? servers

? players online

Stop the confusing rules

• Content Count:  1103

Or they do just enough to the point where it’s not breaking the rules and people just skirt around them. What I’m trying to say in this thread is that I think people should just stop trying to find loop holes and play the fucking game (since it makes admins’ lives harder and players as well with them skirting around the rules)

Just play the game without trying to find a loop hole and it ends up changing the rules and eventually the game mode gets super confusing

• Like 1

• Content Count:  1253

Can we just ban the usage of special rules during a last request as a whole. It gives an unfair advantage to the counter-terrorist your going against. Rules like come to pool and do it or you can do the regular Last Request but don’t hide behind stuff are fair and simple rules. But like freeze give me every shot is uncanny and they could give you a pardon after. It’s basically a free and easy kill. Giving rules like scream is also breaking rules if someone says it in first order. Can we please ban the usage so we can make this fun for the newbies and the community as a whole?

• Content Count:  594

But like freeze give me every shot is uncanny and they could give you a pardon after. It’s basically a free and easy kill. Giving rules like scream is also breaking rules if someone says it in first order.

Both of these orders are unreasonable and are against the rules

The unreasonable LR was kinda discussed here https://www.steam-gamers.net/forum/showthread.php?t=94521.

That’d be unreasonable but it’s up to the CT if they accept it or not. IMO what counts as unreasonable is if it provides either side with a noticeable disadvantage or strays away from the roots of that specific LR.

Also if the scream order is given in FO, one it’s telling the Ts to micspam and two they can’t talk for 30-60 seconds after the order is given and if that’s the only order given then it’s indirectly giving them a free day in FO, the only order was to scream which lets the T do whatever they want

^Indirect freedays in FO also discussed here https://www.steam-gamers.net/forum/showthread.php?t=94554

• Like 1
Edited by Mikey.

• Content Count:  1266

The easiest way to counter confusing orders is to require CTs to repeat their order once they have given a warning shot; it gives the Ts who didn't hear/understand the order a chance to get their shit straight and the punished T a chance to live. It's become a bit more common for CTs to give some dumbass 5 step order, then shoot the Ts dead who didn't follow it to the dot.

I've seen too many times Ts get shanked for 90 damage, because they didn't listen to a certain part of the order. A simple "you should be staring at the ceiling" thrown somewhere in the mix could help a lot.

• Like 7

• Content Count:  3294

Can we just ban the usage of special rules during a last request as a whole. It gives an unfair advantage to the counter-terrorist your going against. Rules like come to pool and do it or you can do the regular Last Request but don’t hide behind stuff are fair and simple rules. But like freeze give me every shot is uncanny and they could give you a pardon after. It’s basically a free and easy kill. Giving rules like scream is also breaking rules if someone says it in first order. Can we please ban the usage so we can make this fun for the newbies and the community as a whole?

The solution to this, don't accept the Ts' LR. If the T doesn't give rules to their LR before it's accepted, you don't have to listen to any rules given after it's accepted and you can do the LR like usual.

A simple "you should be staring at the ceiling" thrown somewhere in the mix could help a lot.

Right, and thankfully some CT's do that. It is still the Ts' responsibility to listen to the order, or maybe even look around them and copy their T buddies' actions.

Not everyone takes notes in JB, ZZL. I can guarantee that there are many instances every day where a kid is distracted by family, steam messages or many other factors and doesn't catch the order and is promptly killed because he crouched after getting warning shot, but didn't stare at the floor.

• Like 1

• Content Count:  3294

Not everyone takes notes in JB, ZZL. I can guarantee that there are many instances every day where a kid is distracted by family, steam messages or many other factors and doesn't catch the order and is promptly killed because he crouched after getting warning shot, but didn't stare at the floor.

or maybe even look around them and copy their T buddies' actions.

'

Yeah, getting CT's to repeat every order after dealing a warning shot would be nice, but I don't think the AT's want to keep restricting the CTs with things like that.

• Like 1
Edited by TheZZL

Look around and get killed for not following the order of looking at the ground? Do we play on the same server filled with kill hungry CTs? I'm proposing a counter to outright removing 'confusing orders' which at this point is an order of more than 2 things to do; once a warning shot is given, I'm proposing that the CT must tell the T what he is doing wrong and not just the bullshit 'he didn't follow the order, I don't have to repeat myself" narrative going on at the moment.

• Like 4

• Content Count:  590

'

Yeah, getting CT's to repeat every order after dealing a warning shot would be nice, but I don't think the AT's want to keep restricting the CTs with things like that.

It's not that much of a restriction. They would just be restricting people who are trying to confuse people with stupid orders.

• Like 1

• Content Count:  539

I think following up a warning shot with a restatement of what part of the order they are doing wrong should be standard. This isnt really restricting CTs in anyway, they are shooting at people who are trying to follow orders anyway and taking two seconds to clarify the order isnt taking anything away from the CTs. IF the majority of the Ts are doign the order wrong then clearly something was missed, so instead of shooting everyone doing the order wrong, you shoot one and restate. This helps the rest of the Ts understand the real order and adjust.

Also, if a T is doing an order wrong they, more likely then not, simply didnt hear the proper order, so a warning shot with no follow up of what they should be doing doesnt tell them what they should be doing

• Like 2

Reply to Thread