? players online

Would you like a SG Minecraft SMP?  

23 members have voted

1. 1. Would you like a SG Minecraft SMP

• Yes
    • No

SG Minecraft SMP

• Content Count:  764

I think it would be sick if SG would add a minecraft smp. I bet tons of people would enjoy this smp and so many people would have fun. I think lots of people would have really fun builds and grind the smp a lot. A lot of players in this community played something called the Paggos SMP, it was amazing and lots of people enjoyed playing on this smp. The only reason the Paggos SMP died is because they started adding strict rules and using creative. In the SG SMP it would just be have fun and free rome, no claiming area plots, no invisible blocks, none of that. I know at least 10 players from SG who would love to play on an SG SMP.

How it would work:

Players would be able to freerome around the map making builds and grinding for better items, players will constantly be grinding and causing havoc. Players would just be allowed to do whatever and grind, the only thing restricted would be xray. Maybe a modder of some sort would find a xray blocker to apply to the server, this way it would make all the grinds legitimate. However this would only be a thing if someone would want to pay for an SMP, it is around 10 - 12 dollars a month for an SMP with 15 player slots. This is a good amount of players slots because I doubt over 15 people will be playing at a time, and not too expensive.

I do think though that maybe SG has had a problem with trying to make an SMP before or else it would 100% be done, maybe there is an issue with making an SMP or no one wanting to pay, and if they just haven't thought of making a SMP yet well now its a opportunity. Please leave your thoughts on the poll.

• Content Count:  238

The reason we do Events instead of SMPs is due to reasons we discussed within this forum: Forum

Although I would love to see it happen, I think these issues are still in effect. I do believe a normal SMP though would get boring pretty fast as once the Ender Dragon is gone not much gameplay will insue as the MAIN goal in minecraft is gone.

• Like 2

• Content Count:  820

21 minutes ago, Kieran said:

Fun in concept but just fails in execution usually. We haven’t found a successful game plan for expanding into Minecraft. Servers just tread water for a bit until our regulars get tired of playing it.

In addition, this is why shorter term Minecraft events do so well as people love playing for a week but then it just becomes old and falls off. It’s followed the same pattern for the 3 years I’ve been here and I don’t see that ever changing, which is fine because people love the short term events like the Pixelmon @Acer and I did over the summer (would be fun to do that again wink wink) and the one Acer is doing right now. Just stick to the shorter events and nothing more.

• Like 10

Reply to Thread