? servers

? players online

A solution.

• Content Count:  5377

Just to kind of add on to this: I also cracked jokes about Error’s condition in the past. Not as a way to put him down, but to include him in the only way I know how without treating him any different than anyone else.

recently, he personally reached out to me and said that he no longer would like to joke about those things as he’s trying to get away from that being his entire identity here and he would appreciate it if I stopped as well. 

I, and I assume the others he messaged, completely cut it out because he made it a known issue. Had he not reached out and said it made him uncomfortable going forward, how would anyone know?

I feel like bringing this argument up after the fact is a little disingenuous. If rygor had a problem with it he should have at the very least DM’d someone above the people who were “making fun of him.” Hell, he didn’t even bring up himself in this thread, you did, so in reality how big of an issue is it for him? No one from the “good guys” paints a picture of “intimidated” to me based on their actions. If they were they wouldn’t brazenly disrespect staff here constantly, much of which @BoMand I are the brunt of and continue to let roll off our shoulders.

Maybe it’s time to stop virtue signaling and actually hold people accountable. Stop acting like angsty teenagers and everything will be okay.

• Content Count:  3150

1 minute ago, rygor said:

with that out of the way i would like to say i would never go out of my way to get anyone banned or in trouble for making jokes like this and i would especially never tell anyone they were the problem and the only thing standing in between this organization and its success if they made an eye joke. call this passive aggressive but that’s absolutely insane and to hear that from the leader of this community was kind of crazy.

A leader of the community never made a statement even remotely relating the success of SG to an eye joke. Some clarity on this maybe?

• Content Count:  2206

3 minutes ago, rygor said:

id like to make a statement here if i could just to address some things about the eye stuff really quick. while i dont particularly like the eye jokes or like hearing them, i still think they can be funny if you’re creative with them and i support peoples right to say them and no offense is ever really taken from them. with that out of the way i would like to say i would never go out of my way to get anyone banned or in trouble for making jokes like this and i would especially never tell anyone they were the problem and the only thing standing in between this organization and its success if they made an eye joke. call this passive aggressive but that’s absolutely insane and to hear that from the leader of this community was kind of crazy. that being said i respect banana joes right to peace and i condone all banana joe slander. olive branch extended 🙌

I don’t think anyone is necessarily pointing a finger at you or calling you out here we are all just trying to get a point across. You saying you take no offense as long as their funny is kinda subjective. What’s funny to you may not necessarily be funny to someone else and vice versa. There’s some people who come to the community and aren’t exactly the most socially aware people and just blurt things out to feel like they are part of the in crowd. I’m not condoning that but if your saying you don’t really take offense than it’s hard to enforce that only xyz can make jokes because they have a way with words or whatever. I’d be more comfortable enforcing people leaving you alone about it or not if you made a clear cut stance and when someone says something that is clearly not a joke we would step in which based on your statement would be the only way I know how to effectively go about it.

• Content Count:  409

1 hour ago, kabLe said:

I don’t think anyone is necessarily pointing a finger at you or calling you out here we are all just trying to get a point across. You saying you take no offense as long as their funny is kinda subjective. What’s funny to you may not necessarily be funny to someone else and vice versa. There’s some people who come to the community and aren’t exactly the most socially aware people and just blurt things out to feel like they are part of the in crowd. I’m not condoning that but if your saying you don’t really take offense than it’s hard to enforce that only xyz can make jokes because they have a way with words or whatever. I’d be more comfortable enforcing people leaving you alone about it or not if you made a clear cut stance and when someone says something that is clearly not a joke we would step in which based on your statement would be the only way I know how to effectively go about it.

here is my statement: i would never want anyone to step in at any time to stop anyone from making any sort of joke about my appearance 

• Like 5

• Content Count:  2206

Alright, I wanted to leave this open until discussion died down and it seems that time has come. Thank you to everyone who had a productive conversation. I think on some level some of this needed to come out on both sides. 

I highly encourage anyone and everyone who has anything more to say to us, please reach out. PM on Discord or send me a message on the forums. I'm more than willing to have a conversation and you can say whatever you'd like to me. My aim is find common ground not point fingers and say haha its your fault or pass blame. I'd much rather come to a mutual understanding than lose anymore members for something that could have been resolved with a conversation.

Please see the recommended post if you read and had no specific opinion.

• Like 1
Edited by kabLe

Reply to Thread