? servers

? players online

Jailbreak Suggestions

• Content Count:  2206

Hi Guys,

Since I've recently gone through the last 2 years of changelogs for JB and my brain has been storming around for ideas for it, I wanted to start a conversation to try and steer the boat back in the right direction. Hopefully, we can have a conversation and flesh out some ideas.

I haven't put insane thought into these but I wanted to bring them up and see other perspectives since that's how ideas happen.

1. Warden System:

I think we are at the point where it is time to implement a warden system similar to other JB servers that are currently thriving. We can think it out and put a spin on it that suits our server but pretending like the uniqueness of not having a warden is going to somehow magically reinvigorate the server is a futile thought. I'll admit I'm not huge into CSGO anymore so I'm not sure what the current warden systems look like but from my understanding of previous one's you really only needed one lead guard and a bunch of lackies. This is better because you don't need to try and convince people to learn how to play CT, you just need to convince the majority of players to understand when and when not to unload their gun at someone while a more experienced player handles the orders.

2. Decrease server slots back to 24

Historically, our JB server has always been 24 slots. It was increase because the server was almost constantly full and we had the population to back that increase up on a regular basis. We no longer have them. When I look in a server browser and see 10/46 to me that just looks unappealing to join. If I saw 10/24, in my head it feels like the server is half full and would be more fun. Seems like it doesn't make sense but its a perception thing. The people who aren't bothered by that would join whether its 10/46 or 10/24 and those would rather join a server that feels "half full" would be more likely to join. Not only that, but having less people will make it less chaotic and more orderly which at the moment, if you have an opportunity to get 24 people in a server, that should be your cut off until you are seeing it consistently full. 

Again, realistically and historically, until Dom changed the player count in like 2019 or 2020, JB has almost always been 24 slots.

3. Set your !buddy system to public. You don't really have a foot to stand on to be giving little things like that to a select group of people. You need every gimmick you can muster up. Not a big deal just a thought. This would go for other "supporter specific" perks that are tied to plugins.

Let me know if you guys think there is anything else that could be improved in general, why my ideas suck, or ways that would make my ideas better.

• Like 6
Edited by kabLe

• Content Count:  1469

1. I agree, the gameplay/rules should be changed it’s become stale and old with majority of the rounds essentially being war days 

2. In my opinion 10/24 looks worse than 10/44. I like to play on servers where theres more people rather than less and seeing 44 instead of 24 means that there’s a chance to have more players on that server.

The amount of players on a server can make a server chaotic but it’s more so who is on the server and the rules on the server. Ive played on other jb servers with a warden system and usually it’s not as crazy. The warden would usually be the one talking during the round while Cts/Ts just listen and pitch in here and there. Player slots were increased to 36 back in 2017 by @delirium so historically the server slots have been above 30 more than it has been below 30. If it were to be lowered, going back to 36 would be better, 24 seems too low since the game has evolved to be more mini games focused due to the maps being created for JB and how people like to play games now. 

3. Agreed, some perks should just be member perks rather then supporter perks

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Takuto said:

1. I agree, the gameplay/rules should be changed it’s become stale and old with majority of the rounds essentially being war days 

2. In my opinion 10/24 looks worse than 10/44. I like to play on servers where theres more people rather than less and seeing 44 instead of 24 means that there’s a chance to have more players on that server.

The amount of players on a server can make a server chaotic but it’s more so who is on the server and the rules on the server. Ive played on other jb servers with a warden system and usually it’s not as crazy. The warden would usually be the one talking during the round while Cts/Ts just listen and pitch in here and there. Player slots were increased to 36 back in 2017 by @delirium so historically the server slots have been above 30 more than it has been below 30. If it were to be lowered, going back to 36 would be better, 24 seems too low since the game has evolved to be more mini games focused due to the maps being created for JB and how people like to play games now. 

3. Agreed, some perks should just be member perks rather then supporter perks

Thank you for correcting me on this. I think 36 is a happy medium. I never thought about the perspective of 10/44 being more appealing. I wasn't thinking of the inverse of my own personal perception. I do think 44 is too much when you can't even get 20 but I understand what you mean. I think the closer to being full, the more urgency a user feels when they look in the community list. "I better get in there now before they fill up" was kinda the sentiment I was thinking of when I wrote the thread.

I think with our current rule set and server structure, 44 isn't viable since I think part of the problem was increasing to that many players inevitably contributes to how chaotic the server gets and then you started seeing the same sentiment of "it becomes a deathmatch", "they just send people to big cage or pool". I imagine boring orders are born out of a need to keep some kind of order since most rounds like you say quickly devolved into war day/deathmatch leading the average CT to want everyone in one area and then just wait for shit to pop off.

• Content Count:  238

1. To add onto the warden system and experienced players on ct, I believe there should be a command for warden instead of it randomly giving it to a player on ct. The command allows more experienced players to take over and not let someone inexperienced to the server be warden if they don't want to be. However, inexperienced players shouldn't be playing ct regardless as that's what I found to kill population quickly.

An addition we can add to the teams is if they have a certain amount of playtime on t to join ct (I haven't played jb in a bit, so ignore this if this is already implemented.) This limits the newer people from joining ct and encourages them to read the rules.

2. Regarding freedays, I know there is a rule that already limits the amount of FDs you can give, but I don't believe that it's being enforced well. Maybe there should be a system that automatically gives a freeday to Ts on a set round or something and the other rounds guards have to give orders. This feature also prevents nazism. There could be perhaps 2-3 freedays per map, not including first day freedays. (Feel free to give feedback on this idea as it feels kinda quirky and could need a lot of tuning.) 

3. Removing first order. First order is a meme at this point as one person gives an order but is immediately cut off by someone who uses the command. Regarding the warden system, using the warden system would just be less of a hassle than first order already is.

Some of these ideas are pretty game changing so please give some feedback.

• Like 1

• Content Count:  345

22 minutes ago, ThatTamer said:

1. To add onto the warden system and experienced players on ct, I believe there should be a command for warden instead of it randomly giving it to a player on ct. The command allows more experienced players to take over and not let someone inexperienced to the server be warden if they don't want to be. However, inexperienced players shouldn't be playing ct regardless as that's what I found to kill population quickly.

An addition we can add to the teams is if they have a certain amount of playtime on t to join ct (I haven't played jb in a bit, so ignore this if this is already implemented.) This limits the newer people from joining ct and encourages them to read the rules.

2. Regarding freedays, I know there is a rule that already limits the amount of FDs you can give, but I don't believe that it's being enforced well. Maybe there should be a system that automatically gives a freeday to Ts on a set round or something and the other rounds guards have to give orders. This feature also prevents nazism. There could be perhaps 2-3 freedays per map, not including first day freedays. (Feel free to give feedback on this idea as it feels kinda quirky and could need a lot of tuning.) 

3. Removing first order. First order is a meme at this point as one person gives an order but is immediately cut off by someone who uses the command. Regarding the warden system, using the warden system would just be less of a hassle than first order already is.

Some of these ideas are pretty game changing so please give some feedback.

Maybe it could be a similar jihad like system, like you press a button at the beginning of a round to give a freeday too all prisoners, and like FO is disabled. it'll be reset in like 3 rounds or so 

• Like 1

• Content Count:  565

20 minutes ago, ThatTamer said:

I see it as more of a nuisance than a solution. It is abused constantly and little to no orders are given during the time of FO.

I personally agree with this. Many times at high pop people just use FO to one-up the guy that usually start up the orders and then don't give good orders themselves during FO. It honestly just disrupts the flow of orders or just make the round fairly boring atleast in my experience. FO is a good concept but really need to be tweaked or outright removed.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Starlegendgod said:

I personally agree with this. Many times at high pop people just use FO to one-up the guy that usually start up the orders and then don't give good orders themselves during FO. It honestly just disrupts the flow of orders or just make the round fairly boring atleast in my experience. FO is a good concept but really need to be tweaked or outright removed.

I think it was good for its time. We had a problem and came up with a solution to fix that specific problem. As time goes on and meta changes, it seems like it was just a band-aid on a wider spread issue. I think warden is personally the next way to go. 

• Like 1

Reply to Thread

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.