? servers

? players online

Guard Queue Plugin

• Content Count:  4441

The guard queue plugin has several bugs, incosistentences, and issues involved with it. I'd like to note them here and offer a solution.

Sometimes the plugin lets you join CT without typing !guard, other times on map-start CT will be partially or completely empty which has no resolution with no admin on. There are a lot of other bugs, another which tells you that you're in the queue but won't actually swap you to the enemy team even if the CT team's #'s would allow for it. There are grammar errors like "[SG Ratio] Get a Supporter to be automatically moved to the front of the queue." Feels like it needs a lot more work right now, my main issue with it isn't the bugs it's moreover how awkward it is to have to put the command in to enter the queue for CT when it sometimes doesn't work. I also wish there were more chat prompts for the plugin where joining CT is concerned whether when they try to join the team normally or random prompts so players were more clear on how the plugin worked (not sure if possible with SP). Lastly, I'm unsure why this same thing could not be accomplished through a simple Ratio plugin or whether this was added more as a perk for supporters- but that seems like a better solution. 

• Like 5
Edited by All Ts

• Content Count:  587

20 minutes ago, All Ts said:

several bugs

The guard queue plugin was added recently (February) so it's pretty likely for there to be some issues here and there, but none of the bugs mentioned are major, and from my experience on the server the plugin did its job - it kept ratio and when someone left ct if it fit with the ratio the next person or two in queue was put onto CT.

22 minutes ago, All Ts said:

on map-start CT will be partially or completely empty which has no resolution with no admin on

This mainly occurs on the Match Start time period / warmup - once people get into the guard queue it floods people in to correct the ratio as long as enough people are queued, if not the ratio will be poor, but thats not the fault of the plugin

I think there are a few things that are added and yes, there are some bugs, but for now from what I've seen the plugin has done its job. What I'd like to see is if you try to manually join CT maybe a chat reminder to say to join CT type !guard or !ct and a prompt of commands added with this plugin as well as the ratio set for the plugin so new players / old players back can check through that.

28 minutes ago, All Ts said:

Lastly, I'm unsure why this same thing could not be accomplished through a simple Ratio plugin or whether this was added more as a perk for supporters- but that seems like a better solution. 

I think that having a guard queue actually adds some benefits for one - players who don't want to be vigilant about how many players are on what team, rather if you put yourself in the queue its like waiting in a line ; eventually it will be your turn and in this manner the ratio of CTs to Ts is virtually never in the favor of the cts (a more than 1:2 ratio)

• Like 3

10 minutes ago, oSen said:

I think that having a guard queue actually adds some benefits for one - players who don't want to be vigilant about how many players are on what team, rather if you put yourself in the queue its like waiting in a line ; eventually it will be your turn and in this manner the ratio of CTs to Ts is virtually never in the favor of the cts (a more than 1:2 ratio)

This is a good point, on the rest I have to agree to disagree. I feel it adds a lot of complications, issues, and hurdles in order to make it easier to not snipe a spot on the team. 

• Content Count:  3294

1 hour ago, All Ts said:

The guard queue plugin has several bugs, incosistentences, and issues involved with it. I'd like to note them here and offer a solution.

Sometimes the plugin lets you join CT without typing !guard, other times on map-start CT will be partially or completely empty which has no resolution with no admin on. There are a lot of other bugs, another which tells you that you're in the queue but won't actually swap you to the enemy team even if the CT team's #'s would allow for it. There are grammar errors like "[SG Ratio] Get a Supporter to be automatically moved to the front of the queue." Feels like it needs a lot more work right now, my main issue with it isn't the bugs it's moreover how awkward it is to have to put the command in to enter the queue for CT when it sometimes doesn't work. I also wish there were more chat prompts for the plugin where joining CT is concerned whether when they try to join the team normally or random prompts so players were more clear on how the plugin worked (not sure if possible with SP). Lastly, I'm unsure why this same thing could not be accomplished through a simple Ratio plugin or whether this was added more as a perk for supporters- but that seems like a better solution. 

You're correct in a few areas, there are a few bugs we've yet to work out, and we can do better in advertising the command to join the team. I hope to get a few of the easier things resolved soon, probably shouldn't have tried to do it myself :push:

Grammar issue is fixed

The main reason we switched over to a Guard Queue over our current ratio plugin was, yes, for another donor perk, but also to make the process of switching to Guard a little easier at high population times. First round issue is amended by typing !guard once you join T side. 

• Like 3

• Content Count:  634

6 hours ago, oSen said:
7 hours ago, All Ts said:

on map-start CT will be partially or completely empty which has no resolution with no admin on

This mainly occurs on the Match Start time period / warmup - once people get into the guard queue it floods people in to correct the ratio as long as enough people are queued, if not the ratio will be poor, but thats not the fault of the plugin

maybe disable the plugin if there are no cts on so that you can always swap to end the round, rather than needing every t to slay to get onto ct. typing the ratio command wont end the round and will only take effect once the round ends naturally.

5 hours ago, TheZZL said:

First round issue is amended by typing !guard once you join T side.

from my experience this doesnt do anything. if their are 5 t's alive with no ct and you type !ct, it q's u and does nothing to end the round.

• Like 1

• Content Count:  25

In the beginning of the start of a new map, you can type !guard, but then you're stuck waiting in a queue. You have to wait for the round to end in order for anything to happen. After that however, it smooth sailing. Maybe just getting rid of that plugin would be better, or finding a way to fix it.

• Like 1

[SG Ratio] You are #2 in the guard queue.[SG Ratio] You are #2 in the guard queue.[SG Ratio] You are #2 in the guard queue.[SG Ratio] You are #2 in the guard queue.[SG Ratio] You are #2 in the guard queue.[SG Ratio] You are #2 in the guard queue.[SG Ratio] You are #2 in the guard queue.[SG Ratio] You are #2 in the guard queue.[SG Ratio] You are #2 in the guard queue.[SG Ratio] You are #2 in the guard queue.[SG Ratio] You are #2 in the guard queue.

This plugin is still extremely broken please consider removing it until it's fixed. I don't mind the concept I mind that it doesn't work properly and I cannot swap teams when the ratio is 4 to 15. 

• Like 1

• Content Count:  3294

2 hours ago, All Ts said:

This plugin is still extremely broken please consider removing it until it's fixed. I don't mind the concept I mind that it doesn't work properly and I cannot swap teams when the ratio is 4 to 15. 

Plugin has been removed and we've reverted back to our original Ratio Control & CT Lockout. Read more here:

• Like 2

Reply to Thread

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.