? servers

? players online

“L.S.D.” Game - Looking for feedback

• Content Count:  8

4 hours ago, TheZZL said:

Wow, great game! The game comes easy, with simple controls, an inherent understanding of where to go and what to do, and the excellent pairing of music does wonders. When I first spawned in I just starting hopping around, inspecting everything I could, a little confused on where to start, but then all of a sudden the bathroom lilt up. After beating the game for the first time, and I chose right, I went back just to see what I may have missed, where I could've gone, and to get the other achievement of course. What ended up happening was I broke the game, but in a fun way! Before I show off all that, here's me having some fun before I start my first 8AM class today:

After absolutely destroying the boss, I went back and figured out a few things:

I can run faster by "bhopping" or just jumping

I can climb on top of the crawling creature's backs and stab them like im a superhero

I can break out of the map :evilpeepo:

FIRST OFFICIAL SPEEDRUN:

Wow you really completed a game I made in 4 months in 12 minutes??? Jeez this is so cool

TheZZL, your name will be remember as the pioneer of the speedrunners of L.S.D.

If you liked the game and you'd like to support the project please leave a review on Steam, even short one would help me soo much.

Great videos and take care mate!

Also, you got yourself a subscriber

• Like 4

3 hours ago, oSen said:

was fun, the fat green dragon moved too slow imo

Thanks a lot! Yeah, I actually made him a bit faster in the upcoming version because I think so too :/

(P.S. If you liked the game please leave a review pls pls pls pls)

3 hours ago, Tethys said:

speedrun? i guess im obliged to throw my hat in the ring. 

3 hours ago, Roddy said:

gotta  download hacks to "fake" this one and beat it within a second so I can trashtalk ZZL speedrun

Oh I see... You know who knows the most shortcuts about a game? THE GUY WHO MADE IT *intense twist music playing*

Don't make me enter the competition....

• Like 1

3 hours ago, d4nk said:

very gud game

1 hour ago, A Frantic Potato said:

After playing it, I really think you did an amazing job during the beginning; it seemed like you were really trying to capture the psychedelic mindset during the come-up in those loops during the the gameplay in the house and once you enter the painting. It was eerily familiar, but gameplay was a lot of fun too and I enjoyed using fireballs at dragons pretending like I was the dragonborn again lol

46 minutes ago, All Ts said:

i second this, amazing game :)

Thank you so much! Getting such positive feedbacks really is amazing. Also Frantic Potato I think you caught the essence of the game.

If it feels familiar maybe it's because I tried to get inspired by the atmosphere of Stanley Parable and Superliminal, which are pretty popular games in this genre, even though gamplay is completely different.

If you'd like to support this solo project please leave a review on Steam, it would reaaally help me out.

Have a great day and thanks again ;)

• Like 1

• Content Count:  4441

I hope this thread doesn't get nuked, but if it does I'll PM you with legitimate longform feedback. I respect your hustle and I honestly expected you to post this thread, not read a single reply, and then go next forums to do it all over again. I love Stanley Parable, Beginners Guide, and every mental fuck type game in that sphere, it really puts people in a state where they're open-minded and trying to figure whatever out. If you guys haven't played these games, play them. They're sick. 

• Like 1

• Content Count:  133

36 minutes ago, Salvatore Fabio said:

Oh I see... You know who knows the most shortcuts about a game? THE GUY WHO MADE IT *intense twist music playing*

Don't make me enter the competition....

PLEASE DONT, i just spent an hour trying to beat ZZL.  got a 10:36, waiting for it to upload to youtube

• Like 1
Edited by A Frantic Potato

• Content Count:  417

We take WR and hard

Only ways to optimize is better movement up the first set of stairs in the new realm, better egg stair (hitting the egg as soon as possible when the clouds appear), and better boss fight optimizations

I'll make another post about suggestions later.

• Like 3

• Content Count:  133

Just got a 9:04, still a good amount of room for optimization especially during the fights. Once it is done uploading to YT i'll post it, but this took a lot more time than I thought. Pretty dang fun too.

https://youtu.be/ZSplya9tbBk

I didn't even bother to edit it, but the run starts at 6:12. I found a quicker way up to the sword/key through an alternate route, and just tiny things like a clip I found before the "WHY DID YOU ENTER MY HOME" room. Also you are able to shoot a fireball right before the second dragon fight begins, and shooting the final dragon a couple of times while running to the cutscene. I was unable to find a consistent strat for the second fight and most time can be saved here. Didn't realize the audio was terrible until after lol.

• Like 1
Edited by A Frantic Potato

• Content Count:  249

Hey, I'm here to play game fast. I had a fun time playing it and messing around. The only thing I can really say about the game is that some spots can seem pretty empty. Everything else flowed well and seemed to fall in place where it was meant to be. Another issue is when you are under the boss dragon when you kill his first phase he would push you under the ground and drop you down into the town again witch was kind of annoying when trying to play fast. But it seems to be an issue with an easy fix for next time. Definitely looking forward to see if any new games get dropped by you for some fast chill gameplay.
Oh yeah and here's the 8:56 run.
:)

• Like 8

Reply to Thread