? servers

? players online

A solution.

• Content Count:  2206

Just now, Steel_ said:

I’m not trying to play “semantic” games with you. Hell, I haven’t even heard the word before. I’m just pointing out what I see as unfair and voice my opinion.

I apologize if it comes off like I’m pointing my finger at you. I understand that you don’t see everything that goes on behind the scenes but these individuals in regards to banana joe have been asked multiple times by multiple staff members. I personally expect more from people who have been around for a hot minute and have risen through the ranks and just because they no longer are staff does not mean they should be considered like any other regular player. Though I fully understand the vitriol as I have been in their position and felt scorned by the community for much longer than they have been apart of it. However at some point you need to look at the situation, recognize the part you played, and accept what happens. 

• Like 1

• Content Count:  1105

Personally I believe that if a notification from an accidental discord ping inconveniences your life so much to the point where you have to throw a fit about it then you have different issues you should be worrying about, if you don't like the pings mute the discord/forums or close them. Banana Joe is pretty old and most likely has a life of his own and I can understand if it's a constant thing and pinging him just to piss him off and while I will admit what one member did by pinging him on the forums since he can no longer be reached on the discord is a little overboard but it's become a point to where it's no longer Banana Joe complaining and it's the staff on his behalf throwing a fit. I'm all for punishing those who continue to disregard the warnings about pinging him on the discord and forums for jokes but punishing those who just say the phrase "Banana Joe" is excessive. But if he hadn't reacted the first time by an accidental ping and responded "normally" to it then I'm sure this wouldn't have happened, he's just as fault to it as the people pinging him with the reaction he gave over a mistake. 

• Like 2

• Content Count:  3150

10 minutes ago, Steven. said:

Personally I believe that if a notification from an accidental discord ping inconveniences your life so much to the point where you have to throw a fit about it then you have different issues you should be worrying about, if you don't like the pings mute the discord/forums or close them. Banana Joe is pretty old and most likely has a life of his own and I can understand if it's a constant thing and pinging him just to piss him off and while I will admit what one member did by pinging him on the forums since he can no longer be reached on the discord is a little overboard but it's become a point to where it's no longer Banana Joe complaining and it's the staff on his behalf throwing a fit. I'm all for punishing those who continue to disregard the warnings about pinging him on the discord and forums for jokes but punishing those who just say the phrase "Banana Joe" is excessive. But if he hadn't reacted the first time by an accidental ping and responded "normally" to it then I'm sure this wouldn't have happened, he's just as fault to it as the people pinging him with the reaction he gave over a mistake. 

This just shows how horribly misconstrued the situation is. First off, no one ever threw a fit so please stop throwing around that phrase as if the one who got harassed is doing something childish rather than the children trying to poke fun at someone they don't know purely for their own entertainment. Your (and I assume others) entire justification is based on it being a small thing and his initial reaction, so lets clear some shit up. He initially responded fine and only really got into it when he was pushed and pinged several times and asked to justify why he didn't want some random guy he didn't know pinging him, all in all a completely ridiculous interaction. Since then, its turned into something akin to rebelling against the man, where mentioning Banana Joe is edgy and cool and you're gonna do it because no one can stop you...after all it's just a name you're not breaking any rules. If anyone, anywhere can explain to me how that is anything but childish and give me a reason to why you have to mention his name at all I'd love to hear it. That is really what it comes down to, no one for any reason has to mention the guy but people want to continue to do it because its funny/edgy/rebellious. You want to be able to do it because it isn't against the rules, its just annoying and childish and you don't want to be told you can't be that way.

• Like 1

• Content Count:  1920

How the fuck did we go from talking about unbanning old permed people to talking about Banana Joe again? ffs

Idk. I'm just gonna chuck in my two cents to this general topic. In my opinion, (no offense to any of the staff or how anything is ran) I don't foresee this community hosting servers for much longer than 18 months from now. It's not about management, it's more just based on the facts that gaming communities and community servers in general are a dying breed. Sure, you'll have niche gamemodes with super loyal fanbases, but that's generally it. 

I don't invest my time or effort into this community anymore so obviously a couple of things could have changed in the last few months but from the peeks I have seen, despite our Discord having thousands of members, it really just feels like a couple of friend groups who cross path sometimes. There seems to really be no random joining and interaction from anyone. Pretty much all the activity I see in the Discord is current staff, former staff, or long-standing regs. It doesn't feel very welcoming. I don't agree with all of what @duffy said, but he does make a good point that the Discord isn't welcoming to newcomers. It feels very clique-y and if you're not a part of it, you can't be. This isn't a new problem either. This has something that has persisted for quite a long time. I can confidently say in probably more than half of the instances of new people trying to join the Discord there would be a group of people who talk with them, proceed to make a new channel and leave  them, or as soon as they leave-- shit talk them. I will admit that I am not fully innocent of this, but the point stands.

Idk what to suggest to make the Discord more welcoming but 🤷‍♂️

• Like 1

• Content Count:  5377

47 minutes ago, kabLe said:

Though I fully understand the vitriol as I have been in their position and felt scorned by the community for much longer than they have been apart of it. However at some point you need to look at the situation, recognize the part you played, and accept what happens. 

That’s the funniest shit to me bro. Like at a minimum you, @BoM, and I can relate to their current mentality the most and we’re the main bad guys in this arc for some reason. 

I’m not saying to ignore BoM swinging his dick out of frustration a few posts up( not the most recent one, he responded before I finished this up)  as I believe the sentiments could have been messaged in a less… aggressive tone I guess but try and look past the tone and do some self reflection on how you could be contributing to the very same environment that is being complained about.

With that being said: I personally would have no problem with most of you coming back to staff at some point after working through your own issues with the community. I appreciate all the effort that each of the referenced former staff has dumped into this place as well as the commitments from the regular players who may also have issues. I would also understand if you decided to move on and leave SG in the rear view.

• Content Count:  169

5 minutes ago, Phoenix_ said:

How the fuck did we go from talking about unbanning old permed people to talking about Banana Joe again? ffs

Idk. I'm just gonna chuck in my two cents to this general topic. In my opinion, (no offense to any of the staff or how anything is ran) I don't foresee this community hosting servers for much longer than 18 months from now. It's not about management, it's more just based on the facts that gaming communities and community servers in general are a dying breed. Sure, you'll have niche gamemodes with super loyal fanbases, but that's generally it. 

I don't invest my time or effort into this community anymore so obviously a couple of things could have changed in the last few months but from the peeks I have seen, despite our Discord having thousands of members, it really just feels like a couple of friend groups who cross path sometimes. There seems to really be no random joining and interaction from anyone. Pretty much all the activity I see in the Discord is current staff, former staff, or long-standing regs. It doesn't feel very welcoming. I don't agree with all of what @duffy said, but he does make a good point that the Discord isn't welcoming to newcomers. It feels very clique-y and if you're not a part of it, you can't be. This isn't a new problem either. This has something that has persisted for quite a long time. I can confidently say in probably more than half of the instances of new people trying to join the Discord there would be a group of people who talk with them, proceed to make a new channel and leave  them, or as soon as they leave-- shit talk them. I will admit that I am not fully innocent of this, but the point stands.

Idk what to suggest to make the Discord more welcoming but 🤷‍♂️

Cliques are something that always happen in gaming communities and it’s not necessarily a bad thing. It’s what I think gaming communities are literally meant for, to enjoy a game and find friends from that community and eventually form an online friend group. We’ve seen from the last JB event that there are people that play the servers but just no one who wants to join in first and try and seed it. This was Strayyz’s idea and I’m just repeating it here because I think it could work, but why try and focus on all the servers in SG instead of just one for a bit and increase the server pop in that one server? 

• Content Count:  3150

14 minutes ago, delirium said:

That’s the funniest shit to me bro. Like at a minimum you, @BoM, and I can relate to their current mentality the most and we’re the main bad guys in this arc for some reason. 

I’m not saying to ignore BoM swinging his dick out of frustration a few posts up( not the most recent one, he responded before I finished this up)  as I believe the sentiments could have been messaged in a less… aggressive tone I guess but try and look past the tone and do some self reflection on how you could be contributing to the very same environment that is being complained about.

spacer.png

• Content Count:  2206

1 hour ago, Steven. said:

It’s not accidental for 6 months. Explain how you accidentally type “@banana joe” for 6 months. This is the semantics game I refuse to play. 

the latter half of your paragraph proves in itself that he was annoyed by it and asked the individuals to stop and since those involved knew he was being annoyed they double downed on it. I personally don’t care if you ping me all day long, but he cared so we tried to ask nicely for people to stop since at an individual level each instance is not a big deal. It’s only gotten to this point because of the refusal to stop for way longer than we should have allowed. 

• Like 2

• Content Count:  971

2 hours ago, BoM said:

You clearly came in at a bad time, so apologies for that, but there is no need to correlate that to the norm.

2 hours ago, BoM said:

you're sort of pointing the finger wrong here

Do u guys do fucking anything besides deny responsibility for what happens right in front of u

Like the amount of deflection that's been maintained by the people in positions of power is vile

1 hour ago, delirium said:

do some self reflection on how you could be contributing to the very same environment that is being complained about.

Like no you goddamn caveman we are not the fucking problem

There were no interesting or big updates to the servers in months

The events become infrequent and poorly managed by garbage shitty new applicants (thanks for revoking the rights of respected regulars to comment on admin apps for an entire year)

90% of staff accepted in the past year have been beyond incompetent and infamous for generally asinine behavior (again thanks for revoking the rights of respected regulars to comment on admin apps for an entire year)

Regulars who have been proven to damage the servers time and time again for LITERALLY CHEATING AND EXPLOITING were let off the hook over and over while:

The staff preferred to shift their attention towards lighthearted trolls who did nothing but try to defibrillate the fun server environments

Regulars who are universally disliked and kill servers are still around and kept untouched, even after crossing the line and spitting in the face of respected members in front of the entire community

-

All the good staff members are leaving, this place isn't going anywhere because y'all have no clue how to fix it so if y'all could just unban slurs on JB until the server dies so I can play electric razor with a bunch of racist screaming children one last time that'd be great.

• Like 11

Reply to Thread