start breaking rules. In the case where it was an accident, they normally get off the hook with a warning and explanation of what happened.

You are too addicted to fucking steam gamers man, you been be like delirum and stay here for 2 decades

• Like 3
Edited by Technoblade
anyways what zzl said is a nerd move and follow what he said :D , he is a good trainer I heard.....

• Content Count:  5377

14 minutes ago, Starlegendgod said:

Once you become admin how do you know what do? What protocol(s) to follow against a rulebreaker like from mic spam to hacking instead punishing out of emotion or ill intent.

Part of being a good admin is being able to retain knowledge of the rules and apply judgement and punishments based on the ban protocol guide which lists out ban length regulations for most offenses

What if you get admin compliant and punished one too many times?

If there is merit to the complaints you get a strike for each applicable situation. The first punishment is meant as a warning, the second they remove your admin for a week, and the third they remove it indefinitely.

Are there info to help admins know what commands do what and what is available?if so, where would you find it?

Yes there is admin guide in the admin section

Can you get perma banned from being part of the SG staff bc of being incapable?

Technically yes. See: Four

How do you rank from being csgo admin(any admin matter of fact) to up in the ranks like CA or SM or even IA? Do you apply or you get notified by a higher up instead(or something else)?

SA to CA is about not being a retard every other promotion requires effort.

how do you deal with "stubborn" rule breakers?

The same way you deal with every rule breaker: according to the context of the situation

Edit: i got more questions but i dont want to overwhelm the helpful ppl that may answer my questions

Take your time buddy.

• Like 3
Edited by delirium

Just now, Starlegendgod said:

What does SM role do anyway? Instead of simply saying manages servers

Well, as the Jailbreak & FFA server manager I am responsible for all things in that realm. That means if there's a discussion on the forums, issue in-game, bug, or event,  I'm responsible for keeping up with everything and making sure the server is running smoothly. While Server Managers are more focused on their own server, we typically collaborate with other teams, and community advisors, on projects for the whole community or our specific server. It's all about making sure our players are having a good time and everything's running smoothly.

• Content Count:  5377

1 minute ago, Starlegendgod said:

What does SM role do anyway? Instead of simply saying manages servers

They decide rulesets and everything else that goes along with their respective server from models to maps to round times. They literally manage the server.

• Like 1

Reply to Thread