12 members have voted

1. 1. Should SG have a one deag server?

• Yes
    • No

SG One Deag Server

• Content Count:  568

SG One Deagle Server/Juan Deag Server

Reason?

The reason I think SG should have it's own one deag server is I feel players enjoy the more competitive side of CSGO. For example, retakes around 10 AM all it takes is one person to get on and in the next few minutes the server is already full. However, if you tried to get a lot of people on Minigames for example you would have to wait a decent amount of time because not a lot of new players come around. On the other hand, retakes has tons of new players everyday and it's doing well in population. Reason I bring up all of this is because most of the new players that servers get are looking for something competitive and one deag servers are not only competitive they are a great way to practice one of the key mechanics in the game (Save Rounds) while getting that need for competition and getting better with one of the best weapons in the game (Deagle). Which would probably keep the playerbase of new players and the regulars who decide to stay.

Rules and Plugins

Ill start off with the Plugins. One of the key plugins (already added) is the rank system which gives players a sense of competition because then they have something to measure there skill increase. Another plugin that should be added is (don't know if this is possible) to remove the speed decrease when you get shot because for body shots you still get slower the more you're shot at and essentially you're supposed to die to the first headshot unless its a wallbang so having the speed decrease is just useless and annoying. Also, keep autoteambalance on. Next I will go into the 2 main rules for deagle servers (if BD's approve and the other default rules like no mic spam no admin disrespect will also be added) no 

spinning and no headglitching into area's were your head cannot be shot which will be punishable by being slayed.

Map Pool

There are a lot of maps for deagle maps and the limited time event is only hosting 16 of these maps. So, if this does become a server a bigger map pool would be necessary because there is only so many times I can hear the lady from McDonalds going "Thank you for choosing McDonald's would you like to try one of our value meals today?" Maybe you can also cut off some of the actual comp maps into sections so it can be played like that.

Please give your thoughts about this in the poll and also as a comment. Thank you for reading this.

Sincerely,

Amazing

• Like 5

• Content Count:  927

As I've stated before, I don't think server would work. There are a decent amount of players on the servers because of multiple reasons. School hasn't started for most people, it's a limited time event, and there isn't really much to do because of the pandemic. Out of all the servers and game modes you can play in CSGO, I really don't think many people are going to play a One Deag server. Also, RTD and the map layouts ruin any sort of warmup vibe. I don't see it being successful. 

• Like 2

• Content Count:  625

Why not just combine the concepts of servers such like deagle only, one-deag only, awp only, pistol only, etc and make a server which has a bi-monthly/monthly theme of weapons featuring different maps? We could have a large map pool and a continuous cycle of different styles of weapons used will appeal to many different users. RTD can be a "fun" feature for people who just want to have fun, while people could always just not use the plugin if they were trying to be serious.

9 minutes ago, Chad said:

As I've stated before, I don't think server would work. There are a decent amount of players on the servers because of multiple reasons. School hasn't started for most people, it's a limited time event, and there isn't really much to do because of the pandemic. Out of all the servers and game modes you can play in CSGO, I really don't think many people are going to play a One Deag server. Also, RTD and the map layouts ruin any sort of warmup vibe. I don't see it being successful. 

I was going to include the fact that you mentioned School as being a factor into the success of the server but I just couldn't seem to find the right words to it in the actual thread so I will just put it here.  School is a factor that will effect every server so if you really want to base the success off of one server because of School that is just like having a uncontrolled variable in a science equation. Some students will decide yeah I don't like online school and go to CS and others will participate in school like supposed too. Addressing the part of RTD and Map layouts, Roll the dice was removed due to the many issues the server was having and it just wasn't fun if someone was running around 5x your speed, the map layouts are meant to be close quarters because of the fact that they want the rounds to go quickly which is perfect for deagle's because of the fact that its angles, distance, etc.

• Like 1
Edited by Amazing

• Content Count:  6759

I honestly skimmed the thread real quick to respond to this. It's extremely difficult to populate a deagle server specifically in our community judging by how we've had 3 events for it and I hosted 2 of the 3. There's only one community I know that has done it successfully and that's because that it's their star server in which the community only cares about their deagle server. This is not me shooting down the idea, it's just from my observations.

• Like 3

• Content Count:  128

1 hour ago, Black Rain said:

I honestly skimmed the thread real quick to respond to this. It's extremely difficult to populate a deagle server specifically in our community judging by how we've had 3 events for it and I hosted 2 of the 3. There's only one community I know that has done it successfully and that's because that it's their star server in which the community only cares about their deagle server. This is not me shooting down the idea, it's just from my observations.

One question, are you referring to [PRG] or another server because I used to only play prg like 3 years ago and only play their one deag server.

6 minutes ago, Stewie said:

One question, are you referring to [PRG] or another server because I used to only play prg like 3 years ago and only play their one deag server.

She was referring to PrG look at #random in discord.

• Content Count:  922

I don't think making a server out of this will do any good. 

if you make it just a full on deagle only server made for warmups, it's gonna go the same as the execute server that we had in a past event: people play it for the first few days, and then it turns into ash.

if you're thinking of making it into a fun server with deagle only via RTD, well, we have a server called Minigames, just ask Damon.

Edited by Asher

• Content Count:  2681

Having a server like this can be very repetitive, much like an AWP server. Gun specific servers like Deagle, AWP, and any other should stay as an event or an MGT. That's just my opinion. Just by looking through GameTracker, I can already say with confidence that it won't go well. There is only one server that has a good rank and seeing what Black Rain said, we're most likely looking at the same one. It's a good server to have every now and then, however I don't think it has a stable enough playerbase to push for it. 

• Like 4
Edited by Creten

Reply to Thread