? servers

? players online

spamming voice coms binds

• Content Count:  1105

Quit using "admins won't enforce" for an excuse for everything since 1) we don't have to act on everything 2) the most of it is based on what we feel is necessary and when it's become excessive enough to act on it and 3) if you have such an issue with admins not enforcing something get proof and make an admin complaint, but good luck on that.

If you have such an issue with it mute them... or make a player complaint... and it'll be handled then because each admin is different. Like ZZL is a stickler for the rules while when I was an admin I barely enforced because I let them settle their own issues to a certain extent. I wish you'd thoroughly explain what you mean in your OP but if it's constantly playing for more than 10-15 seconds sure I guess a mute is warranted if it's loud and obnoxious and making it hard to play/RP. But if it's used for comedic purposes like a clown noise that is played for 1 second occasionally then I think that's not even worth a mute. 

• Like 4

• Content Count:  560

10 minutes ago, balls. said:

Quit using "admins won't enforce" for an excuse for everything

not using as it an excuse just trying to put a point out there that this issue gets ignored a decent amount. And it is an issue ive seen pop go down 3-4 to people at times because people used it so much.

10 minutes ago, balls. said:

But if it's used for comedic purposes like a clown noise that is played for 1 second occasionally then I think that's not even worth a mute.

this doesn't make sense in my opinion because what your saying is as long as its short and meant to be funny its completely fine even if its being used excessively like i said earlier, idk if you saw that i said that people spam it or not tho.

• Like 1
Edited by carrollton

• Content Count:  1105

Just now, carrollton said:

this doesn't make sense in my opinion because what your saying is as long as its short and meant to be funny its completely fine even if its being used excessively like i said earlier, idk if you saw that i said that people spam it or not tho.

Going through the hassle of having to mute someone for doing something for 1 second long and then unmute them isn't even worth it at that point since by the time you type it out it'll already be over and I said occasionally without disrupting the RP aspect of the overall server I don't see a point in it. Just mute them, obviously I wouldn't let people play something excessively long that's creating "chaos" and disrupting everything but something that doesn't affect anyone and can actually make the server somewhat more enjoyable I don't see an issue in it. If they're doing something that goes on and on then sure just mute them till map change. 

• Content Count:  560

16 minutes ago, balls. said:

Going through the hassle of having to mute someone for doing something for 1 second long and then unmute them isn't even worth it at that point since by the time you type it out it'll already be over and I said occasionally without disrupting the RP aspect of the overall server I don't see a point in it

i understand the point your making it does sound like something that wouldn't be a big deal and i wasn't really specific on what the issue was, its not a soundboard and its like the in game call outs that your teamates character give like when their character says good job or were going a, its that but with insanely annoying sounds. Ive never seen anyone who thinks there funny besides the people who use them. I could be wrong but i dont think there is a way to mute it.

something i forgot to say is that it 100% should be mutable since its in game voice lines they pop up in chat and since people spam it every time the voice line is said it pops up in chat so it would be considered chat spam.

Edited by carrollton

• Content Count:  1559

Not reading this whole thread, but they are already against the rules. You also have to realize its team sided only, so CT admins won't see radio chat from T side. 

For any admins reading this, if you see someone spamming radio chat, mute them, and if that doesn't work, kick them.

• Like 5

• Content Count:  634

On 6/26/2021 at 3:39 PM, balls. said:

Going through the hassle of having to mute someone for doing something for 1 second long and then unmute them isn't even worth it at that point since by the time you type it out it'll already be over and I said occasionally without disrupting the RP aspect of the overall server I don't see a point in it. Just mute them, obviously I wouldn't let people play something excessively long that's creating "chaos" and disrupting everything but something that doesn't affect anyone and can actually make the server somewhat more enjoyable I don't see an issue in it. If they're doing something that goes on and on then sure just mute them till map change. 

walk a mile in @carrollton's shoes 

Play jb and see what he means before writing an essay about him bringing up a problem on the servers.

Last time I played I left because people were spamming voice comm binds when they were still kinda new. It was so stupid. Literally just people *moaning* and shit over and over. 

If it's done with comedic intent, I don't have a problem. But when one person does it and it's followed by the whole server repeatedly... it gets old fast. Surely /mute T is a thing along with a warning. It wouldn't take much effort.

• Like 3

Reply to Thread

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.