? servers

? players online

Jihad Rework

• Content Count:  971

There is nothing in Jailbreak that feels more rewarding than slaughtering a group of CT's with a jihad. The problem is that the opportunities aren't as numerable as I wish they were, and getting one is a bizarre mess.

The way you get a jihad now is to buy one at the start of the round by pressing "1" when the orange menu comes up (for some reason, I assume reasons out of the server's control, the menu takes like 10 seconds to actually show up but you can also buy one before the menu even shows up) and to wait like 4-6 rounds until you have 10k. Why the jihad uses money, something that's used literally no where else for T's, is beyond me.

This feels like an alpha test rather than a fully realized and finished system. T's don't have Jihad access for usually half a map which doesn't make sense in the current state right now. Rather than making it a button mashing contest on the first round every T has 10k, I was hoping it could be reworked into giving the two jihads to the highest fragging T's of the previous round (no Jihads given on the first round). I think more systems that reward T's who progress the gamemode is a good way of keeping things interesting.

Personally, I'd also like the range and damage increased but in all fairness that would throttle the balance which I feel is almost perfect after the health boost removal and health shot buff.

What do you guys think?

• Like 8

• Content Count:  304

1 hour ago, dafty said:

Personally, I'd also like the range and damage increased but in all fairness that would throttle the balance which I feel is almost perfect after the health boost removal and health shot buff.

I find damage and range easily enough and shouldn’t be boosted but I agree on all the giving out jihad stuff that will really be better than the current method

(even tho Ill always get the jihad cause im always top frager each round)

• Like 1

• Content Count:  304

11 hours ago, dafty said:

I was hoping it could be reworked into giving the two jihads to the highest fragging T's of the previous round (no Jihads given on the first round)´

Now that I think about it will it not take off the randomness and like the secret of who has jihad?

I don’t think anymore that it will be the best way to give them out because the MVP is always the top fragger so the ct’s could easily know who has the jihad and could just iso them or not let the T in question approach them. 

• Content Count:  256

In my opinion, the range is slightly short, but the damage is fine. Whenever I get the chance to use the jihad, I always miss that one ct that I believe I should kill because it seems like he was close enough. There is also a problem where Ts will hold the jihad. They either forget about it or just never use it despite having not died yet, and the jihad just still on that person.

12 hours ago, dafty said:

The way you get a jihad now is to buy one at the start of the round by pressing "1" when the orange menu comes up (for some reason, I assume reasons out of the server's control, the menu takes like 10 seconds to actually show up but you can also buy one before the menu even shows up) and to wait like 4-6 rounds until you have 10k. Why the jihad uses money, something that's used literally no where else for T's, is beyond me.

Maybe add the jihad to a T only menu, which say Ts can only buy after killing say 5 cts or something, and it cannot be saved after a round.

• Like 1

• Content Count:  870

4 hours ago, janseen said:

Maybe add the jihad to a T only menu, which say Ts can only buy after killing say 5 cts or something, and it cannot be saved after a round.

Their no point in buying if you need to kill 5 ct's and it cannot be saved after every round as your fucking kos which will make you super hard to even use it and it better just killing the rest of the cts with the guns you got from the 5 ct's you killed.

4 minutes ago, Roddy said:

Their no point in buying if you need to kill 5 ct's and it cannot be saved after every round as your fucking kos which will make you super hard to even use it and it better just killing the rest of the cts with the guns you got from the 5 ct's you killed.

What i meant was that every time you get a kill you get 1 credit. You accumulate credits to buy jihads, for example 5 credits for a jihad, and if you buy one that round and don't use it, you cant use it next round. 

• Like 1
Edited by janseen

• Content Count:  870

1 minute ago, janseen said:

What i meant was that every time you get a kill you get 1 credit. You accumulate credits to buy jihads, for example 5 credits for a jihad, and if you buy one that round and don't use it, you cant use it next round. 

so your saying you kill 5 ct's to get credits throughout last round than you buy it present round and you can use it? It may work if this is what your trying to say

1 minute ago, Roddy said:

so your saying you kill 5 ct's to get credits throughout last round than you buy it present round and you can use it? It may work if this is what your trying to say

Well that was what I meant earlier, killing 5 cts in a round to buy a jihad for that round is idiotic. That being said, there should be a limit to how much jihads on the T team at once, like 2 at once as it can get hectic if 3 or more Ts buy on the same round.

• Like 1

Reply to Thread

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.