? servers

? players online

Destructible Inferno...! (Event Suggestion)

• Content Count:  1051

So I was recently watching a video from 3kliksphilip about a destructible version of the competitive map... Inferno! 

I think this would be either a really cool community event for several reasons! People on Retakes could have a little bit of fun and strategizing on how to use these destructible assets usefully.

An extremely fun scrims event, having to play this map and keeping scrims a bit more active until then. 

Or just a throwaway joke.

But anyways it looks extremely cool, and I recommend you guys try it out with friends in the mean time!

Map download!

• Like 5

• Content Count:  922

The only problem I have with this is that it limits the amount of people that can actually play this seeing as both retakes and scrims can only take up ~10 players, I'm just throwing that out there, but aside from that, this is actually a pretty good event idea, Nice find!

• Like 3

• Content Count:  1051

3 minutes ago, Asher said:

The only problem I have with this is that it limits the amount of people that can actually play this seeing as both retakes and scrims can only take up ~10 players, I'm just throwing that out there, but aside from that, this is actually a pretty good event idea, Nice find!

I was originally thinking maybe FFA but the issue with FFA is, if I am to be certain doesn't have grenades, even still I feel like the time a round lasts in FFA would have to decrease for replayability and so the map resets, for cool moments.

Now that I think of it, FFA makes a lot more sense.

• Like 2

• Content Count:  922

4 minutes ago, lyn said:

I was originally thinking maybe FFA but the issue with FFA is, if I am to be certain doesn't have grenades, even still I feel like the time a round lasts in FFA would have to decrease for replayability and so the map resets, for cool moments.

well, adding just HE grenades on FFA just for this event to make it more fun and add more fun moments is not much work for ZZL, 

635b05728138a56e47c156c67a168380.png

• Like 3

• Content Count:  240

It'd probably reduce everyones fps greatly, limiting gameplay to probably only a few parts of the map, if it does you'd probably have to make a FEW maps that cut off sections of it and put them all in a map rotation, or put it in a map minigames gungame style. (if you know you know) The reason I think that it would limit fps is the fact of it having so many parts that can be destroyed and more unpaired parts in the map exceeding thousands of extra parts in the map that can or  already are destroyed. Yes, yes I know that in the video he explains on how it reduces lag but I tried this by myself and on my, not to brag, but insane computer instead of getting 400 fps constant I was getting around a max of 160 on average with probably about 200 different parts when blowing up A site with breach charges. Not sure if this was caused by my computer hosting the server or just the mechanics of the map, either way it was definetly reducing my fps.

If this isn't reducing fps then I think it would be a fun event and a few people would actively play it if it became a server.

Although this is just my opinion and the map might not even get approved and/or limit fps                                                                                         

Edited by fru!ty

• Content Count:  3294

1 minute ago, Asher said:

well, adding just HE grenades on FFA just for this event to make it more fun and add more fun moments is not much work for ZZL, 

635b05728138a56e47c156c67a168380.png

This wouldn’t make sense as an event for FFA. A scrim event is more likely, but if so it’d be postponed 

• Like 2

• Content Count:  331

If scrims wasn't busted af rn I think this would be fun to organize and get some people in on.  

4 minutes ago, lyn said:

Problem with FFA is that it would take, what, 60 minutes to reset the map? I don't know how long FFA maps are, but that kind of defeats the point of having all the destroyable cover around if everything is already destroyed.

The problem with retakes events is that people use retakes for warm-ups, and they're not so event oriented. The only other 5v5 mode that works for events would be scrims but, like I said, it's broken. If scrims worked, though, I feel like this would be a fun event to try out.

• Like 3

Reply to Thread