? players online

my discord qualms  

38 members have voted

1. 1. what do

• bring back teamspeak 3 (good)
    • keep stinky discord (ew)

my discord qualms

• Content Count:  461

It is no secret that we, the steam-gamers.net community, have no gamers. The issue can most squarely be placed on discord. most obviously after the discord was created, we knew that teamspeak 3 (may he rest in peace) would be phased out for this hogwash. ts3 has such character and functionality to it that promotes the community that ze loved. note that when we stopped maintaining a teamspeak 3 server, the decline in the population started. this is because no one wants to use the discord where they will be restricted by server owners! THEY WANT TO TALK TO THEIR FRIENDS! ON TEAMSPEAK 3 THIS WASNOT PROBLEM. PEOPLE DIDNT HAVE AN ALTERNATIVE, THEY HAD TO USE TEAMSPEAK. NO OTHER CHOICE.  now all i have to look at is people posting the most disgusting garbage. i can hardly even keep it straight anymore, just dogs racing in the wind. my favorite show on the television nowadays has got to be the simpsons (but not the new stuff) i only watch the old stuff. it seems like the writers just cant stop themselves anymore from making low effort jokes instead of weaving several jokes together into a string of well timed beats that fill the time you are watching with enjoyable content. a similar thing i started doing was watching some of those old 2016 era storytime animators like domics and jaiden animations. i like listening to what these people are going through. the odd1sout and jaiden are probably my favorite to watch because of the dynamic that they have. she has such a nice visual style and a great handle of fludity of motion and she also talks about pokemon games and animal crossing. The last few pokemon games have been a disappointment to say the least. gamefreak is like the modern simpsons writers, they cant rekindle the old magic of playing pokemon, so they just release the same game every year. that 3d pokeman game seemed kinda fun but holy shit those graphics look like a child making a roblox game HAHAHAHA. And then i guess i have to always keep up with the shitty running jokes in the #general and #random channel. The #food channel is nice and i guess thats cool, but I had having to use the #general channel chat to post links for people in the general voice channels, like come on now. The best feature of teamspeak 3 (PBUH) was that i didnt have to tell everyone what i was thinking to talk to the people in the same channel as me. not to mention that i could put a nice custom skin on my teamspeak without a third party client or have the portal turrets as my voice pack instead of a bunch of stupid soundbites like discord has 🤢.

• Like 13

• Content Count:  2695

hello dylan. thank you for the informative post. i enjoyed reading it and it reminded me a lot about myself. i love teamspeak, hell, i still have it pinned to my taskbar. i frequently open it by accident and i get pissed but i dont remove it because well, it just makes sense for it to be there. its natural. teamspeak felt more natural. it had character, it felt homely. i used to come home from school and boot up teamspeak and play with you and our other friends. but i think you are incorrect in thinking that discord is what caused the downfall of this community. i wouldnt even say downfall because the community is flourishing... as a community. just not as servers. i dont see that as an issue imo. i've always thought we should build up a nice community which we have because our forums and discord are popping. whats the old mentality? if we build they will come? well that isnt true because we've built a lot and no one has cum but hey we tried things and the fact that we tried was enough. we have a lot of talented people who have dedicated a lot of time and effort and im grateful for them because they are doing it out of the kindess of their heart. nothing sounds better than the teamspeak female voice going "Connected" except for her... i miss her voice. i havent heard it in months. i would do anything just to hear her laugh. If you were weird you probably used the male Teamspeak voice which IO never understood because that dude sounded creepy as fuck. I was a lifelong teamspeak female voice user. Anyways, Teamspeak felt more homely, it felt more like a community IMO. i was a strong proponent for keeping teamspeak instead of discord but i continued to use discord because i knew the change was inevitable. i was BD at the time of the change. as much as i wanted to stay on teamspeak, it just made sense to switch to discord. more and mroe people use it. if you told people you were on teamspeak in a game they would ma ke fun of you. ive been made fun of so many times for saying "yeah join our teamspeak" with discord you can make it a hub for other discords and for the community. you have separate text channels that stay permanent. its cool really. more people are open to using discord because the chances of them having it installed for something completely different is very high as opposed to teamspeak. damn i miss teamspeak. not as much as i miss her. but i remain weak and foolish. i know teamspeak isnt gonna come back (like her) but i hope it does (like her). one can do nothing but hope and pray. realistcally teamspeak will not come back just because discord has been doing well and its pretty good right now except for the secret police and gestapo. some people like creten can dox people and get away with it but i make one silly little joke and get warned to not do it again. it just aint fair. i started watching bojack horseman like two weeks ago. i love the show a lot. last night i got really high and slept at around 3 am while watching the show on my phone. i guess i just knocked out or something because i woke up like a couple hours later and heard soft and quiet talking and was confused as fuck. felt something extremely hot on my chest and it was my phone smothered by my blankets because it continued to play bojack horseman since i just passed out. it played up to like season 3. whatever. im also rewatching community. community is a good show. in a way i can relate to bojack in some ways but i cant most of the ways because hes an awful person. i wouldnt like to think of myself as an awful person but i know i have been awful in the past and i cant help but feel like im a dick a lot of the time. im a good guy, i'd like to think. i think ive done good. but ive also done a lot of bad. like not stopping the discord takeover

• Like 10

• Content Count:  3150

35 minutes ago, John said:

but i think you are incorrect in thinking that discord is what caused the downfall of this community. i wouldnt even say downfall because the community is flourishing... as a community. just not as servers. i dont see that as an issue imo. i've always thought we should build up a nice community which we have because our forums and discord are popping.

^

P.S. TeamSpeak isn't coming back and Discord isn't going away.

• Like 1

• Content Count:  1583

19 hours ago, ㅤDAFTㅤ said:

No, we are not to blame this is not to blame it’s not our fault it’s your fault and we’re changing nothing.

The change in Teamspeak had no impact on the performance of the servers or the activity of the community. There was a short dip in VC users and definitely a change in culture on the platforms but eventually it became as active as the Teamspeak once was. If you think Teamspeak would have kept what's going on now from being the case, I want what you're smoking.

I loved Teamspeak as much as the next guy, but I see what's done as done. Maybe you could form some insightful post about why it could redeem itself, or you know, keep being a passive aggressive shit poster.

• Like 2

• Content Count:  3150

34 minutes ago, Gentoo said:

The change in Teamspeak had no impact on the performance of the servers or the activity of the community. There was a short dip in VC users and definitely a change in culture on the platforms but eventually it became as active as the Teamspeak once was. If you think Teamspeak would have kept what's going on now from being the case, I want what you're smoking.

I loved Teamspeak as much as the next guy, but I see what's done as done. Maybe you could form some insightful post about why it could redeem itself, or you know, keep being a passive aggressive shit poster.

This is why we keep you around.

• Content Count:  1105

I believe SG is in its awkward, mid life crisis phase and it’s trying to figure out what it could flourish into. I believe the transition from TeamSpeak to Discord was the correct movement we needed as a community. SG is no longer a focused gaming community and is trying to transition into a gaming “hub” as you could put it and I think we’re gonna need Discord to be able to accomplish that, sure it could’ve been done with TeamSpeak but it would be much more slow and harder to achieve our true goal. Discord has made changes and is something that’s gonna let SG continue for years with or without gaming servers, because it’s still somewhere people meet and enjoy gaming. 

• Like 2

• Content Count:  971

10 hours ago, Gentoo said:

or you know, keep being a passive aggressive shit poster.

thats a lot more fun than posting 1 insightful post for every 1000 "but is russia really the bad guy here!?!?!"

• Like 9

Reply to Thread