? servers

? players online

Stop the confusing rules

• Content Count:  568

1 minute ago, The Real Slim Jim said:

specifically talking about the people who use chat binds to abuse the fact that one ct who gives orders over mic then conflicts with chat can get easy free damage or kills in an unfair and unfun manner

No because that would be free damaging since voice overrides chat.

• Content Count:  430

Not sure why there's still confusion and debate about this. Fantastic made it clear that if a CT is giving confusing or unnecessary orders, an admin can and will step in. There's not much more to it. 

If you see someone giving irrational or unneeded orders, call an admin or make a complaint, and it will be dealt with accordingly. 

• Like 3

• Content Count:  3294

1 hour ago, The Real Slim Jim said:

you will still get ws by shitty cts and if no mic or before 4 no time to ask for clarification; effect stacks and you die from 2nd or 3rd ws

specifically talking about the people who use chat binds to abuse the fact that one ct who gives orders over mic then conflicts with chat can get easy free damage or kills in an unfair and unfun manner

That is, against the rules. If a mic order is given and another CT gives a different order in chat, it's conflicting. Those "Shitty CTs" are breaking the rules by warning shotting you for no reason. 

2 hours ago, dafty said:

He gives orders like "take NO step out, crouch and freeze" and generally confusing bullshit. Admins need to step up and put these kids in their place.

That is not confusing and is pretty straight forward. "Take no step out of your cell, face the back of your cell, crouch, and freeze".  I don't see the issue, just because it's not the "Take a step out crouch freeze" order we've heard a billion times doesn't mean it's confusing. If an order is confusing, an admin can spot it , point it out, and tell the CT To cut the crap. However, there's no need to "put these  kids in their place" if all they're doing is either copying other guards/regulars and their orders, or just using orders they've seen on other Jailbreak servers (For example the "No step out" order). 

• Content Count:  625

6 minutes ago, TheZZL said:

That is not confusing and is pretty straight forward. "Take no step out of your cell, face the back of your cell, crouch, and freeze".  I don't see the issue, just because it's not the "Take a step out crouch freeze" order we've heard a billion times doesn't mean it's confusing. If an order is confusing, an admin can spot it , point it out, and tell the CT To cut the crap. However, there's no need to "put these  kids in their place" if all they're doing is either copying other guards/regulars and their orders, or just using orders they've seen on other Jailbreak servers (For example the "No step out" order). 

In my opinion, this "no step" order's entire purpose is to confuse people between taking a step out and not taking a step out. Whenever this order is given the CT always says it extremely fast, making people only hear the second half of the order. The entire statement of "no step out" is completely unnecessary as just saying face the back and freeze is literally the same order with less confusion. If you're going to tell people to take steps, they should be taking steps. I think if someone is intentionally making it unclear whether to take a step out or not based on their wording and how they present the order should count as giving a confusing order.

It's like saying freeze, un-crouch and don't crouch. The don't crouch is unnecessary and just adds confusion when it's not heard clearly if the order is spoken fast or without clarity. In my opinion trying to confuse people with unnecessary parts in their orders should count as giving a confusing order, however it's up to the SMs.

• Like 1

Just now, splayd said:

In my opinion, this "no step" order's entire purpose is to confuse people between taking a step out and not taking a step out. Whenever this order is given the CT always says it extremely fast, making people only hear the second half of the order. The entire statement of "no step out" is completely unnecessary as just saying face the back and freeze is literally the same order with less confusion. If you're going to tell people to take steps, they should be taking steps. I think if someone is intentionally making it unclear whether to take a step out or not based on their wording and how they present the order should count as giving a confusing order.

It's like saying freeze, un-crouch and don't crouch. The don't crouch is unnecessary and just adds confusion when it's not heard clearly if the order is spoken fast or without clarity. In my opinion trying to confuse people with unnecessary parts in their orders should count as giving a confusing order, however it's up to the SMs.

If a Guard gives an order very fast and makes it hard to understand, as an admin you are able to tell them to repeat the order because it was confusing in it of itself. What you're asking is for people to not use a  few more words, that's pretty unreasonable. Yes the example of "Freeze, un-crouch, and then don't crouch" can be viewed as confusing, but saying "Do not take a step out of your cell and freeze" is very understandable and straight forward. What gives you the right to determine what diction is confusing and not in a sentence, other than continuing the order with more double-negatives and such (Which is confusing). 

• Like 1

• Content Count:  958

On 1/3/2020 at 3:56 PM, anuL said:

once a warning shot is given, I'm proposing that the CT must tell the T what he is doing wrong and not just the bullshit 'he didn't follow the order, I don't have to repeat myself" narrative going on at the moment.

Is there an official answer to this? Recently there have been a lot of people with a stick up their ass that will warning shot you and say “Im not repeating myself” then kill you 3 seconds later. This has been a problem for well over 6 months and making CTs repeat the order after warning shots seems like a simple solution. 

• Like 1

• Content Count:  927

The order "Do not take a step out of your cell and freeze" is now considered a confusing order. I apologize for getting this order confused with another. Like I state later, the “do not take a step out” is just to add confusion. If you don’t want them to take a step out, then don’t tell them to take a step out. As far as the order "Freeze, un-crouch, and then don't crouch" implies just to freeze. Players who add the "un-crouch and then don't crouch" or anything related to that is just trying to create chaos. I personally am okay with an admin telling the CT to cut it out. There's no need to add that unnecessary part to such a simple order.

On 8/29/2020 at 12:23 PM, Dom said:

Is there an official answer to this? Recently there have been a lot of people with a stick up their ass that will warning shot you and say “Im not repeating myself” then kill you 3 seconds later. This has been a problem for well over 6 months and making CTs repeat the order after warning shots seems like a simple solution. 

This is one of the things that will be discussed the next time fanta and I can get together. I'll let you know if something changes.

• Like 9
Edited by Chad

@Chadhas gone ahead and edited the answer provided, please re-read his statement to make sure you are up-to-date with the change.

"No step out freeze" and "Do not take a step out and freeze" are now considered confusing orders and are not allowed.

Edit: Just thought it would be worthwhile for people to re-read this definition here: 

On 8/27/2020 at 6:12 PM, fantastic said:

"• Reasonable Orders - An order that is straightforward, clear, to the point, easy to understand, not meant to confuse or trick, and gives the prisoners enough time to follow."

Admins are welcome to enforce this definition. You can call an admin if someone's purposefully trying to trick Ts by giving long-winded, unnecessarily complex orders.

• Like 5
Edited by TheZZL

Reply to Thread